Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well the 2 factor isn't helping for that.
Except it hasn't happened again since we implemented 2FA.
am5Ajjo_700b.jpg

Athena

Educated
Bargaining phase: maybe it can be at least... less often than every 30 days... your supreme highness...
Can I second this? Once every 90 days or even once a year would be better.
The 30 day countdown has nothing to do with actual 2FA. It doesn't offer additional security, a hacker can't replicate the specific cookie you're using right now. It exists only to annoy you.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Bargaining phase: maybe it can be at least... less often than every 30 days... your supreme highness...
Can I second this? Once every 90 days or even once a year would be better.
The 30 day countdown has nothing to do with actual 2FA. It doesn't offer additional security, a hacker can't replicate the specific cookie you're using right now. It exists only to annoy you.
It is caused by intense laziness of the forum admins.

Some guy haxx0red another guy's account and deleted posts. Now the admins really are usually too lazy to do something about that.

Except! This resulted in a popular thread being unreadable because of a bug in the forum software, and many complaints were made.

Answering complaints is work, so that wasn't going to continue. So the forum admins thought about how they could eliminate these annoying reports.

I'm sure they even considered disabling user reports. At least for a second.

This forum bug could have been fixed, but that would have been work, so instead of fixing the bug, 2FA was introduced and it has a 30 day renewal period.

This renewal period being 30 days is another forum software bug feature, and fixing it also would have meant work.

So it hasn't been and won't be and admins won't receive complaints because of janky threads.

Problem. Solved.

Not.AI

Learned
2FA is why I post much less often...I can't remember...most of the time...both my email password and my forum password. It's like quantum mechanical complementarity.

I'm pretty sure it reduces user activity. (Unless it is desired due to cost?)

Why do the mods want more game discussion to go into the COMMENTS section on YOUTUBE?

Why?

Convenience is king in the modern world. Convenience is joy. Convenience is happiness. I love convenience. You love convenience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom