Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Really Obscure RPGs

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Do you really need a no-cd since it would be a mounted iso? There's a few first google choices: game burn world, game copy world, and lonebullet. The last two were being bitches so GBW it was. I really hate those sites.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
On the topic of Dawn of Magic - I remember that when it released, the gaming magazines hyped it up something fierce and it was the hottest thing of the month thanks to the unique mechanic of changing your character's appearance based on the most commonly used magic type.
Finally found these pics.
View attachment 48533View attachment 48534View attachment 48535View attachment 48536View attachment 48537View attachment 48538View attachment 48539View attachment 48540View attachment 48541View attachment 48542View attachment 48543View attachment 48544
The idea of wizards turning into something utterly inhuman as they become more proficient with their element was cool AF. Shame that the game itself was crap.
Possibly inspired by the Dark Sun campaign setting, where extremely high level wizards gradually transform into either a dragon or an avangion.

zc91y7.png
d85zxx.png

Rudra

Literate
Yeah, first one was a blast but haven't played second one yet. Still on my list for summer if I can get some days off.
Do you mind giving me a TLDR review? Is it a good entry point for someone like me who isn't really familiar with blobbers? That's how I found it advertised

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, first one was a blast but haven't played second one yet. Still on my list for summer if I can get some days off.
Do you mind giving me a TLDR review? Is it a good entry point for someone like me who isn't really familiar with blobbers? That's how I found it advertised
I actually can't think of a better entry point for someone who isn't really familiar with blobbers. The UI's straightforward and pleasant, it's mostly fighting, getting stronger, walking and solving simple quests through a reasonable size world, there's no puzzle or anything of the kind where you could get stuck. The character system is easy to apprehend and default difficulty is on the easy side so you can create the party you want to play and it'll be good enough. It's pretty fun too.

Rudra

Literate
I actually can't think of a better entry point for someone who isn't really familiar with blobbers. The UI's straightforward and pleasant, it's mostly fighting, getting stronger, walking and solving simple quests through a reasonable size world, there's no puzzle or anything of the kind where you could get stuck. The character system is easy to apprehend and default difficulty is on the easy side so you can create the party you want to play and it'll be good enough. It's pretty fun too.
Sounds good! I'll grab it and give it a go, see how I feel about it.

Rudra

Literate
CryptRat Cyberarmy i tried Legends of Amberland!

Very cozy vibes, i love how it feels

I also learned I suck dingus at this kind of game and kept getting wiped on normal in the first bandit hideout

time to throw myself at the wall till it clicks because something feels right

I'm just not used to this

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can give some advice,

-At first go with the core classes and avoid most of the hybrid ones. A dwarf warrior is better than a dwarf troll slayer.
-Warriors and knights are really powerful and you can get more of them if you are getting wrecked.
-If you need heals get a bard to help your "healer" class (why not cleric or druid...) If you need damage battlesmith gets a nice damage buff for the party and can cast fireball.
-Enemies can join battle if they see you fightning, try not to fight more than 2 enemies at the first and flee if necessary.
-Bandits are one of the first enemies you face, so they are easier than most except goblins, so git gud with fightning them and goblins. Even the ogres were easy except their leader type variants.
-Most buffs stay on till midnight and will still be active after a rest(probably short) if you won't pass midnight while resting.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom