Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Which mythic path do you prefer and why? (Caution: Spoiler)

Which way, pathfinder man?

• Total voters

Ryzer

Arcane
Still no poll about it so I'm starting it, mine is Demon/Lich because I like playing evil characters in RPGs.
What about you?

Skorpion

Educated
Angel was very fun and felt very much the expected path for the story.
Doing Azata now and having actually more fun with it, guess I like rping a chaotic good character more but the surprising part is how well it fits into the game yet is different from Angel.
Cant speak to the other paths because this game takes so long to finish whenever I have the actual time to play.
I want to try Lich next but also seriously considering Demon or Devil, not sure on final decision for that yet.

Delterius

Arcane
Trickster could have used some more content, but was surprisingly satisfying from a plotline perspective. You promise a certain cut companion that you are gonna humiliate everyone in this story and that's exactly what you do.

None

Scholar
I only played through once and picked Lich. I was somewhat disappointed. The companions you get weren't very fleshed out. And because you get them several levels in, you are more restricted in rerolling than other companions.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In Kingmaker, I play mostly as chaotic good, but in this game, "good" is merely equality cultism(which caused most evil irl) and despite liking a lot Aivu, I din't liked most of the dialog for Azata, also din't liked Azata spells. However, Lich mythic path is amazing. So much reactivity, you can even reanimate a fallen demon lord to extract information from him, cast tier 10 spells, reanimate fallen enemies as soldiers in the Cruzade. I just din't did the lich transformation cuz din't wanted to lose my body and have the attribute penalty.

I started to play as a Dark Elementalist -> Water/Cold -> Demon but had some IRL stuff to solve and stopped my run, but my third run will gonna be demon dark elementalist.

Deadyawn

Learned
Most of them fall flat narrative-wise, specially during the fifth act.

I'm picking legend. You can do some goofy shit with 20 extra levels.

Humbaba

Arcane
Legend, with Swarm being second. Swarm has a lot of missed potential but being absolutely fucking OP for last 2 hours of the game is a pretty cool experience no other crpg really gives you.

Rosey

Novice
Legend is best. The unannounced CL cap pissed me off but even with that I could delete screens with metamagic. The ending was so dry I never beat it. Just didnt give a fuck anymore. Game was bad tbh.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
If I managed to tolerate WotR long enough to reach the mythic paths I would've picked the demon one, but apparently the demon acts as some sort of cuck for a female demon? I'll give all of them a pass, then.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i really like azata because it's a very fitting path to romance my arue
__arueshalae_pathfinder_drawn_by_maiucal__sample-dfc2023d156c6290f302dcc501fa2d71.jpg

moe arue isn't real, she can't love me :(

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Demon is the most fitting IMHO.

Swarm gives unique collective mentality that reminds me of Solaris, which I like very much.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Legend for me.

Storywise I liked the idea of rejecting the corrupted power and, due to sheer determination, becoming a badass. Loved it when my Paladin prayed to Iomedae for aid, only to have her whisper in my character's ear that I already posses all the strength I need. My character then broke his own chains and made Areelu shit herself.

Gameplay wise (20 pal/20 fighter) it felt awesome clearing the entire last map with just one character. Ancient gigantic demon general? Smashed him and his cronies into the ground in 1 turn.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Voted Demon, but it'd be that or Legend for me.

Azata, I made it to the first post-Drezen meeting with ye ole band of hippies and knew it wasn't for me. Trickster was not entertaining at all. If I ever play again, I'd go swarm or lich just to have a good story-based motive for killing off the companions.

Skorpion

Educated
If I ever play again, I'd go swarm or lich just to have a good story-based motive for killing off the companions.
I havent done it myself but some say playing Aeon after you understand the story and the twists and turns is quite interesting as the apparently get a lot of inside info.
Not sure, havent gotten there yet myself but maybe worth a whirl.
Swarm from what I understand is just everyone leaves you at a certain point and thats it, not much reactivity past that but I dont know?

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Voted Demon, but it'd be that or Legend for me.

Azata, I made it to the first post-Drezen meeting with ye ole band of hippies and knew it wasn't for me. Trickster was not entertaining at all. If I ever play again, I'd go swarm or lich just to have a good story-based motive for killing off the companions.
Motivated cruelty? Hehe

Sarathiour

Cipher
Golden dragon might as well not exist.

I did Azata, but I'm probably too jaded for describing aivu as anthing else than annoying.

I guess demon was alright, but suffer from how difficult it is to change your alignement overall.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Swarm from what I understand is just everyone leaves you at a certain point and thats it, not much reactivity past that but I dont know?
You might have some unique reactivity with other wannabe or not Swarms.

Again, as I had said: the hive mind is written pretty well, IMHO. For... all the participants.

Joyvankek

Learned
Lich, why wouldn't you want to have legions of undead that you will command out of your Ziggurat?
Saving the world by yourself while also declaring independence and telling the rest to fuck off.
Resurrecting the queen and parading her around just to reinforce that point.
Though that genocide of my own city, I had no option of avoiding is pretty retarded. In my first play through, I played the whole game as the archetype of being "win at whatever the cost, while rubbing it in the face of every good character. That it's a fucking Lord of Death that is saving their asses, not some angel or you standard hero.
Not having the option to not genocide my own city, and using... you know... all the undead legions I already had to repel the siege force pretty much fucked up the thing I was going for.

I would also like the Golden Dragon more if not for the fact that you get the option basically at the end and you hardly have the chance to RP as one.
Same thing goes for the Devil path.
But at least those give you some options if you want to roleplay corruption or redemption type of character.

i really like azata because it's a very fitting path to romance my arue
View attachment 35160

moe arue isn't real, she can't love me :(
Good god, this is "save the thot" meme, but on another level.
We talking about succubus here. Influential and possibly ancient one.
She was probably fucked by things that most people can't even comprehend. She did that for void knows how long.
Having option to redeem a demon is good RP thing I do agree, but why would you want to have romance with someone like that?
romance my arue

You know, as a succubi, she had millions if not billions of demons, humans, devils, tentacle monsters and who knows what inside her but for you, she demands commitment and eternal love before opening her legs.
Also this.
She don't want to give you something she have to so many people, demons and god know whatever else, in numbers that could probably populate a continent, yet when you want some, she demands commitment.
Romancing her makes you into a mythic beta cuck.

Last edited:

Aarwolf

Learned
Trickster, because of all the mayhem that one can create. And who doesn't like enemies commiting suicide at your sight?

I'm kind of impressed by how even the voting spread is. Nearly all paths receive mostly equal votes, with the exceptions of Devil and Golden Dragon being universally passed over or rejected. I think that's good evidence that they are decently designed paths, with something for everyone. Very surprising.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom