Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Reign of Guilds - A classic mmo

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Is your signature meant to indicate Nutmeg's lack of historical knowledge or something? Cause he technically isnt wrong...

- Churchill used the army against his own people
- Churchill was in favor of chemical and other forbidden weapons
- Churchill was in favor of culling the retarded, malformed, etc. like the Nazis did (ironically he himself looked like Jabba the Hut)
- he admired Mussolini and his dictatorship/militarism
- he didn't hide that he liked fascism, claiming the world "owed it" to fascism

PS the game looks like a nothingburger

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
- Churchill (...)

PS the game looks like a nothingburger

I will answer about Churchill in the UA x RU thread ( here ) as I don't wanna to bring political discussions here. I will only say here that many things which you accuse him, soviets also did and many other groups.

About the game, nothingburger or not, by being in first person and having attributes and reagents for spells, this game already took my interest. I will wait till reviews and if I can play in in Linux with Proton to buy or not. Good or bad, at least would't be a generic wow clone Nº5641654685184168 now with even more mindless gear farming cooldown managing and even less consistency of game mechanics and lore.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Played it for 5 hours yesterday, it goes against a lot of established norms:

- Levelling system is its own thing. There's no XP. You have physical levels and magical levels, which level up by leveling up physical/magical attributes, and attributes are levelled up by skill usage.
If you outlevel one by another, e.g. Phys 10, Magic 8, then magical starts levelling slowly, so the devs want you to level both simultaneously. Why?

- No quest markers

- Mobs are a bit difficult to find, which is unusual for mmos where typically you can't spit without hitting one

- Weird equipment/inventory logic, where the item's "shadow" stays in the inventory when the item is equipped. It's cells inventory, but items have weight and there's max weight in inventory (depends on strength) & bags. A lot of unusual stuff there. Not sure it serves anything, it just complicates the UI/UX.

- No mounts, travel mode or summoning mechanics. You join a party, they're far away, you run for a long time. Sort of like WOW's early days. There's something to it, but also seems like players find it tedious.

- There's no innate abilities, all abilities are "powders" which are spent on use. Both spells and physical abilities are powders. They have attributes prerequisites.
You can craft them. There's a lot of running around and looking for flowers, while holding the highlight key.

- You need to eat or you'll stop regenerating Mana/hp.

- XP loss (since there's no XP, you lose attributes) on death with partial loot drop.

- Open pvp with some reputation, though I'm not sure how the rep works yet.

- Guilds can supposedly capture castles, but I've not reached this content yet.

- Interesting "partially turn in quests" mechanic. E.g. the NPC wants 10 wolf pelts. You can turn in 5, and the NPC keeps it for you while you look for another 5. I guess it makes sense in the loot drop game.

After 5 hours, I'm still on the newbie island, where I need to gather a shit ton of money to pay for passage to the mainland.

The downside is that it's very unoptimized and you get stutters all the time as the engine does a Sync load of some resources, I think. The game started developing a long time ago, so seems like they didn't upgrade to newer functionality that the engine offers nowadays.
Also, I've been watching it for a while and the development has been very slow. I don't know why.

ADL

Prophet
This damn near identical to Mortal Online 2. How is it different and what makes it worth the price of admission?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did anyone here tested in Linux with Proton? I wnana try this game but honestly I will not install M$ bloatware/spyware only for this game. And protondb is not saying anything useful.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
A few other things I forgot to mention that are not standard:

- Attributes are leveled up collectively in party, e.g. a party member is a tank and gets hit, you get some slow level up in endurance.

- There's a cheap scroll to respec, so you can respec attributes leveled up in party into whichever ones you actually need.

How is the gear dependency in this game?
I got no idea what you mean by this, but mobs went from hitting me for 500 hp to hitting me for 30 hp after I stacked up a bunch of physical resists from gear.
This means I can still get killed easily in PvP with spells, because now I have 0 Mag Resist. But mobs are mostly physical on the first island.
However, this means if I want to compete with someone for some boss spawn, they'll kick my ass.

I also wasn't able to use some spells because of stats, but got some gear to raise the required stats and now I'm using them.
Gear is pretty important.

Of course it's not soul bound.

And people are saying there's a blacksmith specialization, and they craft gear.
Specializations are unlocked at level 15.

Some specializations require you to go 60.60 (60 levels physical, 60 levels magic), others require 60.15 or 15.60, so are easier to level up.
You do a quest to acquire the specialization at level 15. Not sure if you can respec it later.

I'm still level 12.12 after 15 hours of playing.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This damn near identical to Mortal Online 2. How is it different and what makes it worth the price of admission?
I didn't play MO2.

Did anyone here tested in Linux with Proton? I wnana try this game but honestly I will not install M$ bloatware/spyware only for this game. And protondb is not saying anything useful.
It's an unreal engine game with nothing fancy on top. So if other UE4/5 games work for you, this one will too.
This also means they can do a Linux build later on if asked a lot.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Brought the game, tomorrow I will gonna try. Seems much more interesting than the wow clone Nº861165615

About gear dependency, you can see the gear dependency comparing Diablo 2 with 3. In Diablo 3, even spells, summons and unarmed attacks scale with your weapon which magically disappear in mid of animation. In Diablo 1/2, you can beat the game naked. And D1 had the "beyond naked" challenge, where you use cursed gear to make you weaker.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Played the tutorial, after I did the tutorial and leaved, the game just crashed "fatal error", so I had to ask refund. TBH I din't liked much this "powder" consumable skill system.

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Played the tutorial, after I did the tutorial and leaved, the game just crashed "fatal error", so I had to ask refund. TBH I din't liked much this "powder" consumable skill system.
What about using "M$ bloatware/spyware" in a VM or sandbox? DO YOU HAVE HYPERVISOR? ESXI?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"M$ bloatware/spyware" in a VM or sandbox?

Din't liked much the powder system. I will wait till the game get more update to try again. For now, I will play Geneforge 2 - Infestation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom