Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

janior

Arcane
Patron
DS2 has higher highs and lower lows, DS3 is not bad it's done by the numbers and they didn't even try to experiment or innovate anything(wish that cool lightning system made it to DS2 but oh well :negative:)
At least we get DS1 (as slow as it is) and DS3, unless you don't mind the new open-world game DLC that crosses over with My Little Pony. Prancing around like you're on vacation does a great job at destroying any horror vibes. I already forgot everything about DS3: Big World (yawn!), except for Malenia. Still liked Gael more, though.
play demon souls if you haven't, played it last year for the first time, it's as good as the first dsif not better

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
cvv consider's Lords of the Fallen a great game
My brother, real talk now, how is it that whenever you post something it's almost always some shade of moronic? I seriously don't remember you ever saying anything intelligent or interesting.

It's almost like Wrong Carlo but instead of wrong you're always retarded.
You wouldn't recognize something interesting nor intelligent, it's not your domain. I'm not your brother, my family do not have a history of trisomy 21 and if it had, my mother would tell me she flushed you in a toilet. Stop lying.
Yep, again.

Incredible consistency.

MasPingon

Arcane
My brother, real talk now, how is it that whenever you post something it's almost always some shade of moronic? I seriously don't remember you ever saying anything intelligent or interesting.

It's almost like Wrong Carlo but instead of wrong you're always retarded.
You wouldn't recognize something interesting nor intelligent, it's not your domain. I'm not your brother, my family do not have a history of trisomy 21 and if it had, my mother would tell me she flushed you in a toilet. Stop lying.
Yep, again.

Incredible consistency.
Yes, you got it for sure:
asdasdas.png

Devastator

Learned
DS2 has higher highs and lower lows, DS3 is not bad it's done by the numbers and they didn't even try to experiment or innovate anything(wish that cool lightning system made it to DS2 but oh well :negative:)
At least we get DS1 (as slow as it is) and DS3, unless you don't mind the new open-world game DLC that crosses over with My Little Pony. Prancing around like you're on vacation does a great job at destroying any horror vibes. I already forgot everything about DS3: Big World (yawn!), except for Malenia. Still liked Gael more, though.
play demon souls if you haven't, played it last year for the first time, it's as good as the first dsif not better
Yes, I played it. It's not bad, but in terms of design, I found it has its highs and lows. Additionally, some of the bosses are just completely meh. It kind of shows that they were still figuring out what kind of game they wanted to make. If I were forced to choose between playing DeS or ER again, I would choose DeS. Neither of them is bad, but if I were to play them again, I would question why I'm spending time on this when I could be replaying DS3 or BB.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Demon's Souls will forever be the best Souls game.

demonssouls-archstonet2iuk.png
demonssouls-archstone7pcy1.png
demonssouls-archstonetjeik.png
demonssouls-archstoneggdqs.png
demonssouls-archstonevniq1.png

demonssouls-maideninbm5fhw.gif

Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.

Odoryuk

Educated
Cold buildup doesn't do anything
- cold doesn't do anything
- poison doesn't do anything
- poise does next to nothing
- durability is pointless
- weapon sweet spots have been rendered irrelevant
- armor is a joke
- split damage is a complete joke, therefore all split weapons are useless, therefore many boss weapons are useless, therefore many weapon infusions are useless
- most weapon arts are stupid and nobody uses them
- magic sucks
- miracles suck
- build variety is stunted compared to the previous games, especially DS2
- they got rid of various DS2 NG+ changes and surprises and brought back boring DS1 NG+
- got rid of bonfire ascetic
- got rid of powerstancing
- got rid of challenge run rewards (rings for not dying/not using bonfires etc.)
- PvP is way more annoying than DS2 due to cheap rolls and fast chugging
- covenants are utterly shoddy, sometimes just copy-pastes of each other, plus matchmaking is retarded so you rarely met anyone to fight even during the launch week
- there are fewer NPCs and most of them are forgettable and boring, including their quests
- level design is shockingly bad, feels like Chinese outsourcing
- big fat dollops of cringy fanservice at every step
- R1 spam solves 95% of the game

And I'm not even sure that's all of the cons.

The pros:
- looks ok
- moves smoothly
- a few great bosses

Dark Souls 3 is pretty good
Read the above and correct your mistaken conclusion.

To each their own, I guess, but I'm not surprised a person who loves DS2 to the point of hating other FS games also happen to like a very slow, clunky and artistically barren (not like DS2 is devoid of anything good artistically, but its visual style is very lacking) game that tries to imitate Souls but does it poorly.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
a person who loves DS2 to the point of hating other FS games
Don't try to be sneaky, you're bad at it. I love all FS games except DS3. Because I don't love soulless, flat, by-the-numbers, low-effort, fan servicing trash.
also happen to like a very slow, clunky and artistically barren (not like DS2 is devoid of anything good artistically, but its visual style is very lacking) game that tries to imitate Souls but does it poorly.
Someone who enjoys DS3 that's mostly beige and grey should really not speak about art at all. Also if you wanna speak about LotF you should at least play it instead of parrotting talking points from the webz from people who also didn't play it.

Odoryuk

Educated
You sound like a zoomer. No one is interested in an echo chamber, it's just your opinion is literally retarded. Dark souls 3 throws a shit load of non-estus healing items at you, it's just less honest about it. Humanity/embers, blessings, mushrooms, beer, it goes on and on.
Dark Souls 3 throws even less non-estus healing items than even Dark Souls 1, as you can use ember only once, while you can heal using Humanity an infinite amount of times. But humanity it tough to farm and you can't buy them in unlimited qualities. Blessings are exceptionally rare and you can only have 2 or 1 on your at any point, you can't hoard them. Same with mushrooms and beers. You can't just buy them like you can in Dark Souls 2, where bying healing gems from Melentia was a good way keeping yourself from overlevelling.

Odoryuk

Educated
15 estus + all that shit. In a game where you can piss from one bonfire to the next
That's true for all 3 Dark Souls games. Dark Souls 2 is the only one where it's very easy to obtain multiple of 99 healing items that are always on you and easily available for use.

Caim

Arcane
15 estus + all that shit. In a game where you can piss from one bonfire to the next
That's true for all 3 Dark Souls games. Dark Souls 2 is the only one where it's very easy to obtain multiple of 99 healing items that are always on you and easily available for use.
On top of that, since healing works on casts per attuned spell instead of a mana bar even the barest investment into casting will give you additional heals. The standard Heal spell heals almost as much as an upgraded Estus flask, it has 3 uses without overleveling Attunement, and you can buy one from Meletina and one from Licia (with a third being available if you start as a Cleric). Sure it's not as useful in the heat of combat, but if you absolutely NEED the additional healing it's there.

Odoryuk

Educated
On top of that, since healing works on casts per attuned spell instead of a mana bar even the barest investment into casting will give you additional heals. The standard Heal spell heals almost as much as an upgraded Estus flask, it has 3 uses without overleveling Attunement, and you can buy one from Meletina and one from Licia (with a third being available if you start as a Cleric). Sure it's not as useful in the heat of combat, but if you absolutely NEED the additional healing it's there.
That one I have no problem with, as you have to upgrade your character for them to use spells and miracles. Buying healing gems is possible for every character and it doesn't require any complex actions, you just have spare souls that you spend on healing gems. Considering that in vanilla DS2 you could easily repair Ring of Sacrifice, losing souls was a rare occasion, so I always had them on my first couple of playthroughs. IIRC Scholar of the First Sin fixed that, but I don't remember the details.

Hell Swarm

Educated
If you play in this very specific and niche way you can get loads of souls to infinitely heal.

Why is it always autists looking to break games who talk such utter garbage?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
DS2 is not flawless. You got us. It does have objective flaws like lifegems and soul memory and levels that aren't interconnected.

It'd be legit if you didn't ride DS2's dick from the position of a DS3 fan, a game that's p. much the opposite of a flawed gem. (What would be the opposite of a flawed gem btw? A turd wrapped in a gilded tinfoil?).

MasPingon

Arcane
cvv, could you just stay in Ds2 thread? It is such a nice retard detector, where your quasi religious praise of bad games is contained. It is also easy for maintenance, rational forum members can just decide not to go there. Do not infect DS3 thread with your brain worms, please.

MasPingon

Arcane
cvv, hard not to be IQ monster being placed next to your Codex all-round retared persona , literally no effort. As a long time lurker it pains me to see what you're doing with this place. 15 years ago such braindead faggots where send into retardo land in the bud, so they wouldn't spread their incompetence. Now your kind have a safe space here, at least stay there.

9ted6

Educated
Dark Souls 3 encapsulates the decline of From and the genre as a whole.

No more slow and methodical combat where quick bursts of speed or flailing combos are rare, every fight is anime shit on steroids.

No more story that's pretty dumb but unintrusive and at least leaves lots of blank space for you to make things up with, now the story's completely up its own ass and recycled and relies entirely on shitty Youtube channels to drum up hype for lore that isn't actually there.

No more connected, thought out level design, just throw whatever random shit in there you want and let your fans defend critics by saying they 'just don't get it'.

Dark Souls 2 sort of had the problem but 3 solidified the series as an artificially difficult button masher where you memorize patterns like a hack and slash Dance Dance Revolution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom