Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader releasing on December 7th

I will play its final iteration, but I'm not looking forward to the battleship mini-game. It appears a strategy mini-game is Owlcat's desired signature/distinction indefinitely. I thought Kingdom Management was OK on Kingmaker, but I did not enjoy the crusade portion of WotR at all. I'd rather be engaged in combat in the fully fleshed Pathfinder ruleset then playing a gimped HOMM equivalent.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
August 25, 2023:
EDIT: Infi, why not? Are you know something? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM US?!
Because no game of this caliber launches in December. And why work hard just to have your game ignored by the people who are still playing BG3, Starfield and the many other releases of October?

There's just no room left this year. I'd be very surprised if Rogue Trader isn't a 2024 title.

Normally, I would agree with you, but biggest current year hits have dropped or will drop between July and September. December is good time for medium game as Rogue Trader.

Or January, as Dishonoredbr suggest.

Proof for disbelivers.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The beta is missing classes, perks, quests and they announced the release date after Unity's license fee retardation.

Also it looks like they already planned to switch to EU5 anyway.
Senior Game Designer (UE5) - February 02, 2023

Unity retardation starts applying from 1st of January 2024 therefore they have to release the game before the new license is enforced.

Which makes me think that the 6th of December release date was cause by their decision to polish and release whatever they have right now.

I think they will pull a BG3: one polished 1st act followed by an unfinished mess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"They released the game early because of the Unity fee" is a conspiracy theory until proven otherwise. Did they even know about it when they made the decision?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
"They released the game early because of the Unity fee" is a conspiracy theory until proven otherwise. Did they even know about it when they made the decision?
Yeah, the trailer came out a bit too fast I think.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Not really. They avoided announcing a release date for a long time.

Eyler - developer 24 Aug - in topic When can we expect release date?
Hello! We'll share the news once we have them!

Eyler - developer 8 Sept - in topic When can we expect release date?
We never talked about September, but no worries, we'll take our time to make it as good as we can but at the same time we'll try to do everything possible to release it as quickly as possible!

Unity goes full retarded on 12th of Sept

Owlcat announces the release date on 13th of Sept

Starrok - developer 14th of Sept - in topic So...Unity
We are analyzing the situation at the moment. Early to say anything for now. Either way, it will not affect RT's release.[edited post]

Of course they will not admit rushing the game but their timing is a little bit suspect :-D

Anyway, the discussion is moot cause only an Owlcat dev could prove it and that will not happen.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The beta is missing classes, perks, quests and they announced the release date after Unity's license fee retardation.

Unity retardation starts applying from 1st of January 2024 therefore they have to release the game before the new license is enforced.

Which makes me think that the 6th of December release date was cause by their decision to polish and release whatever they have right now.

I think they will pull a BG3: one polished 1st act followed by an unfinished mess.
They're using Unreal for their Mass Effect clone.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
People should spend the same amount of money on one unpainted 40K miniature instead of buying this game.
Tried to steal (I know I know very young and dumb) a Maugan Ra model as a kid, got caught and the shop-owner was actually sympathetic with me because of the outrageous prices LOL. He told me off and that was that, kept coming there for years to come, good guy.

frajaq

Erudite

They're using Unreal for their Mass Effect clone.

what do you mean Mass Effect clone? did I miss some leak/small detail in some interview?

Hellion

Arcane
From what I understand, Unity's new fee policy is supposed to come into effect retroactively. So setting Rogue Trader's release date for late 2023 would not really help Owlcat avoid fees, Unity can still come in early 2024 and request teh moneyz for it. Unless the whole thing fails in court by then.

Trithne

Erudite
Every install after the 200,000th but before 2024 is an install they won't have to pay for - Unity will only charge for installs made from 2024 onwards over the 200k threshold.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Fucking hell man, from no games in 5 years we went to every RPG under the sun releasing in Q3-Q4 23'. Any minute I expect Colony Ship announcement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom