Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria - coop survival crafting game set during the Fourth Age

ADL

Prophet
Welcome to The Lord of the Rings™: Return to Moria™, the only survival crafting video game set in the Fourth Age of Middle-earth™, the iconic fantasy world created by J.R.R. Tolkien. Summoned to the Misty Mountains by Lord Gimli Lockbearer, players take control of a company of Dwarves tasked to reclaim the lost spoils from the Dwarven homeland of Moria—known as Khazad-dûm or Dwarrowdelf—in the depths below their very feet. Their quest will require fortitude, delving deep into the Mines of Moria to recover its treasures.

Set in a procedurally generated Dwarven realm of Moria, no two adventures will be alike, and every expedition is traversable either solo or online with companions. Players can mine to craft greater gear and resources, but beware mining makes noise, and noise created in the quiet deep threatens to awaken the dangers below: where there's clatter, there's combat. Excavate the mysteries of three legendary mountains, extract precious metals, scrape to survive, and battle unspeakable forces to learn the secret of the Shadow that lurks within.
https://returntomoria.com/

I'll break my Epic Store boycott for this. Tolkien is the only thing that could ever get me interested in survival crafting shit. Between this and the Gollum game, I'm a fan of how they're licensing the book's IP so far.

SilentSeeker

Novice
If it doesn't have orcs riding on bulk detonators, I'll be... pleasantly surprised.

If it actually offers an explanation for why Durin's Bane STAYED in Moria after driving the dwarves out (the impossible has happened; Morgoth is vanquished! Better hide for five thousand years- then, after learning that the free peoples of Middle-Earth are exploring and expanding freely, I'll drive some off, explicitly NOT killing them all, and then just... wait. It's not like they could come back in force or anything!), I'll be downright pleased- so long as it maxes sense.

Melcar

Arcane
If it doesn't have orcs riding on bulk detonators, I'll be... pleasantly surprised.

If it actually offers an explanation for why Durin's Bane STAYED in Moria after driving the dwarves out (the impossible has happened; Morgoth is vanquished! Better hide for five thousand years- then, after learning that the free peoples of Middle-Earth are exploring and expanding freely, I'll drive some off, explicitly NOT killing them all, and then just... wait. It's not like they could come back in force or anything!), I'll be downright pleased- so long as it maxes sense.

Probably was tired of all the bullshit and just wanted to chill.

Zlaja

Arcane

angry-panda.gif

Codex Year of the Donut
going to use this thread to plug lotro because it's actually really good if you can get past the clunkiness and the Moria part is one of the best areas in the game
check the thread out in the mmo subsection
devs obviously cared a lot about lotr and even pulled from the more obscure sources like MERP when designing quests/areas/story

probably the last good lotr adaptation we'll see in our lifetimes

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dwarves keep sending in "companies" of five dwarves in Moria and expect to get a better result each time.

Dwarves are not learning animals.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They should go meta and make a game about surviving through the era of companies killing your favorite franchises. Or maybe they did and I'm already playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom