Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rogue Trader predictions

FriendlyMerchant

It's going to be trash. Why?
1. Owlcat
2. Space Fantasy
Two extremely terrible things

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's going to be simultaneously the most beloved and most hated game on this forum when it gets released.

disagree, monocled posters will not give a shit about this
Playing what exactly? Same game over 1000 time, again?

I still haven't played through Kingmaker, Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2, Wasteland 3, WotR, and most other big name RPG releases of recent times.

Yet I still got things to play other than the same old games I've played 100 times already.
You people should make it a habit to search through the deepest depths of the Steam catalogue rather than just staying on the first page :M

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
  • Some minigame to drive the MQ that cannot be avoided. As usual it will be barebone and shallow. Previously Paizo wanted it and now there won't be Paizo around, however if this ends up being crowdfunded there is 1000% chance of high amount of feature bloat. Plus these pozzed ruskies probably believe they are good at it and that they are moving the genre forward, so they may go for it anyway.
  • Class bloat. I expect a bunch of useless classes, archetypes and powers and most (sub)classes to feel samey like in Pathfinder. Maybe less so than in PF but I maintain Owlcat cant design characteristically strong distinct classes.

I could be wrong about 1, 3, 6, but 2 and 4 are gonna happen for sure. 5 probably pains me the most.

Anyway I expect to be right at least about 4/6 of these predictions.

I don't think Games Workshop allows crowdfunding of games based on their IP. I haven't seen any KS GW game, despite them literally selling the IP to anyone willing to pay in the past. It is quite possible both of these issues were tied to crowdfunding.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
teqxlgsqx7q21.png

Source: Reddit

Edgetard

Educated
It's going to be simultaneously the most beloved and most hated game on this forum when it gets released.
By the same people; at the same time no less.
5) Going to release before BG3.
Could you imagine how much crap larian will get if that's the case? Owlcat can finish 2 games while yours is in development hell.
Interesting question to ask which is going to be more woke BG3 or Owlcats games?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There will be at least 1 rope, that will be used in a quirky way, because "lol RPGs have ropes in them, and because Fallout 1 had you going down an elevator shaft with a rope".

Tenebris

Scholar
It's going to be passable but the dlc is going to be shit. It's probably gonna be a shitty side story, a new companion (male), and probably an endless dungeon because that's all Owlcat seems to know how to make.

hayst

Educated
I've tried pretty hard to like the other Owlcat games and I really wanted a 40k rpg like this for a while. I highly suspect some shit mini-game like point 3 mentions will ruin it for me. If nothing else at least there's some neat concept art.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
  • A lot of "I have 666 hours in it and here is a 666 page essay about why it sucks" people will post about the game in Codex.
  • The chaos path will be the unique way to avoid complete wokeness
  • Will gonna launch before BG3
  • Will have an orc genocide.

Peachcurl

Cipher
There will be at least 1 rope, that will be used in a quirky way, because "lol RPGs have ropes in them, and because Fallout 1 had you going down an elevator shaft with a rope".
In current year, ropes are not allowed, since they may be triggering for people with self-harm tendencies.

Hence, I predict: no rope.

Travelling down shafts will instead be achieved by copious amounts of lube.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Never had the opportunity to experience it, I planned on trying it but the sad state of the game made me give up.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The chaos path will be the unique way to avoid complete wokeness
lmao if you believe that chaos won't be pozzed to the bone.

PF:WoTR Lich mythic path was not pozzed. Quite the contrary. You get to put the worst npcs in their places.
The Pozzitroons all self-identify as CG so that's where you find most of it. The further away from CG you get the less there is. LE Reg is hardcore out-of-fucks old fart.

Will be interesting to see if they can finally come up with a post-White Mantle crusade critique (appreciation?) angle for God Emperor. There was one there with Galfrey but was overshadowed by obligatory stronk wimmen portrayal.

Humbaba

Arcane
You are all fucking retarded and Rogue Trader is gonna be a seminal crpg that will shit on any stupid fucking Troika tripe you oldfags and slavs love so goddamn much.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
You are all fucking retarded and Rogue Trader is gonna be a seminal crpg that will shit on any stupid fucking Troika tripe you oldfags and slavs love so goddamn much.
Perhaps it will be. In fact I hope against hope that glass half-full people are correct. However one is to be said about Troika that you can't say about Owlcat. Troika didn't create hundreds of pages of superfluous bad writing. And wasn't (nearly as) woke . Also didn't put bad mini-games in their CRPGs.
Those are three things not one. Oh, well...

Humbaba

Arcane
Then again, Owlcat created actually playable games but to each his own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom