Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: Infusion pre-release megathread

Jacov

Educated
Didn't know he was posting stuff on twitter. Anyway, hope Styg and the gang are microdosing on the same sort of mindshrooms that they've used while making the first game. That one was banger.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope that this game becomes more moddable than the first UR. That is imo the unique problem of the game.
What mods do you want for Underrail?

More UR. More psy powers, more guns, more enemies, more locations to explore, more types of jetskis, more ammo types, like Dragon's Breath rounds for shotguns and so on.
Underrail: Infusion should have many of these features, and hopefully some new ones. We'll see. New picture posted on Twitter by one of the Infusion devs.

1694425514784.png

The characters are actually looking pretty decent on the backgrounds which was my biggest worry. I think once we see some actual video footage of the new maps/models in action, much of our worries will be assuaged.

ciox

Liturgist
The pre-rendered background assets are very high-rez so everything looks like it fits together. Like we chatted about this before, everything should be fine so long as they don't make rookie mistakes like animating background and characters at different FPS.

CHEMS

Scholar
I hope that this game becomes more moddable than the first UR. That is imo the unique problem of the game.
What mods do you want for Underrail?
Mods can greatly expand the hours you can get in a game. Fallout New Vegas is a buggy mess, but the modding community gave the game many many hours with new quests, weapons, NPCs, player houses... Now underrail is very well done, never had bugs or crashes, so all the effort that mods would have would be for new content. Even better.

But as far as i know Styg is against modding his game, so i don't think we'll ever get mods.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Wow this looks great.

I wonder how high con/int/will and low str/dex/agi cave wizard with a bigass backpack will look.

That will take Al Fabet look to a new heights.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
looking at those features, this game isnt coming out anytime soon isnt it...

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Considering how congruent Underrail is I am not worried about all the graphical changes fitting together. I just hate them because they will make the development take oh so much more time.

Shaki

Arbiter
Considering how congruent Underrail is I am not worried about all the graphical changes fitting together. I just hate them because they will make the development take oh so much more time.
Yeah, I doubt anyone from the niche of players enjoying undderrail, actually gives a fuck about this shit, idk why they're wasting time on it. We could probably get the game at least ~2 years earlier without all this fancy graphics crap :negative:

Jacov

Educated
I doubt that new features Styg had shown so far will take that much time. The new renderer is basically done already judging by the screenshots.

Also, they are not just about graphics. Styg mentioned that gameplay will be affected by elevation (thanks to the new renderer). And seeing what nades/drugs your enemy is rocking in their vest will help to make tactical decisions. It's a win in my book.

Vrab

Learned
Having high expectations feels weird...

Underrail was a masterpiece. The pole is set very very high.

MerchantKing

Learned
I hope the inventory is determined by your backpack and pockets. I hope he gives you the ability to use a merchant cart for looting a lot.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Give me pockets, give me 8 pockets on cargo pants, 5 pockets on backpacks, 4 pockets in backpacks, 4 pockets in each of those pockets, 1 pocket on the helmet, 6 pockets on the jacket, 5 pockets on my dog's armor, 3 pockets attached to my belt, 1 pocket in my underwear

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Any chance we're getting nested pockets in the game, alongside a detailed encumbrance system?

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Sir please advise

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom