Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Thaumaturge - supernatural RPG set in early 20th century Warsaw from Seven: The Days Long Gone devs

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks like a very... uhm... "narrative experience".
Not something I am very often in the mood for.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
finished the intro village and refunded coz i reached 2h.
so, most of the gameplay is running around and scanning using witcher_sense™ while clicking on (impossible to miss) clues.
each clue has a little story and some cannot be seen if you dont have enough skill points in one of the four branches.
all fine and dandy, but instead of letting you read, think and let you do it yourself, game connects all the clues automatically to draw conclusions and also auto connect them to the right character.
you then follow the gps to said character and use that info in conversation to resolve whatever you're doing. if you by any chance missed something you can use your jedi mind control do the same.
you also fight some dudes and ghosts in between. combat could potentially be fun later on with all the skill modifiers.

it would be pretty fun detective like game if everything wasnt done for you. at least let me combine obvious shit myself so i can feel smart. i get it would be really hard to code and voiceact all the wrong choices you could make, but still man, wasted opportunity.
people are saying there's a lot of branching and c&c later so storyfags will probably love it.
the setting is really cool and i almost feel bad for refunding it. might buy it again at some later point if it turns out warsaw is more than the intro.
Damn, this is a terrible aspect of modern gaming.

To compare, also Polish games: Twitcher and Twitcher 3.

(If I recall everything correctly) Twitcher had a quest with collecting clues and you could collect insufficient amount of them or collect all but still put the blame on the wrong character of the two. This was quite a decent quest but Western Twattertards of course complained that game let them choose wrong (same as they complained why remaining 'neutral' gave you more enemies in comparison to siding with any faction in some other quest, despite it logically and contextually having sense, but of course doing the morally right option should always make your life easier!).

So Twitcher 3 has a lot of 'detective' quests, but in none of them you have to even read or listen, because Geralt will always spell it out for you, and also use his super-hiper-amazing vision to find all clues!

Only Disco Elysium gave me hope... then crushed it with the completely retarded late game and finale.

:negative:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
t would be pretty fun detective like game if everything wasnt done for you. at least let me combine obvious shit myself so i can feel smart. i get it would be really hard to code and voiceact all the wrong choices you could make, but still man, wasted opportunity.
people are saying there's a lot of branching and c&c later so storyfags will probably love it.
the setting is really cool and i almost feel bad for refunding it. might buy it again at some later point if it turns out warsaw is more than the intro.

Same happens in the "Banishers" game. Game holds your hand so much that there is zero chance to fail, you cannot even interract with the clue in front of you before doing what game wanted you to do.
"""current year gaming""" mocking your wits and intelligence on every step...

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game wasn't on my radar. I haven't even played their previous game, Seven: Days long gone, but I actually already own that one on steam. Wonder if I should bump it up in the queue. At least ahead of the early Spiders trash.
Seven is a cool game if you're at all into semi-popamole stealth/action games (by which I mean every stealth game ever made apart from Thief). It has a neat setting and a great open world that's really fun to explore. If you already own it you should give it a try.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
ICyoDqb.png

Yloeknq.png

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Was interested in this initially because of the setting and atmosphere, but is it true the combat is piss easy and the gameplay fairly non-existent, with exploration boiling down to "witcher sense"-esque interactable highlighting?

I was a pretty big fan of Seven, so I'd be disappointed to hear that the above is true. Anyone here put a good amount of time in the game yet?

Harthwain

Magister
Poland wanted to be independant so much to outfag the West: "NOOOOOO How dare you russkies don't tolerate our LGBTQ parades, you russkie scums KURWA"
Nice reading comprehension failure. It's hardly outfagging the West when they insert trigger warnings for people who expect modern politics in this game.

Ryzer

Arcane
Poland wanted to be independant so much to outfag the West: "NOOOOOO How dare you russkies don't tolerate our LGBTQ parades, you russkie scums KURWA"
Nice reading comprehension failure. It's hardly outfagging the West when they insert trigger warnings for people who expect modern politics in this game.
"Fool's theory is a team of people with diverse beliefs, religions, sexual orientations and gender identites"

Indeed, you don't know how to read, it's a game by liberals, for liberals, and possibly queerosexuals, it's literally written in the first sentence. It's no different than Ubisoft in this category.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean a trigger warning for woke people would indicate game is non-woke, no? In the current year it's as good as you're gonna get from a mainstream studio.
I was thinking the same. Better to notify woketards they'll be exposed to scary historical reality in the game than make half the 1905 Potato police corps female or populate the period Warsaw with Angolans.

Ryzer

Arcane
I mean a trigger warning for woke people would indicate game is non-woke, no? In the current year it's as good as you're gonna get from a mainstream studio.
I was thinking the same. Better to notify woketards they'll be exposed to scary historical reality in the game than make half the 1905 Potato police corps female or populate the period Warsaw with Angolans.
You guys are stupid, it literally says that they are liberals, it's the same message you have in all Ubisoft games which is "do not get triggered it's inspired by historical events". It has nothing to with anti-wokism, since they are woke too, Ubisoft gives the same message on startup:
H6S3o48.jpg

Itoh

Literate
I am less interested in the developers' politics and more interested in whether or not they depict the setting faithfully. I want to play a game set in partitioned Poland, full of mutually resentful Jews, Slavs, and Germans, and not in a millennial hipster cafe with a Polish coat of paint.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL played for a few hours and the game is drenched in polska butthurt. Will play a bit more to see if it gets better. At least i got an option to give her to the ruski. Curious if it is an option to change the history and stop the commies.

Modron

Arcane
LoL played for a few hours and the game is drenched in polska butthurt. Will play a bit more to see if it gets better. At least i got an option to give her to the ruski. Curious if it is an option to change the history and stop the commies.
At least play until after the village we could use some impressions of the big city.

Mortmal

Arcane
"Fool's theory is a team of people with diverse beliefs, religions, sexual orientations and gender identites"

Indeed, you don't know how to read, it's a game by liberals, for liberals, and possibly queerosexuals, it's literally written in the first sentence. It's no different than Ubisoft in this category.
It's a Polish game, so it will once again get a free pass by default, as with Codex's usual double standard. Same trigger warning in JA3, free pass. It's only woke when its people they dont like.
I am also reading "the combat is piss easy and the gameplay fairly non-existent, with exploration boiling down to "witcher sense"-esque interactable highlighting" luckily there's still a few honest people here.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
At least play until after the village we could use some impressions of the big city.
I am in the city. For now i am on two minds,the protag is annoying modern day faggot libtard,at his dad funeral he was calling him bigot and screeching about shit. Also i am feeling that the game is made by literal satanists lol,since the protag seems to be one.

Jinn

Arcane
I am also reading "the combat is piss easy and the gameplay fairly non-existent, with exploration boiling down to "witcher sense"-esque interactable highlighting" luckily there's still a few honest people here.
I don't know if this is true or not. I'm hoping it's not. Was inquiring whether or not what I heard about it is true throughout the game, or just in the opening sections.

Harthwain

Magister
It's a Polish game, so it will once again get a free pass by default, as with Codex's usual double standard. Same trigger warning in JA3, free pass. It's only woke when its people they dont like.
Who cares about developers' nationality (well, SOME people obviously do, apparently)? What matters to me is how they approach the subject matter. Trying to boil it down to "It's a Polish game so it gets a free pass" is just plain wrong approach in my opinion. From what I have seen so far they seem to be doing an OK job. It's rather that some people here try to bash the game/developers based on part of the trigger warning, but ignoring the rest of it and the game itself. I guess it's simply politics at this point for them, irrespective whether what they say really make sense from the objective standpoint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom