Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE RPG AND FPS MADE A BABY

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Mele ~ on Grayza said:
Deus Ex doesnt need a label, we just call it : A great game.

To be honest, I thought Deus Ex was a pretty shit game. Not trolling.

My reasoning is that Hong Kong really fucking sucked shit, and the game made you side with your faggot brother. You HAD to betray the NSF (or whatever the fuck it was called -- don't remember) while the entire game it almost seemed as though the game was building up for you to be able to make this massive choice whether or not to leave the NSF. I felt ripped off.

franc kaos

Liturgist
Peter said:
So wait, they're re-releasing FO3?

The video looks cool. If they get the RPG mechanics better than Fallout3 (ie decent story and background world), and the shooter mechanics like HL2, Quake etc, along with a survivalist vibe (get shot in the leg and have it effect gameplay until healed), it could be cool.

The graphics look much better than F3, like a 3D comic.

But probably, if there is dialogue it'll be one way ala HL2, or even worse, faux two way, ala Mass Effect, and the RPG mechanics will entail upgrading your gun.

EDIT: Beth should show their animators that video then sack the lot of them.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
WholesaleGenocide said:
Mele ~ on Grayza said:

To be honest, I thought Deus Ex was a pretty shit game. Not trolling.
Well, looks like the time has come for you to kill yourself. So long.

On topic, this game looks really fun. Pretty much an FPS Diablo, looking forward to co-op play.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Fat Dragon said:
On topic, this game looks really fun. Pretty much an FPS Diablo, looking forward to co-op play.

Meh. The combat in this game looks much closer to Mass Effect than Diablo, methinks

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
WholesaleGenocide said:
Looks pretty shit, but that's just me being realistic.

More like you being whiny bitch trying to score some cool points on the Codex. I hate this new trend.

The trailer looks ok. The art direction is very nice. Dunno about the actual gameplay mechanics, but it might become a nice distraction once it's released, as long as you don't except anything along the lines of DX or Bloodlines.

Suchy

Arcane
Mele ~ on Grayza said:
Dammit....

1546.jpg

Dionysus

Scholar
ElectricOtter said:
God, such shit advertising nowadays.
That was actually a really good trailer. Videogame ads "nowadays" are much better than they were in the past.

I'm not interested in this game, but I do like the style, and it could be a good game for those that were disappointed with Hellgate.

NotAnAlt

Educated
Dionysus said:
ElectricOtter said:
God, such shit advertising nowadays.
That was actually a really good trailer. Videogame ads "nowadays" are much better than they were in the past.

I'm not interested in this game, but I do like the style, and it could be a good game for those that were disappointed with Hellgate.

That was a terrible trailer. It was meant to show gameplay but i got bored before i saw any.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The guy was here for 2 and a half years and he still thinks that whining is something new on the Codex.

thesheeep said:
Nothing wrong with a shooter that has some RPG elements.
And that trailer obviously doesn't take itself too serious...

I bet it is also good for what it is

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
barker_s said:
WholesaleGenocide said:
Looks pretty shit, but that's just me being realistic.

More like you being whiny bitch trying to score some cool points on the Codex. I hate this new trend.

I'm sorry I don't like your shitty game that will suck :(

I'll try harder next time. Guaranteed this game will absolutely suck, but I can tell you one thing: It will have 87 BAZILLION GUNS!

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
denizsi said:

I might have not stated that clearly enough. I'm not saying that whining on the Codex is a new trend. I'm just tired of newags coming in and whining just for the sake of it. IT IZ TEH KODEX, EVERYTHING IZ SHITE LOL! AM I COOL NOW MOM?

WholesaleGenocide said:
I'm sorry I don't like your shitty game that will suck
Wow, you just crushed me with force of your arguments. Why will it suck? Because its the Codex! Yay, we're having a discussion!

WholesaleGenocide said:
It will have 87 BAZILLION GUNS!
Games are serious business.

Multi-headed Cow

DriacKin said:
Wow. These trailer is making it seem like they're the first studio to ever create an FPS with slight RPG mechanics.
Have they never heard of Deus Ex, System Shock, or VtM:B?
They did it if they said they did it are you calling them liars? That's libel and they should sue.

denizsi

Arcane
In other news, I found the trailers to this game to be incredifuckably mediocre and uninteresting. Really, just wtf is there to this piece of shit? Before I've seen trailers, when I've only read about it, it sounded remotely interesting and a few screenshots were ok as well, but now seeing the trailers, the art direction, cell shading, etc. it all looks so dull. It looks like oblivion. Why should anyone want that?

mathboy

Liturgist
Hümmelgümpf said:
I spent most of time gunning things down on my Ventrue playthrough.
I spent most of my time not having sex with Smiling Jack, because I didn't install the Unofficial patch.

Zomg

Arbiter
I like how World of Warcraft shoulderpads have morphed the hegemonic video game aesthetic into wasp waisted guys with five hundred pounds of trapezius muscles.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
87 bazillion guns and RPS stupidity aside, Borderlands sounds like it'll be fun, and the new aesthetic is nice enough

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom