Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
It is decided. Everyone at Rail Crossing must die, once I finish protectorate questline.

Fuck you and your 3- screen transition from fast travel point. You will burn!

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, you can't progress with
Jack's questline, unless you persuaded Foundry guards that the assassin is innocent? It's been some time now, and he didn't offer me any new tasks after this.
You need to solve all three quest in best possible ways. So yeah, you need to persuade them, "Shawshank Redemption" way is not optimal for Jack.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
Last edited:

Nines

Learned
So, you can't progress with
Jack's questline, unless you persuaded Foundry guards that the assassin is innocent? It's been some time now, and he didn't offer me any new tasks after this.
You need to solve all three quest in best possible ways. So yeah, you need to persuade them, "Shawshank Redemption" way is not optimal for Jack.
And how the hell I was suppose to figure out which way is more preferred?
The first task was to find a killer, so I found a killer, and no one asked how, the second task was to expose the shady businessman, so I exposed him, and again, no one asked how I did it, and the third task was to bust the guy out of the prison, so I did it, without killing anyone and without being seen. Everard was the task giver, and he even gave you a permission to kill him, implying that he will be pleased anyway.

Jack could've at least hint that my performance wasn't enough for him (just because one loser cannot visit Foundry anymore). Now after 20 hours I figure out I can't even progress with this quest.
Next time I'll see Jack...

Nines

Learned
It didn't even strike me as the best way of dealing with the situation. More like an option for those, who have enough points in Persuasion.

Fuck this shit, I was playing for more than 200 hours just because of this damn questline, since I already know
DC will be a pain, and I'm done with most of the things except for the Institute.
:0-13:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hey Jack can you help me with one of those missions since they're important and shit, how do you want it handled - do I waste guy or will he be of use to u or...? Also you kinda owe me since I saved your skin with that package and was almost killed at level 1

"hihihi, i wont tell, im so mysterious"

...fucking asshole.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So, Jack doesn't give me any quests in Core City. Just says something about needing to order another drink. I think I read somewhere that's it has something to do with that Abram guy in Junkyard? Like if I lie to him (couldn't remember the correct answers when I met him, anyway) then that's it with this quest line?

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
So, Jack doesn't give me any quests in Core City. Just says something about needing to order another drink. I think I read somewhere that's it has something to do with that Abram guy in Junkyard? Like if I lie to him (couldn't remember the correct answers when I met him, anyway) then that's it with this quest line?

You do not get the quests from Jack unless Abram gave you additional quests in junkyard beyond the first one

FeelTheRads

Arcane

You do not get the quests from Jack unless Abram gave you additional quests in junkyard beyond the first one

Yeah, well when I try to talk to Abram he doesn't say anything. Says something like he refuses to talk or something so I guess I fucked up by giving random answers to his questions.

Nines

Learned
It didn't even strike me as the best way of dealing with the situation.

It sure is better than
killing him or making him a fugitive that can talk if got caught.
It's better if
he would want to get back to Foundry, but there is no indication he will need to. Moreover, there is no hints that getting him out in a legal way will lead to a different result. Like, yeah, we're releasing you because we don't have enough clues, but we don't want see you here buddy.
I honestly don't understand why the game punishes you
for completing a quest, especially if you get him out stealthy, without being seen, recorded by the cameras or anything. Especially considering that two other quests were done perfectly.

Yeah, well when I try to talk to Abram he doesn't say anything. Says something like he refuses to talk or something so I guess I fucked up by giving random answers to his questions.
I think there are only 2 answers that matters. You need to say him that you are allowed to visiting the US embassy, and that there are no dogs in there.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't know if this is the proper way to solve this quest but:
- you need to talk with the guy in prison,
- if you have enough Persuation then he will tell you about a sniper rifle on the roof,
- you go get that rifle,
- then I did the beast quest which "increased" my reputation with the foundry guys,
- I presented the rifle to the police chef (the guys next to the mayor),
- and he said that the prisoner will be freed because they trust me after the beast quest and that the sniper rifle fingerprints were inconclusive,
- I guess this was the proper way to solve this quest without killing anyone.

Anyway Oculus storyline seems to be unfinished because the next quest after completing all Jack's quests is actually the last quest for Oculus (search for Wit Nosek).

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
I tried to test out names for Arena by not dishing out any damage and let other contestants do the work until I have to. I got the name "The Immortal" for tanking all the hits.

I thought only doing damage matters for naming. I guess I was wrong.

It is better than "Super Bomberman" for sure.

mvBarracuda

Augur
I honestly don't understand why the game punishes you
for completing a quest, especially if you get him out stealthy, without being seen, recorded by the cameras or anything. Especially considering that two other quests were done perfectly.

I think there are only 2 answers that matters. You need to say him that you are allowed to visiting the US embassy, and that there are no dogs in there.
In case you screwed up the answer and don't want to load a very old savegame: you can unpack your global.dat file, fix the quest variables, repack it and give the right answers this time.

More details here:
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1700.0

And here:
https://github.com/MichaelBurge/underrail-unpacker/releases

EDIT:
This approach works for all kind of bad outcomes you want to fix.

I couldn't finish the free drones questline at one point (prolly due a bug?) and resetting the relevant quests variables helped there as well.

ST'Ranger

Augur
All this rage is why choices and consequences are no longer present in RPGs.

How useful an agent would Jack Quicksilver be if he couldn't enter Core City or SGS?

And yet you think another agent is going to be fine and dandy as a fugitive? Being a fugitive anywhere in Underrail is the next closest thing to being an outlaw in all of Underrail - someone who is essentially KOS. They would be unable to move around with ease as your character does - as Jack himself does.

The one thing I can maybe forgive is that there's only one line from Jack saying that what he's giving you is essentially a test and that your performance matters. It's a little bit vague, and I can see how one can read it many ways.

Nines

Learned
In case you screwed up the answer and don't want to load a very old savegame: you can unpack your global.dat file, fix the quest variables, repack it and give the right answers this time.
I'm afraid my problem is a little bit more complicated that that. I completed a quest in a way that NPC didn't find satisfactory. Would be easier to change some kind of variable which represent the current status of the completed quest, but I can't seems to find anything. I could reset the quest entirely, but I have a feeling I will break something.

All this rage is why choices and consequences are no longer present in RPGs.

How useful an agent would Jack Quicksilver be if he couldn't enter Core City or SGS?

And yet you think another agent is going to be fine and dandy as a fugitive? Being a fugitive anywhere in Underrail is the next closest thing to being an outlaw in all of Underrail - someone who is essentially KOS. They would be unable to move around with ease as your character does - as Jack himself does.

The one thing I can maybe forgive is that there's only one line from Jack saying that what he's giving you is essentially a test and that your performance matters. It's a little bit vague, and I can see how one can read it many ways.
I have two questions.

1. If everything you said above is true, why Everard didn't explained all of this beforehand? He was acting like Todor is some kind of newbie, like player, an expendable material no one cares about.

2. If busting him out of the prison in "illegal" way is essentially useless for the organization, since he will be on KOS in everyone's list (he mentioned only Foundry though), why this option is even present?

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
I have two questions.

1. If everything you said above is true, why Everard didn't explained all of this beforehand? He was acting like Todor is some kind of newbie, like player, an expendable material no one cares about.

2. If busting him out of the prison in "illegal" way is essentially useless for the organization, since he will be on KOS in everyone's list (he mentioned only Foundry though), why this option is even present?

1.To the organization, I assume all operatives are expendable to a degree to protect the secrecy of the organization.

2. If you can't fail a test or at least score sub-optimally, the test is without point/purpose. That was a test. It is not entirely useless for org, because it will still satisfy 1), but they won't deem you worthy.

My take on it anyways. I thought you can join even if you botch one.

I wouldn't worry too much about the questline. It is nice but not necessary. I needed help the first time to complete it optimally.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anybody have experience getting the shield generators for Gorsky as a stealth-challenged character?

Even if I try to walk into one of the gated storage rooms for a brief look every patrolling fuck in the building suddenly jumps my ass.

I'd like to side with the Protectorate later on, if I shoot them all can I still do this?

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
Anybody have experience getting the shield generators for Gorsky as a stealth-challenged character?

Even if I try to walk into one of the gated storage rooms for a brief look every patrolling fuck in the building suddenly jumps my ass.

I'd like to side with the Protectorate later on, if I shoot them all can I still do this?

I never use stealth. Shot them all the first time and AoE Enrage zone-transition AoE Enrage cheese second time.

You can still join Protectorate. They can't communicate between outposts to outposts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom