Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
RTWP fags... Disgusting

Oh well I killed RTWP with the success of BG3

Most of 80s and 90s D&D CRPG's where Turn Based. I think that outside of IE, only Ravenloft Strahd possession + Stone prophet and Menzoberranzan where RT. Most of non D&D CRPG's where also TB. RtWP got only popularized in Infinity Engine.

BTW, Dark Heresy tabletop game is TB.

IMO if someone is a old school CRPG fan and hate TB, he is not enjoying a LOT of amazing games.

Rogue trader has so many mechanics that is imo impossilble to "translate" into rtwp.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
jvyqdIq.png

the fuck is this average enemy info in this chapter nonsense
hope you can remove it

std::namespace

ive seen a streamer playing this on unfair - it looked massively easier than cuckmaker

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
The review says, "In the Pathfinder games, which had D&D's alignment system, Owlcat tended to interpret Lawful alignments in a "we should kill goblin babies because they'll probably grow up evil" kind of way, which made playing a paladin a jarring experience."

Isn't that quite literally the way it's meant to be interpreted?
That's textbook example of a Lawful Evil character.
Nah, the lawful evil character would sell them into slavery.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The review says, "In the Pathfinder games, which had D&D's alignment system, Owlcat tended to interpret Lawful alignments in a "we should kill goblin babies because they'll probably grow up evil" kind of way, which made playing a paladin a jarring experience."

Isn't that quite literally the way it's meant to be interpreted?
That's textbook example of a Lawful Evil character.
Nah, the lawful evil character would sell them into slavery.
Nah, that would be Neutral Evil unless it was that character personal code to enslave as many people as he can.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
jvyqdIq.png

hope you can remove it

Rather than this they really just need to put the damn formula somewhere in the game

It is kinda unintuitive that you say "Armour 25%" but akhsually it just reduces damage by average of -20% this chapter!"

Vasya

Novice
jvyqdIq.png

hope you can remove it

Rather than this they really just need to put the damn formula somewhere in the game

It is kinda unintuitive that you say "Armour 25%" but akhsually it just reduces damage by average of -20% this chapter!"
Formula is in the logs. It's just armor - armor pen. Meaning average chapter 1 enemy has weapon with 5% armor penetration.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
metacritic(...)spreadsheet simulator

I thrust more a review score by that Pigeon than ALL game journos combined. Seriously, if you wanna review any product, the BARE MINIMUM that a reviewer needs is understand the target audience of the product. Game journos can't understand that the target audience of some companies is not the 13 yo tiktoker in San Francisco. The target audience of Owlcat are the "grognards". Could you imagine a food critic giving negative score for a Japanese restaurant because he expected Mc Donalds? Or a movie critic giving negative review to a "cult" movie because he was expecting transformers?

Is not RPG codex who don't take game journos seriously. IDK anyone who takes them seriously.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Fuck it, I'm thinking I'll give it a go this evening. I haven't touched anything 40k related for 30 years, but from my distant memories of TT at school it could translate really well to this kind of game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've watched a bit of streams playing this yesterday. I noticed in combat limbs fall off and death animations are gory and cool. Reminds me of Fallout1/2 a bit and I like it.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Normally I'd say that this will be worth playing in a year or two, but looking at Wrath's trajectory I have some very serious doubts and what they did with "EE" on that one really killed my enthusiasm for them as a dev.

Same with dlc. Varnhold's lot, at least, was a good to great mini campaign. All the Wrath dlc are extremely meh to say the least.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The positive stuff about this is it graphic improved over Kingmaker. The negative is writing is bit average, and story might be average yet again.
Bug observed on streamers... camera doing weird stuff.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Normally I'd say that this will be worth playing in a year or two, but looking at Wrath's trajectory I have some very serious doubts and what they did with "EE" on that one really killed my enthusiasm for them as a dev.

Same with dlc. Varnhold's lot, at least, was a good to great mini campaign. All the Wrath dlc are extremely meh to say the least.
Wrath was playable fast after release. Did they fix all the smaller bugs? No but there were plenty of classes that were fun and you could finish the game with them.

I do not expect a bug free experience as this is Owlcat we are talking about but I am willing to suffer a bit for the cRPG goodness they give us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom