Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wait...Paradox Interactive AND Zombies!?..That's crazy talk!

Fort Zombie Announced

PRESS RELEASE posted on 4 SEP 2009 by Jim Zabek

Paradox Interactive has announced it will be getting into the zombie business later this fall.

The undead will walk the Earth this Fall, as Paradox Interactive today kicked off PAX 2009 with the unveiling of Fort Zombie. Tackle hordes of zombies in this lite Action/RPG title that will be available through all major digital distribution channels.

In Fort Zombie, players will find themselves trapped in the small town of Piety, Indiana. Faced with no other choice but to find shelter from an impending wave of zombies migrating from a nearby metropolis, players will be challenged to choose a building to be their Fort throughout the entire campaign. By effectively focusing efforts on building up this structure, in between scouring town for supplies, and searching out and training survivors, players will have a shot at surviving the massive zombie onslaught.
For the few remaining citizens of Piety, each new day brings more fear. Only the most prepared citizens of Piety will stand a chance against the zombie infestation. Choose from a variety of daily tasks and efficiently build up your characters stats and skills as you battle blood-thirsty invaders and attempt to avoid total infestation. But the most important thing of all is that you build up your Fort if anyone is to have any hope of surviving your last, big stand-off against the coming undead swarm.

This Fall, stay alive and be prepared for the fight of your lives in Fort Zombie!

Screenshots look a bit...lacking.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/04/fort-zombie-erected-on-pc-this-fall

Somebody wake up Annie. :twisted:

Multi-headed Cow

I'm interested after loving Sword of the Stars. Also interested in some doublerape. Good thread.

Zeus

Cipher
Edit: I think publishers just automatically accept any pitch for a zombie game.

"HEY BOSS! I GOTS AN IDEA FOR A GAME!"

"Get the hell out of my office, Harvey. I told you to clean the damn toilet."

"BUT ITS ABOUT ZOMMMBIEEES!"

"...I'm listening."

Multi-headed Cow

I would agree with those two posts, but they've built enough good will with me from Sword of the Stars that I'm happy to see what they do with zombies.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Trithne

Erudite
As much as Paradox bought lighthouse, this is a Kerberos thing, not a PI one. Unless they went and completely ate KP while I wasn't looking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom