Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Almost like Elminage, eh?
*click*
FuxT0vLWYAsxefz

429347745.jpg
:hmmm:
I don't see much resemblence tbh

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is she pregnant and hoping that saiyan sea green-blue is the father? But lo! Bandaid-Boy banged her a lot. Who will it be? Meanwhile the evil eyed demon slut has plans for them all in her sex dungeon of pain.

Ok... that's my picture interpretation. Maybe I'll read about it now.

Edit... yeah.... I wasn't even close.

Porcus and Purrsula. Oh! Its a furry pet adventure.

Last edited:

Elttharion

Learned
Marvelous just did a showcase too:

• Fashion Dreamer
  • Project Magia
  • Project Life is RPG
  • Rune Factory Project Dragon
  • Rune Factory 6
  • New Story of Seasons
  • Daemon X Machina 2
No Senran Kagura
Fuck Sony for killing the franchise

notpl

Arbiter
Marvelous just did a showcase too:

• Fashion Dreamer
  • Project Magia
  • Project Life is RPG
  • Rune Factory Project Dragon
  • Rune Factory 6
  • New Story of Seasons
  • Daemon X Machina 2
No Senran Kagura
Fuck Sony for killing the franchise

After Rune Factory 5, I'm not even willing to entertain anything else from that company until I see at least one ritual suicide from a c-level executive in apology first.

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
DXM2 though, I'm hyped for that. The mecha renaissance is approaching.

we don't talk about nu-Hawken in this household

CyberModuled

Arbiter
DT2/2-2 comes out June 9th, interview with the original director of the games can be found on Gematsu article if you want to read more.

Unfortunately, it seems like Shiravune still haven't discussed about alternative stores than Johren yet, however some Discord messages have indicated they're fine with a "drm-free" version, so long as they're contacted by the store who might be interested. So I come here to partially beg for anybody who cares to add to the wish list for each game below so GOG is at least aware. I'm not even sure how much GOG takes into consideration regarding their wish list site these days but hey, it's worth a shot. Who knows, maybe they'll throw other stuff like Dohna Dohna or the Utawarerumono games on GOG in the future if something happens.

https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/to_heart_2_dungeon_travelers?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/dungeon_travelers_2?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/d...ness_and_the_book_of_beginnings?as=1649904300

Elttharion

Learned
DT2/2-2 comes out June 9th, interview with the original director of the games can be found on Gematsu article if you want to read more.

Unfortunately, it seems like Shiravune still haven't discussed about alternative stores than Johren yet, however some Discord messages have indicated they're fine with a "drm-free" version, so long as they're contacted by the store who might be interested. So I come here to partially beg for anybody who cares to add to the wish list for each game below so GOG is at least aware. I'm not even sure how much GOG takes into consideration regarding their wish list site these days but hey, it's worth a shot. Who knows, maybe they'll throw other stuff like Dohna Dohna or the Utawarerumono games on GOG in the future if something happens.

https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/to_heart_2_dungeon_travelers?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/dungeon_travelers_2?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/d...ness_and_the_book_of_beginnings?as=1649904300
Done :salute:

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
What sort of player would you recommend Dungeon Travelers to?

Washimi:
“Aquaplus fans will enjoy these games, of course, but dungeon crawler fans are going to have a great time too. We’ve crafted some pretty challenging dungeons that might even test dungeon-crawling veterans, especially if they want to 100 percent everything, so by all means, please come put your skills to the test.

Great article, and it's true. Don't let the cute girls fool you: this series will bust your balls in more ways than one maybe

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
I bought it using their store coins. It's a curious system, it's meant to work like a gacha currency shared across their hosted games and create dopamine for heavy spenders, but if you're just there to buy their "Premium Games" (real games like the DT series) you can make out like a bandit with the first timer discounts and ignore it afterwards. Don't let the excess coins spook you either, that's just meant to push users towards further engagement to not let them go to "waste".

Alternatively, you can just buy them outright with real currency, but you don't get the full discounts that way.

Might give off a more heavy atmosphere if you are a spending a lot of time in lengthy SPRG battles with the moody music, whereas in the original game you are moving between battle screens and zones and between different zones and cutscenes a lot, so the music is changing frequently. You would probably lose out on a lot of the presentation value of the original game, ie the dramatic posing of the characters in battle against full sprite artwork monsters and travelling around the overworld through the big pixel backgrounds.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/mer...-mercenaries-saga-series-coming-to-pc-in-2023

Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix and Mercenaries Saga series coming to PC in 2023​

Four strategy RPGs ported by Flyhigh Works.
Sal Romano
Jun 29 2023 / 10:01 PM EDT

Mercenaries-Games-Steam_06-29-23-320x180.jpg

Publisher Flyhigh Works and developers RideonJapan and Esquadra will release strategy RPGs Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix, Mercenaries Saga: Will of the White Lions, Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Sliver Eagle, and Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War for PC via Steam in 2023, the companies announced.
The Steam pages and Japanese pricing are as follows:
Western pricing has yet to be announced.
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix is currently available for PlayStation 4 and Switch worldwide.
Mercenaries Saga: Will of the White Lions, Mercenaries Saga 2: Order of the Sliver Eagle, and Mercenaries Saga 3: Gray Wolves of War are currently available for Switch as part of Mercenaries Saga Chronicles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom