Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News SKALD: Against the Black Priory releasing on May 30th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: High North Studios; Raw Fury; SKALD: Against the Black Priory

https://www.skaldrpg.com/2024/04/launch-data-reveal-trailer/

The time is upon us, the Dragon has awoken and the LAUNCH DATE IS REVEALED: “Skald: Against the Black Priory” is launching May 30th 2024!

Check out our AMAZING Launch Data Reveal Trailer now!

Did you see all the awesome hidden references?

Once you’re done rewatching, head on over to Steam where Skald is participating in both a Lovecraftian Steam event and the #TurnbasedThursday Fest.

We’ve even UPDATED THE DEMO so you can play the latest iteration of the game TODAY!

It feels amazing to be this close to sharing Skald with you all! Keep your eyes peeled as we go forwards: We’ll be posting frequent updates over the next weeks!

To stay posted, be sure to follow the Skald Twitter and Discord and wishlist on Steam if you haven’t already!​

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
April, May - the cover is still gay.
Like the pixelated cover version much more than the "remastered" version shown at the very end :). That being said the game-play portion didn't seem as neon colored as feared and the character portraits and cut scene slides still seem to hold that old-school charm. What really surprised me was the trailer production! That had to of cost a pretty penny... :eek:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What really surprised me was the trailer production! That had to of cost a pretty penny... :eek:

Perks of getting a publisher, you get a noticeable quality bump to your marketing collateral. Although could've done without that live action part.

That trailer us genuinely cool. It is well done nostalgia and sets itself apart from the generic trailers of today. I would buy this now, but I'll wait for day 1. We've seen release announcements before.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
What really surprised me was the trailer production! That had to of cost a pretty penny... :eek:

Perks of getting a publisher, you get a noticeable quality bump to your marketing collateral. Although could've done without that live action part.

I think the live-action part is a flex meant to indicate this is not some half-assed Euro-jank project. I'm not sure it gets them anything, but it does help prevent them from getting tossed in a certain pile of games that people would otherwise take a pass on. So, from that angle, it's a a smart move. IMO.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Who's the publisher?
Raw Fury. They're a well-known player in the indie space from what I remember. They pub'ed Dome Keeper, Per Aspera, Bad North and the Kingdom games.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Who's the publisher?
Raw Fury. They're a well-known player in the indie space from what I remember. They pub'ed Dome Keeper, Per Aspera, Bad North and the Kingdom games.
They must not be doing a good job because I don't recognize / remember any of those games!! :lol:

edit: Looked those games up on Steam (except didn't know what the "Kingdom games" are) and now I know why I never heard of or played them... :M

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Who's the publisher?
They must not be doing a good job because I don't recognize / remember any of those games!! :lol:

edit: Looked those games up on Steam (except didn't know what the "Kingdom games" are) and now I know why I never heard of or played them... :M

I just scrolled through their catalogue, didn't play any of these either, but artwork and soundtracks in most the trailers is pretty damn solid, far beyond what you would expect from your generic indie shovelware.

Jack Slash

Literate
SKALD has been sitting on my wishlist since... April 2021?! Holy crap, time sure flies. A day-one purchase for sure.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Glorious trailer, I very much approve. They know exactly who their target audience is. There's even an Amiga reference manual next to the Commodore monitor, well done.

I wasn't that fond of the shader stuff, but they seem to be using it sparingly, so who cares. It still looks glorious and C64-inspired, and the graphics are more than good enough if the gameplay is great.

Last edited:
I think the live action trailer is meant to evoke the popular Netflix series Stranger Things?
Finding the mystery item in an attic and that object exuding power (and yes, lighting) were common for both film and commercials in the late 1980s and early 1990s US media.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
April, May - the cover is still gay.
In shadows deep, where whispers lay,
Skald's tale unfolds, in dark array.
April, May - the cover is still gay,
Yet secrets lurk where the priory may sway.
Within its halls, ancient echoes resound,Mysteries hidden,
waiting to be found.
Through winding paths, and corridors untold,
Legends emerge, stories yet unfold.
A journey fraught with peril and lore,
In Skald's embrace, the unknown we explore.
With courage as our guide, we face the night,
To uncover truths, hidden from sight.
So heed the call, adventurers bold,
In Skald's realm, mysteries untold.
April, May - the cover is still gay,
But darkness lingers where the priory may sway.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's wrong with cover? It's completely fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom