Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

7 Days to die - Now with Codex Server Details on Page 2

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Protip: Don't build your base inside of an existing building, because of the new questing system.

I don't say this because I expect people to be courteous of other players doing quests.

I say this because if somebody starts a quest, and you have your base built inside the quest zone, everything gets erased and reset to server default conditions.

Ooops.

Cutting it way to close joining the game on day 5. Hopefully next horde night I actually have a rifle or something.

Thanks for that.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You have no luck with food?

I seem to get way too much food, maybe my lucky goggles are broken.

I seem to get double loot on everything, and I thought it was just a game setting. Like I'll get two skill books every time, or I'll get double food.

Don Peste

Arcane
D6crhUu.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, understand.

The more you do, the more you eat. Late game, I can eat between 10 to 12 hobo-stews a day from just raiding and doing stuff.

edit.. logged in and its 1800 on day 21.

I haven't played enough to withstand a day 21 horde yet, but I've made progress on my base. Hopefully I'll be able to start making cement and forged steel soon so I can make something that will survive.

The demolisher zombies are the tough part of day 21. You need forged steel and a nail gun to reasonably fight them off. Forged steel to survive the occasional explosion and the nail gun to repair fast enough.

I'll log in after horde night and try to continue building forges and work benches, which I'll make available to anyone who wishes to use them. I'll take a screen shot of my map once the crafting room is created and post it here, might be a few days though. My play time is sporadic.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Pretty sure zombies spawned on the server for horde are based on your personal character / characters within the chunk you're in.

Also, food is horribly balanced. Early game food is shit.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
muh survival crafting zombo game that has been in ALPHA for nearly a DECADE and they require you to own the game to participate in steam discussions which tells me it's a hugbox...

massive decline

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I put a box with some random armor and guns outside my base.

If you need some starter gear, and you are nearby, feel free to take it.

I might try to make a moat around the trader near my base. I'll put a power bridge across it so people can get by to the trader.

The traders are invincible, so you can stand on the invincible moat during horde night if you don't have a base or anything built, and toss bombs and stuff down into the moat for xp. Just have to make a "cliff-hanger" style base to deal with vultures.

Last edited:

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
muh survival crafting zombo game that has been in ALPHA for nearly a DECADE and they require you to own the game to participate in steam discussions which tells me it's a hugbox...

massive decline

Fuck off, Jenkem.

I put a box with some random armor and guns outside my base.

If you need some starter gear, and you are nearby, feel free to take it.

If anyone needs forged iron, I can hook you up.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Fags did it to me again, every time i log in its like 21:30 on horde night hah, no time to do anything but run around screaming in terror.

I'll see if i can find a few weapons and ammo after the night is over and leave it in the freebie box for new people.

edit..

I put a couple level 6 pipe machine guns outside my base for people, and other random stuff.

I'm slowly leveling my guy up so I can actually raid the good spots. Got a chemistry station finally, all I need now is an auger and then I can really go nuts on base building. I'd love to find an ak47 or tactical rifle, but until then, I gotta do the lower tier stuff.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
My shit shack now has a half stone defensive wall and a sniper tower. It's slowly improving.

Decided to level fortitude first as I usually rush any damage resistance type perks in systems like this. I guess I'll be focusing primarily on assault rifles since it provides the most bonuses to those.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I think I set it so you have to login at least once every 90 days for your land claim to remain valid. Also that's how long I've paid for the server for, at least for now.

Do 7DtD servers not tend to get reset eventually? Idk what your settings are, I'm just used to games like this having issues with resource availability on multiplayer after a certain stage.

Fuck off, Jenkem.

Can't help himself screeching every time someone mentions something in EA. That's autism for you I guess.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
My shit shack now has a half stone defensive wall and a sniper tower. It's slowly improving.

Decided to level fortitude first as I usually rush any damage resistance type perks in systems like this. I guess I'll be focusing primarily on assault rifles since it provides the most bonuses to those.

Nice, I managed to get my "resource gathering" base upgraded to concrete last time I played and I started on a farm (ie made a bunch of farm plots).

And I finally found an AK47, I think I can start on the Tier 4 quests next time I play. Oh, I threw a level 3 Iron chest armor in the box outside my base if anyone wants it, I upgraded to a level 5 chest armor.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I began construction on the invincible moat base.

I put up frame blocks outside the trader so you don't accidentally fall in the pit under construction. I'll eventually build a bridge, but first I need to make the pit and determine the proper dimensions.

At least the trader I'm at is in a minor town with nothing good around it, so I doubt it will see much foot traffic anyways. Most people want to set up bases near the larger towns with higher level POIs.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Nice, i just got stuck in the wasteland at night, I used so much ammo, i finally just stopped shooting and hid for the last 2 hours of night.

Holy crap that was intense.

I'm building a base in the wasteland for farming but fugg, thats some exp grinding to be had too.

edit.. I didn't intend to build a base in the wasteland, but all my T4 quests are out there, and the wasteland is the "end game" raiding for 7DTD in a way. So I figured I'd make a land-claim and start building something, but wow the zombies.

I was on top of a building and I took a sniper shot at a zombie. It was like kicking an ant hill. They started coming from every direction, and they just don't stop in the wasteland. It's like there is infinite spawn there or something. To compound the problems, the damage the zombies do to the buildings causes screamers to spawn also.

Either way, it was a good game session. One day I'll find an auger, but a steel pick axe with stamina drinks seems to do just fine, and doesn't use gas either.

Until next time!

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I think I set it so you have to login at least once every 90 days for your land claim to remain valid. Also that's how long I've paid for the server for, at least for now.

Do 7DtD servers not tend to get reset eventually? Idk what your settings are, I'm just used to games like this having issues with resource availability on multiplayer after a certain stage.
The server reboots daily in case of any memory management issues but so far seems stable.

And I've been on 7DtD servers that have been up for 100+ days, mostly without any issue. I do have access to the map so worse case could re-start it with the same map but I think we'll be fine.

I have no intention of wiping the map or wiping the server until I build some kind of epic castle and everyone gets bored and I'm the only one playing.

Even then I might keep it, this thing costs peanuts to keep on a monthly basis.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I've enabled DynamicMesh. In theory, it should make things like player bases visible when you should be able to see them - instead of popping in suddenly when you get right up to them.

It's also apparently an FPS hit. So let me know if there are issues.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
I've enabled DynamicMesh. In theory, it should make things like player bases visible when you should be able to see them - instead of popping in suddenly when you get right up to them.

It's also apparently an FPS hit. So let me know if there are issues.

Looks much better now. People will be able to bask in the glory of the HOLY ZIGGURAT for miles around! I encourage you to all come see it.

I might have to hit you up with that some time, I need so much forged steel right now for reasons.

I don't have a crucible yet, so I'm only able to make forged iron. Regardless, I keep a small excess stash for you guys here, by Prowlin' Petes (soon to be renamed).

20220128174644-1.jpg

In a small chest.

20220128174656-1.jpg

Here are the coordinates.

20220131230323-1.jpg

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I have no intention of wiping the map or wiping the server until I build some kind of epic castle and everyone gets bored and I'm the only one playing.

Even then I might keep it, this thing costs peanuts to keep on a monthly basis.

Neat haha, I'll be sure to come visit the Codex Regal Palace when I'm finished with moving.

Prowlin' Petes (soon to be renamed).

Is that a default name from the game or do you just have a knack for impressively creepy names? :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom