Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where's BROFIST DATA?

Would you like to have the list back?

• *brofists*

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No, I only get retadred ratings anyway

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Brofist this! *unzips Kingcomrade*

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Brofists became reactions. At which point looking into the "likes" and expecting to find a single number no longer works.

But it's ok. Modders will fix it.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Twiglard probably broke it when he was sticking the forum together with twigs and twine. That's what happens when you scrimp on labour costs

EDIT: DU's denial only makes it more true

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
If you wanna know someone's brofist number then click on their reactions count and then click on 'Codex button DLC' tab.

Modron

Arcane
He isn't after total brofists received you used to be able to look at most brofisted posts on site and an individual's most brofisted posts. Useful to discover random gems. (Most brofisted members was rendered meaningless anyways, the whole blaine's brofist redistribution farce gave like 20 members millions of them)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
He isn't after total brofists received you used to be able to look at most brofisted posts on site and an individual's most brofisted posts. Useful to discover random gems. (Most brofisted members was rendered meaningless anyways, the whole blaine's brofist redistribution farce gave like 20 members millions of them)
This was the first suggestion in the Niggling problems remaining in new Codex thread started in July. At first, we had lost even the distribution of posts by forum/subforum; although this was restored in September, it seems the most brofisted posts list was some sort of custom functionality that can only be recreated with difficulty. :M

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I ONLYTRU TO BROFISTS OR GOLDFIST POSTS CAOSE THE OTHER RATINGS ARE WEIRD

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Was that a most brofisted user list? When rewriting it, there's probably some more useful data to include such as ranking users by brofist count to post ratio, or creating separate tables for other rating types like 'most racist user
rating_prestigious.png
rating_racist.png
'.

But adding many different lists is more complex than simply exporting all the data and letting you generate your own tables.

If I generated tuples of
Code:
Ratee,Rater,Rating,Subforum_id,Count
where any of said columns can be skipped to group the lines differently, it should be enough, and wouldn't require special handling for hidden forums.

So you can ask for:
  • subforums ordered by brofist count for user A
  • subforums ordered by how many brofists were given to user A by user B
  • who gave user A how many brofists
  • who received the most brofists from user B
This seems overengineered, but that kind of interface can easily be made as a web form that's comprehensible even to non-technical users, and isn't too hard to write.

But you have your own ideas so let's hear it.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Alright, the above was a dumb idea.

For the record, here's the data from that old brofists page used to provide.
  • Brofists (total)
  • Old phpbb3 brofist count provided separately
The last one isn't possible to implement anymore but the rest looks easy enough.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Where should I be looking for this display?
It used to be available in the old script. Right now only user stats are enabled.
If https://rpgcodex.net/brofists.php is the correct place, it says "Not Logged In - You must be logged in to use this feature."
Now the data is cached once a day so I removed this condition.

Note to self: check if crontab works. crontab works, they get updated at midnight.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Right below Avellone senpai in Brofist ratio :obviously:

a.png

Where should I be looking for this display?
It used to be available in the old script. Right now only user stats are enabled.
If https://rpgcodex.net/brofists.php is the correct place, it says "Not Logged In - You must be logged in to use this feature."
Now the data is cached once a day so I removed this condition.

Note to self: check if crontab works. crontab works, they get updated at midnight.
Thanks for the new stuff, but this is not the functionality I was asking in the OP. I meant most brofisted posts, not people - which is what that page displayed in the past.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
this is not the functionality I was asking in the OP. I meant most brofisted posts, not people - which is what that page displayed in the past.
I'm going to add it as the next thing.

Then there are unmerged forum templates and that's the end of my backlog.

Modron

Arcane
How is this possible?
It's not really possible anymore, I imagine the majority of his posts were during the olden days when brofists were the only rating. Technically you could probably still do this if all your posts were well done Image LPs, cool mod/translation releases, and giveaways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom