Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soulframe - Digital Extreme's new MMO

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
it's a viculious cycle you can only break if you realize the gameplay remains the same regardless if you played 10 hours or 1200 ( many with that playtime)
In all the years I've been playing since Closed beta, I don't have that many hours:
N6y3WcU.png

jvxVVHq.png
Only 900 hours. Anyways. It's so easy to get burnt out of the game then take a break that lasts years. Though for me. Every time I come back. I realize there's a kabillion new things added that aren't explained. So I usually go do defense missions where you kill enemies after each wave since that's something I understand and is familiar. Have fun trying out my favorite warframes, maybe new ones too, then get bored and take another break that lasts years. Such is life xd

Though, between you and me, the real end game of Warframe is scamming your fellow men on trade chat, that shit is hilarious. I used to make so many monies off of that. See, the real trick is to get people to help you manipulate the prices of certain items in trade chat so people can't ascertain their real value. Obviously those who are smart can tell the price discrepancy and will call you out. Still, it's soo fun!

Alphard

Magister
it's a viculious cycle you can only break if you realize the gameplay remains the same regardless if you played 10 hours or 1200 ( many with that playtime)
In all the years I've been playing since Closed beta, I don't have that many hours:
N6y3WcU.png

jvxVVHq.png
Only 900 hours. Anyways. It's so easy to get burnt out of the game then take a break that lasts years. Though for me. Every time I come back. I realize there's a kabillion new things added that aren't explained. So I usually go do defense missions where you kill enemies after each wave since that's something I understand and is familiar. Have fun trying out my favorite warframes, maybe new ones too, then get bored and take another break that lasts years. Such is life xd

Though, between you and me, the real end game of Warframe is scamming your fellow men on trade chat, that shit is hilarious. I used to make so many monies off of that. See, the real trick is to get people to help you manipulate the prices of certain items in trade chat so people can't ascertain their real value. Obviously those who are smart can tell the price discrepancy and will call you out. Still, it's soo fun!
who still use trade chat where there is warframe market ( i know even that can still be manipulated but to a lesser degree, or at least you have the tools to know if you are get scammed ir not) ?
but even if i was into platinum trading ( but not manipulating market, i was not a big fish) , thinking back i dreaded staying more checking prices and stuff instead of playing. when you do this it means the game itself is not fun , and you are enjoying more metagaming

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
>who still use trade chat
Good question, I'm not sure. I don't really play the game anymore. Only logged in to take those screenshots then left. I have no idea how the market works at all. All I do remember is that there were too many naive people on trade chat back in the day. The issue is mainly amplified by two things: DE's refusal to implement some kind of auction house in game, and people having to rely on external sources for price listing - which may or may not be accurate. It's all a big quagmire.

Gerrard

Arcane
With which ability does Nova do that? MP builds focusing on duration do not have enough range for the explosions from MP on top of them doing meager blasting damage even at 145% power strength. Range builds usually have low power strength so the explosions are laughable even at low levels. On it's own MP is just a slow+damage amplifier and does basically nothing if you do not deal damage to the enemies.
The damage is plenty enough to clear normal content as long as you don't nuke range and there's enough enemies to overlap explosions. I'm not talking about turbo autist content.

Sykar

Arcane
Mirage and Banshee can provide much higher damage multipliers to your group. Strength built Rhino can add more damage as well. The explosions matter maybe up to level 10-15 but after that they become more and more irrelevant and at 30 they are a joke. Even back then 30 was not really endgame. Still is not a one button ability that instantly kills everything as you want to imply.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've clocked over 3000 hours in Warfarm. I'm one of those "GOTTA GO FAST" players that apparently you losers hate. If you want to open every locker and stop to examine every bloody gib, do it on your own time. I already know I'll be running whatever dumb mission set DE has 1000 times before I get the last part of this week's meta. I finally had enough when the Kuva Liches came out and there was no way to make it go any faster, a painful slog. That and Deimos is just like the last two "open-world" updates they made, a boring, static sandbox with a slight theme on the same missions you've been doing since PoE. Plus there's all these awful content islands and generally dumb gameplay ideas that take away from the core loop. Fishing was fun, for about week. Railjoke was fun, for about a week.

And then of course they've gone full pozz which is another reason to stay away. Bad enough with Nezha bans, but once I saw Ticker I knew the game was finished. I have no real hope for whatever they're trying to do because even if it's a hit at the start it'll go the same way. DE really hates its veteran fanbase and they spend all of their time trying to court new players, problem is you'll eventually run out of new players.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I finally had enough when the Kuva Liches
Oooh! Kuva! That's for Riven mods! One of the worst additions to Warframe of all time. Whoever thought Riven mods was a good thing to add to the game, were off their rocks.

One of those nice in theory ideas. The original concept was to make older weapons more powerful. Of course, it didn't work that way. I mean, a few weapons did get some boosts that made them viable (like the Kohm) , but mostly it was making meta metaer. Then the Kuva Jews showed up to dominate the market and in the end all the rivens for your powerful weapons ended up getting so nerfed they were actually worse than a basic mod. I had a kitgun with that short range wave attack, whatever it was called and a really good riven. I didn't even need a main gun it was so powerful. Now you couldn't give those rivens away.
But meta goes in cycles anyway. Players find a new meta, DE freaks out two years after the fact and nerf it into the ground, someone finds another meta. I had a Mara Detron with a riven that boosted rad damage to something like 40k+ and it could blow out an Eidolon's joints in two shots with Chroma.
Speaking of Eidolons there's another thing that fell through the floor. The PoE boss fights were kind of fun, but the ones for Venus were horrible and they never finished making the last one. I don't even know if Deimos has boss fights like that or not. I barely scratched the surface before I lost interest.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
To this day. I think she actually meant it.
Funny comment from that YT video:
"i think a great thing about the WF community is that if she did say losers, a good portion of us would respond with "yeah" "
:lol:
Feelsbadman. I always wondered if they were ever going to go back to making single player games like Darkness 2. Was such a fun experience compared to that shitty Dark Sector I played. Though after seeing how successful this whole mmo shit is, guess not.

ADL

Prophet
They showed a very early combat prototype during Warframe's 10th anniversary devstream today. More at Tennocon in August. Janky as fuck but I like the aesthetic and feel of combat they're going for.

Myobi

Liturgist
"coop/solo RPG"... sort of just like Warframe.

"nEW MmO HuEhUe!"

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I'm probably wrong, but I think this is going to ultimately be a failure for its inability to escape from Warframe.

ADL

Prophet
Hope not! I like the pace and vibe of this game more than Warframe and I love Warframe.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why are they making something that looks like a knock-off of a Souls-like combined with a knock-off of Warframe? They should be making something completely different and original, like Warframe was in its time.

I dunno, maybe they feel that as far as they're concerned, making something with a more mediaeval fantasy vibe is enough of a departure from the s-f theme of Warframe for it to be a relief for them to be working on it, after all those years of working on Warframe, while at the same time it's familiar-enough ground for them to carry on the gameplay aspirations they obviously had with Warframe's gameplay from the start (which was much slower and more deliberate in the beginning)?

Weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom