Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2024 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, you can change your votes as new games are added.

Upcoming games included in the poll:
(Let me know if any of the release dates need to be changed.)
  1. Aletheia: Return of Odysseus (Absent Dragon)
    Release Date: TBA
    Codex Thread
    Steam

2. Archaelund (4 Dimension Games)
    Release Date: Q2 2026
    Realms of Arkania-style RPG from DavidBVal set in the world of Exiled Kingdoms.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

3. Archquest (Pseudodragon Studios)
    A Gold Box-inspired RPG from Codexer The Avatar based on the Pathfinder 2nd Edition ruleset.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

4. BEAST: False Prophet (False Prophet)
    Release Date: 2024
    Codex Thread
    Steam

5. Call of Saregnar (Legendworks)
    A faithfully retro Betrayal at Krondor homage by Rhuantavan.
    Codex Thread
    Patreon
    Steam

6. Code of the Savage (Geoff Jones)
    An impressive-looking oldschool RPG inspired by Ultima VI & VII and set in a gritty fantasy world.
    Codex Thread
    Kickstarter
    Steam

7. Cyber Knights: Flashpoint (Trese Brothers)
    Release Date: Late 2024
    This cyberpunk tactical RPG is the Trese Brothers' fanciest game yet. They've come a long way from making mobile games.
    Codex Thread
    Kickstarter
    Steam

8. Esoteric Ebb (Sudden Snail)
    Codex Thread
    Steam

9. Fallen Gods (Wormwood Studios)
    Primordia designer Mark Yohalem's next game, an atmospheric roguelike-ish RPG where you play a Norse god trying to find his way back to Asgard.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

10. Hibernaculum (Wormdwood Studios)
    Release Date: Q4 2025
    Survival horror dungeon crawler set aboard a derelict generation ship. Featuring grisly artwork by Wormwood Studios lead artist Victor Pflug.
    Codex Thread
    Kickstarter
    Steam

11. MENACE (Overhype Studios)
    Sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG set in a remote star system from the creators of Battle Brothers.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

12. Monomyth (Rat Tower Software)
    A first-person action-RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis and Ultima Underworld by RatTower. Will he single-handedly succeed where OtherSide failed?
    Codex Thread
    Steam
    Kickstarter

13. Mystic Land: The Search for Maphaldo
    Suddenly, there's another Wizardry 7-inspired blobber 30 years in the making. Don't worry, Cleve Blakemore approves.
    Codex Thread
    Steam
  14. Project Haven (Code Three Fifty One)
    Mercenary outfit turn-based tactical RPG set in a dystopian near-future city, with Valkyria-style manual aiming.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

15. Prometheus Wept (Timeslip Softworks)
    The next RPG from the creator of Vigilantes, set in a near future post-technology Earth.
    Codex Thread
    Steam
    Kickstarter

16. SKALD: Against the Black Priory (High North Studios)
    Release Date: May 30th, 2024
    Another impressive-looking Ultima-inspired retro RPG, combining the aesthetic of Ultima IV & V with modern features and conveniences.
    Codex Thread
    Kickstarter
    Indiegogo
    Steam
    GOG

17. Stellar Tactics (Maverick Games)
    Sandbox space RPG by Arcanum producer Don Wilkins where you can travel in space and engage in isometric turn-based battles with your landing party. Stellar Tactics does it all!
    Codex Thread
    Kickstarter
    Steam
    GOG

18. Stoneshard (Ink Stains Games)
    A turn-based roguelike set in a gritty medieval fantasy world. Has awesome pixel art, and seems to be pretty awesome in general.
    Codex Thread
    Steam Greenlight
    Kickstarter
    Steam
    GOG

19. Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy (ATOM Team)
    Codex Thread
    Steam
    Kickstarter

20. Swords and Sorcery - Sovereign (OlderBytes)
    Long-awaited followup to the Might & Magic-inspired indie RPG Swords and Sorcery - Underworld from Charles Clerc.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

21. The Conformist (Torpor Games)
    Codex Thread

22. The Jovian System (The Boar Studio)
    Followup to hard-sci RPG Titan Outpost from Codexer MF, set in the moon colonies of Jupiter. This time there's a turn-based combat system with zero-g mechanics.
    Codex Forum
    Steam

23. The Way of Wrath (Animmal)
    Unique RPG by Hellwalker set in a fantasy Neolithic/early Bronze Age. Hold the fort against the enemy tribes who have conquered your land.
    Codex Thread
    Steam
    GOG
    Kickstarter

24. Underrail: Infusion (Stygian Software)
    Standalone expansion for Codex cult RPG Underrail, set in a new area of the world and featuring a different player character. Hopefully it comes out before 2025.
    Codex Forum

25. Urban Strife (White Pond Games)
    A turn-based zombie survival RPG that aims to succeed where Dead State failed. Looks really solid.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

26. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (The Chinese Room)
    Release Date: Q4 2024
    Paradox's sequel to Bloodlines, originally from Hardsuit Labs with Brian Mitsoda as lead narrative designer, now in development at Dear Esther developer The Chinese Room. Could anything good possibly come out of this?
    Codex Thread
    Steam
    GOG

27. Zodiac Legion (Studio Draconis)
    Release Date: Q1 2025
    Fantasy XCOM from Codexer Galdred where you lead an order of arcane knights against an undead invasion.
    Codex Thread
    Steam

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
There are currently 23 titles on this List of Incline. 23 islands of Hope in Sea of Shit. 10/23 I have chosen because they have shown good RPG design, tolerable or great art style and nice story potential. That's less then 50%. If 2/10 turn out GREAT! I''ll be satisfied. If not, I'll fire up backcatalog, fuck some goth croatian bitches and survive boredom. Not like 2024. is going to be boooring year in any way :-D:cool:

P. S. Yo! Infinitron
Where Stoneshard at this list?

Shaki

Arbiter
It's funny how void of good stuff this list is, because apparently every fucking good game came out in 2023, and it was amazing and crazy.
Underrail probably won't actually come out in 2024, but I'm far more hyped for it than anything that we got in 2023. Same with MENACE.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Looking better than last year

BG3, Colony Ship and Rogue Trader were big disappointments. I mean BG3 and RT werent, I expected them to suck

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Personaly my top list,

1 - Mystic Land - Grimoire gets a successor with better 2D art? Yes please
2 - Urban Strife - JA2 successor, idiotic story and writing but combat could be great (not just good). Systems will make or break this game but I havent seen enough of that in the demo
3 - Underrail Infusion - nuff said
4 - Skaald
5 - CoS

Archaelund, Call of Saregnar, Monomyth, SKALD, Zodiac Legion.

In other words, a whole lot of exploration and murder-hoboing. Story-fags had their turn in 2023. Now it's time for combat-faggotry.

Spike

Educated
Erm excuse me, where is Passageway of the Ancients? Also Circle of Swords and Journey for the Crown.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I just finished Exiled Kingdoms and am eager to get started on Archaelund. I picked several from the list, but Archaelund is the one that sticks out the most. A couple I didn't even know about, so that's cool.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Monomyth - UU/Arx iterative, uma delicia.
The Jovian System - Titan Outpost was a gemmie, doubt this'll come anytime soon though.
Kingdom Come 2 - Yet to be announced but I can feel it in my bones, it's gonna be a good one.
The Conformist - If they can maintain Suzerain's writing standards it's a slam dunk.
The Way of Wrath - Gaudy visuals but a novel premise and very reminiscent of Exp. Viking.
Menace - mite b k.
Stellar Tactics - Hopefully not another Encased.
Broken Roads - Morality gimmicks aside this'll live or die on how linear it is and if the narrative can deliver a societal breakdown.

Urban Strife demo didn't impress, not feeling the hype tbh.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
RPGs I am most excited about are not on the list: Last Epoch and PoE2.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On behalf of Fedora Master, I would like to suggest Stoneshard.

On my own behalf, maybe Aledorn. I understand if this isn't added. It's still a 50-50 vapourware situation, imo. I did like the demo despite rough edges.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom