Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Silvern Castle

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I started playing the second scenario of this game, and was pleasantly surprised that the level design has been improved (more hidden areas, levels more interconnected), the difficulty slightly increased and there are more lairs and events.
Still no party deaths, though. Worst case was when my lvl 1 party stumbled into a lair and had to flee with only one character conscious.

TigerKnee

Arcane
How do you change the scenario?

I'm still early in scenario 1 but if you say the 2nd scenario is much more easier and built for new characters then I might as well change now while my characters are still level 1-2

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Second scenario is not easier, but it's better IMO. Just avoid Lairs with a first level party.
To reach the second scenario, you can take the teleporter on level 1 of the maze. The password is SHADES.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Brain fart, don't know why I said "easier" when I meant "better designed", but thanks

TigerKnee

Arcane
The teleporter's a bit awkward since the Market brings you back to Scenario 1 and you have to go teleport all over again.

That being said, I explored Scenario 2 - Level 1 for a very short while and... well, that bottomless pit isn't very bottomless at all, in fact it only has 5 levels before an abrupt stop.

(How the heck do you get past it? Didn't they suggest you use a new party for it? Is there a levitate spell or something)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The teleporter's a bit awkward since the Market brings you back to Scenario 1 and you have to go teleport all over again.

That being said, I explored Scenario 2 - Level 1 for a very short while and... well, that bottomless pit isn't very bottomless at all, in fact it only has 5 levels before an abrupt stop.

(How the heck do you get past it? Didn't they suggest you use a new party for it? Is there a levitate spell or something)

Didn't you read that scroll? Search around and you shall find an item that can teleport you.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I had an inkling it was the orb but what stymied me (couldn't spend the 1500 gp to identify it) was you needed a Spellcaster to use it

I hope this item doesn't break though because Teleport on demand item is so great.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I had an inkling it was the orb but what stymied me (couldn't spend the 1500 gp to identify it) was you needed a Spellcaster to use it

I hope this item doesn't break though because Teleport on demand item is so great.

It didn't break for me, but I had Potions of Recharge and other Orbs for sale in the shop after completing the first part, so I wasn't very worried. I don't remeber if there were any Orbs for sale originally though. If not, and you Iron Man, then I guess you'll have to explore the original dungeon until you have access to Teleport again. Or use the Save States fucntion.
But, I think if you have no Orb in your possession, then you'll probably find a new one where you found the first. It's probably just a simple "is item in inventory" check.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom