Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why oblivion will be the best game ever

bryce777

Erudite
First tehre was the arena. You could play as a wizard, a wizard with a sword, a knight, or drizzt. There were spiders and snow wolfs. A snow wolf was vulnerable to a fireball but immune to my cold spells so for some monstars you could use your wizard's sword and others your fireball.

Then came daggerfall. This one was even better because you you put enemies souls in jars and because of clavicus vile. Despite 899 bugs that were never patched, it is the classic of the series!

Then came redhammer. Hmm.

Then battlespire. Hrm.

The Morrowing. This one is my favorite cause it is just like daggerfall but without all the difficulty of trying to make decisions or do stuff. And it has cliffracers! The programmers are obviously morons who cant even make a proper fucking dialog box even, but it's still teh rock!

Finally will come oblivion, the shiniest one of all! Mages will light their dogs on fire, and even the elevators have Real People Personalities (tm). And of course, finally...THERE IS A HOSRIE! I LOVES MY HOSRIE! I hoep in an expansion pack I can fight while riding him. Also I wish he was a unicorn. Theya re my favorite! Hosries like it underground, too! I want hosrie to be able to go in the dungeon with me!! Maybe there will even be cliffraces!

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Very good gameplay indeed.
I was walking in the mountain, walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk , i fight a cliffracer, walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk , i fight a cliffracer,walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and walk , i fight a cliffracer etc.
And now in Oblivion I can see the erosion and the trees growing while I am walking and walking.

roguefrog

Liturgist
that reminds me of one time I played Morrowind and it went like this:

walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, cliffracer, cliffracer, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, cliffracer, cliffracer, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, cliffracer, cliffracer, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, it's an NPC! walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, cliffracer, cliffracer, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, cliffracer, cliffracer, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, cliffracer, cliffracer, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, it's an NPC! walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, cliffracer, cliffracer, walk, walk...ESC/EXIT/YES

Surlent

Liturgist
Judging from the typos, I'd say he was drunk.
And judging from context of his post, I'd say he was totally wasted. :lol:

crpgnut

Augur
Reads first post in thread, notices it's just another bash Morrowind thread, and exits peacefully. What a concept :D

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Surlent said:
Judging from the typos, I'd say he was drunk.
And judging from context of his post, I'd say he was totally wasted. :lol:

If that's true, he must be piss drunk every time he posts here.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't know. The "walk walk walk walk walk cliffracer walk walk walk walk" thing was pretty damned funny, mainly because it's true. The sad part is the walking is better than the cliffracers.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Every post I read of bryce's reminds me of this gem:

bryce777 said:
Dialog trees really do limit what you can do. I mean, seriously, all you do is find people in the right order and talk to them. I think it really does degrade the gameplay a bit, though it does make it much easier obviously.

I need to put it in my sig sometime...

bryce777

Erudite
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Every post I read of bryce's reminds me of this gem:

bryce777 said:
Dialog trees really do limit what you can do. I mean, seriously, all you do is find people in the right order and talk to them. I think it really does degrade the gameplay a bit, though it does make it much easier obviously.

I need to put it in my sig sometime...

Yeah, that's cause you are an idiot. You know at one point you had to THINK to make it through an RPG, and you could ave some great dialogs without having them spoon fed to you.

Naked Lunch: As I recall your firsts posts on this board were about me being a cocksucker.

Sirus

Liturgist
Look out, LlamaGod will PUNCH YOUR MOM THROUGH THE INTERNETS

Tintin

Arbiter
You know what I find funny? The fact that Morrowindgot a higher average score AND user score than both Gothic 2 and Fable. (Morrowind being the earliest made game out of them all). Similar statistics can be found at gamerankings.

So this is your view. The entire gaming populace is retarded - except for RPG Codex.

Stark

Liturgist
Tintin said:
So this is your view. The entire gaming populace is retarded - except for RPG Codex.

dunno about the entire gaming populace, but you are definately one of the retarded ones.

quite a number of codexers here dislike Fable and Gothic. So, what's your point?

Tintin

Arbiter
Stark said:
Tintin said:

dunno about the entire gaming populace, but you are definately one of the retarded ones.

quite a number of codexers here dislike Fable and Gothic. So, what's your point?

Right...maybe you shouldn't take things directly next time. It's there to illustrate that a somehow really shitty, worst rpg of the year whatever, somehow beat two of the most popular and also acclaimed rpgs in scores. Of course Morrowind also got Game of the Year, another award given to shitty games, right? I could add some more if you want. Final Fantasy XI, Suikoden IV, Final Fantasy X-2....

corvax

Augur
I liked Morrowind but the again I'm not a "codexer". It had its faults but I enjoyed it more than any other post-2002 rpg (indie excluded). I didn't even mind the "walk, walk, walk" part. Found it much more appealing than BG's "battle, battle, battle, meaningless dialogue, battle, buff up, save, battle, reload, battle" part. But that's just me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom