Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Troika Closes Its Doors

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Whatever. You better read the gaming magazines.

bryce777

Erudite
All I have to add is anectdotal evidence, but I was shocked to learn about it being in development, and did not even hear about it til maybe 2 months before it was released.

I would never have heard another peep either, if I hadn't followed the forums after that.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"All I have to add is anectdotal evidence, but I was shocked to learn about it being in development, and did not even hear about it til maybe 2 months before it was released.

I would never have heard another peep either, if I hadn't followed the forums after that."

Fair enough. All you'd have to do is look back on various gaming magazines to see that TOEE was adverysied well. When i say well; I don't mean GTA well; but I mean like soldily. Most games don't get tv ads and the ones that do are big time mass appeal ones like EA's sports games or GTA, or othe Sims. Heck, only one BIO game has had a tv ad and that's KOTOR1 and we all know why. Heck, in fact, only the x-box version had a tv ad; the PC version had nothing (well, other than the built in hype from being the same game :D ).

Games tend to be hyped only through gaming magazines, the internet, and word of mouth. TV ads are reserved to the Fortunate Few.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
In Poland full-page (or sometimes double-page) ToEE ads were frequently published in all gaming magazines. But we're a small market...

Fez

Erudite
When the publishers want to push a game they give those free posters and cutouts, or carboard stands for the games. I just saw TOEE on a shelf when it came out. Seems like they did some magazine adverts at least, so it wasn't all bad.

Reklar

Liturgist
dojoteef said:
Wow, I forgot to mention the most obvious site: Bioware.

Yep, you were definitely right, there's no mention of Shiny Entertainment anywhere on the box for MDK2. Not sure where I got the idea they developed it. :?

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Um... Probably ebcause they amde the original. .. It's the same mistake people are making with KOTOR2 and NWN2...

It's pay back for BIO... <>

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom