Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So you guys know all about Wizardry series

Years ago when I wanted to take a specific group from Wiz 6 and import to Wiz 7 the whole process meant going all the way through Wiz 6, changing classes carefully until my final end game party was ready to finish and transition over to Guardia compliments of Aletheides. Sure I could start Wiz 7 with a fresh party and go that route but DWB beckoned us towards 7 with glittering baubles and trinkets that would have drawn in even Queequeg with their shiny aspect.

Long story short I had fired up W6 to once again stab at the heart of darkness. Was using a character editor to skip through levels (have played through W6 at least 3 full runs) and FUBAR'd my party by accident. After a few hours of stunned silence I eventually found that some smart person had finished a W6 character editor that dreams are made of. It can edit everything and then some.

Want a Dwarf Lord wielding the Avenger and equipped with the armor you would have bought from Mai-Lai to go in to W7? No problem, heres a Cameo Locket for your troubles.

The little program is called BaneEdit and you can find it over here: http://www.tk421.net/wizardry/files.shtml at bottom of the page under character editors heading.

The problem with some older editors is they no longer work w/o 32 bit PCs or you have to fiddle around with dosBox etc.
BaneEdit fired up in Win7 64 bit no problemo.

I usually read through this gamefaq entry by ssjlee9 first to better familiarize myself with the ways of Wizardry:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/ssjlee9

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom