Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Retarded Oblivion fan interview

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Kamaz said:
Puddles seem funny to you, but water effects is pretty interesting topic - of course, not in cRPG area, I agree with you. Its very interesting topic from graphics point of view. Since QA were about game and not about RPG features, this seems ok to me.

What would puddles add to the game though? Maybe you could jump in them repeatedly to add to your Athletics skill, or walking around them would add to your chances of increasing your Wisdom attribute upon level up!

Music? Again, nothing to do with RPG features but very important part of game structure.

Music can set the mood, sure.

1000 of NPCs? Well, I still dont understand why you can't see simple comparison - in setting its said 100 people in [some Morrowind town] and game offers 20, approximetly how much will there be in that city of err..that other province.You dont care? Thats your problem, actually this question was pretty interesting to me and I allready spoke about that. In Outcast there were crowds of people in the city if you turned specific option on and it was nice feature - running away from guards and hiding into crowd.

Well, you also like LARPing, so.. Talking about running away from guards and hiding, can't you do that with less CPU intensive tall grass? Or behind objects like benches and other things? Ducking in a building or down a dark alley?

Tell grass, trees, park benches and other things don't need to have NPC schedules, or interact with the player, be killable, and so on.

Nagling

Educated
Saint_Proverbius said:
What would puddles add to the game though? Maybe you could jump in them repeatedly to add to your Athletics skill, or walking around them would add to your chances of increasing your Wisdom attribute upon level up!

That was supposed to be a secret Saint..

Mendoza

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Kamaz said:
Puddles seem funny to you, but water effects is pretty interesting topic - of course, not in cRPG area, I agree with you. Its very interesting topic from graphics point of view. Since QA were about game and not about RPG features, this seems ok to me.

You're forgetting the rusting effect puddles could have on your iron armour. It could introduce a whole new puddle avoidance minigame for armoured characters. :D

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Saint, I explained that puddles was just an example for water effects possible and has to do with graphics not RPG mechanics. Though, I admit, you wanted to make fun of TES, let it be. Call it joke and not argument and everything will be fine.

Hiding and running through crowd of people is smth very different and..hell...more cinematic, Saint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom