Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline SQUARE ENIX AI Tech Preview: THE PORTOPIA SERIAL MURDER CASE

Longes

Augur

After fourty years, Square has graciously bestowed upon us an English release, a remake even, of the renowned and influential "The Portopia Serial Murder Case". It even features cutting edge AI tech to parse your inputs and avoid getting stuck trying to figure out what exact command will let you get ye flask.
oivzsMA.png

And it's free!

Only there's one problem. It's shit. The game is completely and utterly broken. On the basic level, there are numerous bugs - the game will crash if your OS language isn't English, the game will randomly not accept valid inputs, the game will set the parser recognition threshold to 8800% so nothing will ever be accepted. And in my case - the game will lock down and stop accepting inputs completely. But also, the AI parser that they wanted to showcase just doesn't work. You still need to figure out the exact precise commands that the game wants, and it's case-sensitive too. Going by their old presentations, the game was originally supposed to feature a generative AI as well, so my personal theory is that Square execs got spooked by the idea that Yasu might have strong opinions about black people, and badly gutted the game resulting in the buggy, broken mess that we've got.

But you know, at least it's free.

Here's me spending 16 minutes trying to get past the first screen, before the game breaks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom