Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GameSpy wishes for the Fallout fans to die

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Reaching new levels of professionalism, <a href=http://www.gamespy.com>GameSpy</a>'s editor <a href=http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16253>Allen "Delsyn" Rausch</a> has stated the following in his latest podcast:

<blockquote>When it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die.</blockquote>If you feel that it's a little bit inappropriate, do me a favor and <a href=http://archive.gamespy.com/feedback/>fill in this form</a>. Some lines shouldn't be crossed.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Vault Dweller said:
Since I've always opened the door there

Whoops, look like I made a mistake transcribing. That should read "already"

Texas Red

Whiner
What are the chances of Pete asking these "profeshunul" journalists to make such announcements? Bethesda cant answer the real fans directly and influence their masses of idiots, therefore Bethesda attacks us in a shrewd manner and thus proclaiming to their fanboytards that we should not be listened to since our views are moronic and ignorant.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Bradylama said:
Nothing makes a man like wishing nerds on the internet catch horrible diseases.

Noticed your rank on somethingawful, Brady, they really love you over there.

Though I have to say, I thought a lot about SA, but applauding a man because he intently hates an entire community and wishes them dead for disagreeing with them doesn't do wonders to my opinion of them.

obediah

Erudite
oh noes, wishes of ill will over the intertube? I will not stand for this.

Bradylama

Arcane
Brother None said:
Noticed your rank on somethingawful, Brady, they really love you over there.

Though I have to say, I thought a lot about SA, but applauding a man because he intently hates an entire community and wishes them dead for disagreeing with them doesn't do wonders to my opinion of them.

I frankly don't see how it's any different from all the chuckleheads wishing that Todd would get shanked. Even then it's one thing for some jerk on the internet to be making those comments, but as an adult representative of what's supposed to be a journalistic media?

This is beyond internet tough guy, this is fucking retarded.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Bradylama said:
I frankly don't see how it's any different from all the chuckleheads wishing that Todd would get shanked.

It isn't, that's why NMA's rules say
"Respect others as long as they respect you. If they disrespect you, simply ignore them. That means no flaming. That also means no death threats to any developers or media outlets, no matter how much you hate them. Don't be an idiot."

Rausch can go low, but there's no reason for us to go as low as he does.

PS: wait, were you making excuses for the fact that the SA crowd is completely ignoring the fact that Raush hates us with a passion and wants us all to die and instead applaud his comments? Are you...defending SA?

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
This "journalist" really is a cocksucker, he only started arse licking fallout when he heard bethsoft were getting the license. :wink:

Correct me if i'm wrong. :lol:

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Interesting podcast, "When it comes to Fallout fans, ignorance, stupidity and arrogance is bad combination, because this is a community that has all of those. Since I've already opened the door there, they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die."

I rarely come to Gamespy as I find your content well... lacking in quality. I've found that more and more this site has taken certain un-journalistic stances. Then again, I guess this wouldn't really be considered videogame journalism by any standard in the industry.

I guess this is the last bit of "middle-aged guys getting their feelings hurt on the internet and lashing out" I can take from this site.

Thanks for giving me one less website to visit.

I was so close to sounding smart. I wonder if they bought it.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Um...link to the full blog? I don't like Gamespy, but I can't be bothered to trash someone for an excerpt.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Deacdo said:
Um...link to the full blog? I don't like Gamespy, but I can't be bothered to trash someone for an excerpt.

Full soundfile here. It's 93 megs and 1 hour 40 minutes in length, his remarks at about 90:30.

Or you can download only the 3 minutes on this topic from here.

psycojester

Arbiter
I was just reading the SA thread about it and saw Brady's title

:MY SUPERMUTANT GENES ENSURE AN ULTRA THICK, LOGIC-PROOF SKULL AND LONG LASTING IMPOTENT TEMPER TANTRUMS. IGNORE ME."

Yeah its clearly NMA that is a bastion of immature nerdrage.

So it appears as though I've stumbled upon quite the choice comment by your associate editor, Allen "Delsyn" Rausch, in some sort of podcast feature. Apparently he has an over the top hatred of the Fallout fanbase, a group of fans of an older RPG for the PC. As I quote he feels "they're loathsome human beings, who I hope really get a horrible disease and die.". Charming.

Now, I happen to know a bit about editorial journalism and I understand that one can voice their opinion as they wish...within reason that is. Your associate editor seems to have crossed far over the line. Sure, some satire over people who complain a lot is okay, but wishing death upon someone? Maybe I'm a little behind on humor, but I really don't see any humor in that, just unprofessional malice, most unsuited for any journalist or journalistic outlet that wants to be considered professional or respectable.

Now if I were in your situation, I would set damage control on this situation immediately. This little remark could damage the site's reputation and you might want to either distance yourself as much as you can from this fellow, or have him make some sort of public retraction or apology. That's the cultured and enlightened way to solve things, not the boorish manner of wishing plague upon people.

Internet...serious business.

Although this is pretty low. I wouldn't mind if this guy got a pink slip....if only to hold the standards a little higher.

EDIT: About SomethingAwful. It kind of sucks that they are so...ignorant like that. I like some of their humor and I like their charity efforts....but still.....ignorance is ignorance.

Alhazred

Novice
Thanks Brother None, I wanted to hear it before sending feedback, not because I doubted the posts in NMA or here, while I did couldn't believe someone would say something like that, I just wanted to hear it.

It was so... childish, everything from the language and tone to the people laughing in the back. I can't picture a man saying something like "[...] I hope really get a horrible disease and die."

I mean, the quintessential example of what these people are is when Bethesda got the license and nobody knew anything beyond the fact that hey, Bethesda got the license. A normal person would go "hey, look, an obscure license that really only had critical praise and didn't do all that well in terms of sales has been rescued from the dead by people who love it." And what was their reaction? "Oh, it's going to suck when Bethesda has it. You know what? You know nothing, shut up.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
They kinda of clump all Fallout Fans in one bunch which could mean everyone is a faggot instead of just saying NMA is faggot while the Codex and DAC are coolio. Seriously, how can he not state where the fallout fans that he hates are at instead of just going "I HATE BLACK PEOPLE" while he could do "I HATE BLACK PEOPLE ON 42nd street." I didn't read his blog because I don't really care about an editors opinion who doesn't know how to properly cite his sources.

So many racist faces- 2pac

Zomg

Arbiter
Who cares?

Also: "Something Awful" doesn't care, some guys that wear hadouken T-shirts in one thread in one subforum are toeing the marketing line they've been sold. Again, who cares?

I hate niggers, weaklings they are. Try asking a nigger to do something EXTREME to save his family (some kind of extreme physical pain). Do you think he'll do it?

Oh, who cares what other game sites think, fuck 'em all. Tubgirl them or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom