Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Teh White Council intarview at CVG

LlamaGod

Cipher
Mr. Teatime said:
The game is clearly being designed by a gay.

He looks more like some really young and mildly retarded mainstream gamer, the kind of guy that spends all afternoon playing Counter-Strike under the name -TpD-KiLLahThrILLa-XLF- and then unwinds with a night of playing that 'really deep, thinky RPG game thing' Oblivion.

He's watched the Lord of the Rings movies many many times and has yet to read the books, possibly due to illiteracy but probably due to the fact he's a fucking moron regardless. LOL NERD SIHT he says as he camps the spawn with his AWP. ILL SHWO THOS FAGITS HOW REEL RPGS R MADE as he aims for a head. FUCKIN NOOB he declares.

FUCKIN NOOB, indeed.

Castanova

Prophet
StraitLacedDeviant said:
Frodo went fully over to the dark side at the end. You had Boromir nearly killing Frodo over the ring.

I'm sorry but a purely good character being possessed by an evil ring is hardly groundbreaking storytelling, whether in a book or a video game. Not to mention: isn't this the "screw-Good-and-Evil-it's-just-a-matter-of-viewpoint" Codex?

Honestly, what are you looking for from an LOTR game? It sounds to me like you just want to play the entire time as Gollum.

LlamaGod

Cipher
A point of clarification, atleast for me:

I would like a good Middle-Earth game.

To have a good Middle-Earth game it cannot be in the third age. That's all done and set in stone.

But the Third Age = Movies = $$$

Also people who don't know shit about tolkien beyond 'I read LOTR once' should stop acting like they know what they are talking about.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
The setting for MERP was an interesting one, middle of the Third Age when Arthedain was still kicking and Cardolan was just about to go under. No Mordor as an evil outpost but it's slowly filling up again and you have Dol Guldur, Angmar and Umbar as the centres of teh evil in NW Middle Earth.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Tyler Vaught? Sounds like a fag to me...

Anyone who names their kid Tyler should immediately enrol him in the Queer Eye for The Straight Guy Youth Talent Programme to succeed Carson Cressley or whatever the poof's name is.

glasnost

Augur
Castanova said:
StraitLacedDeviant said:
Frodo went fully over to the dark side at the end. You had Boromir nearly killing Frodo over the ring.

I'm sorry but a purely good character being possessed by an evil ring is hardly groundbreaking storytelling, whether in a book or a video game. Not to mention: isn't this the "screw-Good-and-Evil-it's-just-a-matter-of-viewpoint" Codex?

Honestly, what are you looking for from an LOTR game? It sounds to me like you just want to play the entire time as Gollum.
eh, who said anything about possession.

He didn't hear voices; it was a conscious decision on his part. It was a power thing.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Nutcracker said:
Tyler Vaught? Sounds like a fag to me...

Anyone who names their kid Tyler should immediately enrol him in the Queer Eye for The Straight Guy Youth Talent Programme to succeed Carson Cressley or whatever the poof's name is.

I like the cut of your jib, nutcracker. Besides it sounds like you know the name of cast members for the show.

Jack_Deth

Augur
Patron
Insert Title Here
Where do I pre-order this turdball?

Tyler looks like a prime candidate for my next manpile session.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Sol Invictus said:
Besides the PS3 and the X360, it's also for the PC. And stop making fun of the guy's name, jeez.

PC version is not confirmed yet as being definite. EA is using words like weasels to avoid saying that.

And the man's name is gay. He even looks gay. Ergo he is gay. Look at how close he's trying to get to that co-worker. Look at the agonised look in the co-worker's face as he knows that as fifth assistant producer (he gets the milk in the morning for the third assistant's coffee) he's really at the bottom of the pecking order and that Tyler is going to rape his ass before they get to learn their next set of lines given to them from that nice man in marketing.

That's homosexuality Exit. And we should point it out every time we see it to save this disease from becoming endemic in our god-fearing community. Names are so important in spotting this descent into the very portals of the abyss - imagine if we were able to purge ourselves of the hedony of Soho. Would not the world be a better place?

sheek

Arbiter
Mefi said:
Look at the agonised look in the co-worker's face as he knows that as fifth assistant producer (he gets the milk in the morning for the third assistant's coffee) he's really at the bottom [snip]

And what kind of 'milk'? Urgh... I don't even want to think what goes on at EA. And to think all these moron 'casual' gamers subsidizing this sickness.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom