Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Russian Kingdom Come Deliverance - Смута

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How is this even going to sell? Aren't there sanctions on Russia still so steam can't sell Russian made games?
It will never be completed.

But if it was, most likely it would be sold in Russia via their Russian equivalent of Steam (I think VK has something like that).
And I guess it'll somehow get smuggled into the west?
Russia now has a law that pirating Western software is allowed.

We'll be glad to reciprocate :-D
I'm not aware of such law. Medvedev said it, but he's a populist. RKN still blocks all the torrent sites.

There should be a law like that.

Humanophage

Arcane
https://dtf.ru/gameindustry/1891610...s-spina-k-spine-stoim-muzhiki-derzhim-oboronu
The author of Smoota about gaming in Russia: "We are now standing back to back, men, holding the fort"

He said that the release of the game Smoota, for which the Internet Development Institute has allocated more than 500 million roubles, will take place at the end of this year.

In addition, he made a peculiar assessment of the state of the game industry in Russia. Here is his quote in its entirety:

How has the situation changed over the past year? I will tell you as a developer. Education at all different levels has been set up. We, the developers, have overcome panic. Several gaming associations have emerged. The situation now is unique. As Winston Churchill said, every crisis brings new opportunities. It is practically visible now.

Firstly, we have started to actively communicate, help each other, share some resources, recommendations, books, information. If before we were somehow communicating at conferences, but it was still some kind of commercial confrontation, now we are, as I came up with this maxim: we are the third militia.

The second militia is the Nizhny Novgorod militia, which drove the Poles out of Moscow, and we are now standing back to back, men, holding down the fort so that everything will work out well for us in the future. We have managed to establish a peaceful full-time production. We already know how to make games; now, in the words of Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, we need to make useful games filled with historical meaning.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The best Smuta game experience I had was playing a board game Smuta (a russian game, never published outside Russia or in any other language afaik). There you have up to 5 factions and almost all characters can switch sides taking armies under their command with them too. Hussaria is ridiculously OP as a unit. And the game is ridiculously long despite not being too complex. Other than that, very fun. I want something loosely based on that not some linear action-adventure with stats.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The best Smuta game experience I had was playing a board game Smuta (a russian game, never published outside Russia or in any other language afaik). There you have up to 5 factions and almost all characters can switch sides taking armies under their command with them too. Hussaria is ridiculously OP as a unit. And the game is ridiculously long despite not being too complex. Other than that, very fun. I want something loosely based on that not some linear action-adventure with stats.
Tough luck then. You don't expect glorious Russia to fund a game in which Husaria is ridiculously OP and Poles may actually win the war, do you?

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Tough luck then. You don't expect glorious Russia to fund a game in which Husaria is ridiculously OP and Poles may actually win the war, do you?
Today? No i don't. However that board game was made a decade(?) ago in another era, so to speak. AND it it probably didn't have any public money behind it.

Aarwolf

Learned

Sounds a lot like a Game of Thrones board game, you sure that they didn't steal it and repaint it either?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Sounds a lot like a Game of Thrones board game, you sure that they didn't steal it and repaint it either?
GoT didn't have the mechanism for characters switching sides. Each player has a full hand of commanders and they stay with the faction throughout the playthrough.

Ryzer

Arcane
The amount of butthurt this game manages to create before it even releases is truly good to behold.
And just like Atomic Heart, it will be somewhat good and economically successful.
Can't wait for the reactions on release and it's going to be released soon in 2024.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
why not? you can take your potato hussar army with you and join russians. based! that's one way to potato to actually win the war for a change.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
why not? you can take your potato hussar army with you and join russians. based! that's one way to potato to actually win the war for a change.
For a change? Compared to what? Poland did win 3 wars in a row against Muscovy in late 16th and early 17th century.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Dude, how you forgot 1939?
He means to say that there was no military confrontation, because USSR entered unimpeded, with minor local skirmishes with the police. By that time, the state of Poland had ceased to exist, as the government had fled and abandoned its nation.

https://dtf.ru/gameindustry/1891610...s-spina-k-spine-stoim-muzhiki-derzhim-oboronu
The author of Smoota about gaming in Russia: "We are now standing back to back, men, holding the fort"

He said that the release of the game Smoota, for which the Internet Development Institute has allocated more than 500 million roubles, will take place at the end of this year.

In addition, he made a peculiar assessment of the state of the game industry in Russia. Here is his quote in its entirety:

How has the situation changed over the past year? I will tell you as a developer. Education at all different levels has been set up. We, the developers, have overcome panic. Several gaming associations have emerged. The situation now is unique. As Winston Churchill said, every crisis brings new opportunities. It is practically visible now.

Firstly, we have started to actively communicate, help each other, share some resources, recommendations, books, information. If before we were somehow communicating at conferences, but it was still some kind of commercial confrontation, now we are, as I came up with this maxim: we are the third militia.

The second militia is the Nizhny Novgorod militia, which drove the Poles out of Moscow, and we are now standing back to back, men, holding down the fort so that everything will work out well for us in the future. We have managed to establish a peaceful full-time production. We already know how to make games; now, in the words of Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, we need to make useful games filled with historical meaning.
Wow is this guy Russian Cleve? I get the same massive incel vibe but with a Slav twist.

Aarwolf

Learned
CAN YOU PLAY AS PRIGOZHIN?

In hell DLC

a2KjM11_ogimage.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom