Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amazon ships an MMORPG - New World

ADL

Prophet

Late Bloomer

Scholar
59602669a14a8c170c8832661470e9426e7bec10.png

ADL

Prophet
Very good but I'm on a 5800X3D+4090/4K so I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I'd imagine any CPU/GPU combo from the last five years would be acceptable at 1080p/1440p.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Wait, that's a 30 $ expansion? I thought it's going to be free. You're already paying 40$ for a half-baked game with a season pass.

ADL

Prophet
Wait, that's a 30 $ expansion? I thought it's going to be free. You're already paying 40$ for a half-baked game with a season pass.
It's a buy2play game. The season pass covers seasonal content but I'm not aware of any game that would give away the expansion for free just because it has a $10 season pass every three months.

Also hasn't been half-baked since Brimstone Sands came out a year ago.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Why can’t amazon deliver stuff by ULTRA HOT Amazonian titty tasseled wenches in string bikinis? Free lap dance/pole dance every delivery.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
It's a buy2play game. The season pass covers seasonal content but I'm not aware of any game that would give away the expansion for free just because it has a $10 season pass every three months.

Also hasn't been half-baked since Brimstone Sands came out a year ago.
You might be right about the half-baked part, I haven't played the game since release.
I guess my problem is that IF Amazon wants this game to have a second wind and bring back people that they've lost because of all the launch issues, the last thing they should do is release a 30$ expansion that doesn't really add much in terms of content from what I've gathered, but also raises the level and gear cap which means that it's pretty much mandatory if you want to come back into the game.

ADL

Prophet
It's worthwhile with the expansion for sure, given you like the setting and combat. Brimstone Sands and the Elysian Wilds are some of the best zones I've played in any MMO and it is just a comfy game to login and lifeskill/run expeditions in.

Yosharian

Arcane
It's worthwhile with the expansion for sure, given you like the setting and combat. Brimstone Sands and the Elysian Wilds are some of the best zones I've played in any MMO and it is just a comfy game to login and lifeskill/run expeditions in.
Lmao you bought an expansion for this?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

That's what you're going to give him crap about? At least it's an actual game that exists.

Myobi

Liturgist

That's what you're going to give him crap about? At least it's an actual game that exists.
Stop poking fun at the mentally challenged, its not cool.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This thing actually any good now? The setting looked cool, but at launch it seemed like dog shit.

The world is well conceived and feels "big" unlike some MMOs. It was hellish before the last expansion because without mounts there was WAY too much running around like an idiot. Weapons are decent, dungeons are above average. Not as good as more mature MMOs but you can tell a bit of thought went into them.

My main gripe with the game still remains the quests are pretty horrendous. I cannot name a single NPC in the game to this day or any motivation as to why they do anything. It plays more like a sandbox than a themepark if that makes sense.

ADL

Prophet
Got the original game for free (pre-ordered on Amazon back when it was free2play, they honored the free price) and I've been playing on and off since Brimstone Sands came out (free expansion-sized update) and that was really good so I didn't hesitate to buy this. I'd much rather play this over retail WoW or FFXIV.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom