Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Nines

Learned
Anybody have experience getting the shield generators for Gorsky as a stealth-challenged character?
You need a fairly high Stealth skill. I'd say it was challenging, but not impossible. Using storage rooms is the key. Also, I think it's impossible to loot some of the rooms (with guards) this way, but they have only generic loot, nothing important.

mvBarracuda

Augur
I'm afraid my problem is a little bit more complicated that that. I completed a quest in a way that NPC didn't find satisfactory. Would be easier to change some kind of variable which represent the current status of the completed quest, but I can't seems to find anything. I could reset the quest entirely, but I have a feeling I will break something.
You can play around with resetting the quest vars that contain "npc_jackQuicksilver".

Could you post your global.dat? I can take a look and see if I can do some hex magic.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anybody have experience getting the shield generators for Gorsky as a stealth-challenged character?

Even if I try to walk into one of the gated storage rooms for a brief look every patrolling fuck in the building suddenly jumps my ass.

I'd like to side with the Protectorate later on, if I shoot them all can I still do this?

I never use stealth. Shot them all the first time and AoE Enrage zone-transition AoE Enrage cheese second time.

You can still join Protectorate. They can't communicate between outposts to outposts.

Great, thanks for the confirmation. Slaughtered the bastards. Actually a lot easier than I anticipated; cover hugging and using my one shot kill device makes things rather trivial, I guess.

Old One

Arcane
The letter-sending grand-mère should appear as an NPC in future versions.

Status Update: I let the Zone Boys live because they were such hilarious posers.

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
Couple of questions regarding the end-game:

I'm at the point where I can report back to Eidein that the Faceless are invading. So far I'm on neutral terms with the Faceless. If I talk to Eidein, a fight erupts at the elevator, with the Faceless being obviously hostile to me. From what I've seen there's a Faceless camp in DC. Will they still be neutral towards me despite the elevator fight? If not, how can I prevent that?

And also, is it possible to return from the DC after taking the elevator, or should I resolve any unfinished business before?

MediantSamuel: My char sucks at stealth, but I was able to do it stealthily by donning every gear with +stealth I could find in my stockpile and crafting a cloaking device which I equipped. The cloaking device is probably more important there. Anyway, it involved lots of savescumming and batteries, but with the right timing it's possible to stay hidden even with low stealth.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Couple of questions regarding the end-game
Fight proceeds same no matter what you do, you just need to jump on elevator (although I haven't tried attacking Eidein through dialogue)
You will be able to interact with Faceless at DC no matter what you do in fight
You should finish your other business first

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I'm at the point where I can report back to Eidein that the Faceless are invading. So far I'm on neutral terms with the Faceless. If I talk to Eidein, a fight erupts at the elevator, with the Faceless being obviously hostile to me. From what I've seen there's a Faceless camp in DC. Will they still be neutral towards me despite the elevator fight? If not, how can I prevent that?

And also, is it possible to return from the DC after taking the elevator, or should I resolve any unfinished business before?

MediantSamuel: My char sucks at stealth, but I was able to do it stealthily by donning every gear with +stealth I could find in my stockpile and crafting a cloaking device which I equipped. The cloaking device is probably more important there. Anyway, it involved lots of savescumming and batteries, but with the right timing it's possible to stay hidden even with low stealth.

The way I dealt with the elevator party on my first character was to hide in one of the corners near the elevator in stealth, sort of south-east-ish, and constantly hit "end turn" while alt-tabbing continually. You could maybe try this if you still have +stealth gear. After say half a dozen turns the elevator shows up and you should be able to just run inside and hit the switch.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure as long as you don't actually attack the Faceless you should be fine for them to remain neutral in DC (needs corroborating though.)

I think once you finish DC you can return to the land above, but as I haven't finished it I can't say if this is true or not.

Yeah, I probably could have done the warehouse in the pacifist-inclined way but I kind of wanted to exercise my frustrations in the end. :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Couple of questions regarding the end-game
Fight proceeds same no matter what you do, you just need to jump on elevator (although I haven't tried attacking Eidein through dialogue)
You will be able to interact with Faceless at DC no matter what you do in fight
You should finish your other business first
I tried to attack him through dialogue, I died in round 1 :D

Gord

Arcane
And here I had just ordered another batch of Super Steel. Guess that means I'll have to do other things first.

One more question: Is it possible at all to complete the fishing quest pre-DC? I had Dex 10-12 but despite having tried for quite some time now in various locations (including the CC sewers) I can't catch some of the required fish.

ArchAngel

Arcane
And here I had just ordered another batch of Super Steel. Guess that means I'll have to do other things first.

One more question: Is it possible at all to complete the fishing quest pre-DC? I had Dex 10-12 but despite having tried for quite some time now in various locations (including the CC sewers) I can't catch some of the required fish.
I tried some fishing with Dex 10 but I cannot make myself wait for fish to start biting, it is just too boring. It would make fishing people life so much nicer if first fish would start biting within 5 seconds instead of some random amount.

blamzooie

Educated
Decided to brush up on my writing skill by writing an Underrail review. One question, though:

Would anybody on the Codex actually read a review from a 2016 newfag?
Sure, why not? The quality of your review has nothing to do with how much of your life you've wasted away shitposting on the Codex.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I simply swore alliegance to Eidein and the Chortists, and then hid cowardly in the corner the second Faceless burst in. :cool: Took the elevator the second it showed up.

Decided to brush up on my writing skill by writing an Underrail review. One question, though:

Go for it! Infinitron , Crooked Bee , who decides on which reviews go up?

ArchAngel

Arcane

I simply swore alliegance to Eidein and the Chortists, and then hid cowardly in the corner the second Faceless burst in. :cool: Took the elevator the second it showed up.

Go for it! Infinitron , Crooked Bee , who decides on which reviews go up?
I hid in the elevator until Faceless killed all the tchortists then I went down :)

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Does anybody know of any quests in the game notorious for backtracking I could use for my review?

I'm thinking Rail Crossing's missing train quest but there may be worse offenders.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Does anybody know of any quests in the game notorious for backtracking I could use for my review?

I'm thinking Rail Crossing's missing train quest but there may be worse offenders.

I think missing train takes the cake. Rail Crossing in itself is shitty in that regard.

Any travel within Core City comes to mind as well.

Quicksilver quests are also (mostly) designed to jerk you around at least 2 hubs.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2

The Foundry\Beast quest took the cake for me. Kill thingie.. go to SGS.. come back.. Kill another thingie.. go to SGS.. etc.
That's when I started using CE's speedhack to butter things up.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape

Does not affect your standing for DC faceless base.

Gord

Arcane
Still looking for one fishing-related answer:

Can the fishing quest be completed pre-DC? I can't seem to fish a Ghostface. Eventually I gave up and googled and the only find from the official forums says it can only be found in DC. But I thought DC is pretty much the end of the game, so what's the use of it then?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Beast quest in Foundry.
Jack's quests.
Entire Deep Caverns.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Still looking for one fishing-related answer:

Can the fishing quest be completed pre-DC? I can't seem to fish a Ghostface. Eventually I gave up and googled and the only find from the official forums says it can only be found in DC. But I thought DC is pretty much the end of the game, so what's the use of it then?

I don't think so. I couldn't even find shrimp outside of DC

Gord

Arcane
I've found 2 so far. They are very rare but you can fish them on Silent Isle, iirc, and at least one other place.

Anyway - the quest should be completable pre-DC, shouldn't it? Other wise, what's the point?

remember the rareness of smart modules?

just restarted a crafting/smg/trap char and colton from junkyard had TWO of them in his inventory

suffice to say i performed numerous blowjobs behind the slums in order to buy both of them

has their availability been tweaked epeli Styg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom