Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post a screenshot of your first RPG

Melcar

Arcane
I think I see tits there.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Merkwürdigliebe said:
pc_gothic2_02.jpg

Posting this makes me want to replay this game, and give notr a try at the same time.

Wait... you haven't played NotR?

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE, WHAT R U DOIN HERE, GO PLAY IT!

Bloody game won't install on my pc running vista 64 bit, and my old one that I could have used has a fried graphics card.
Also currently playing PS:T for the first time, want to finish that first. :D

Prosper

Educated
My first role playing game was Donkey Kong 64. It takes place in a world where I am a person who needs to complete his/her objectives by beating the game.

Here is a useful image that will give you an idea of what the game was like. You will know because the controller and the game help each other describe to you the experience you will have.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... roller.JPG

dr. one

Augur
bloodwych-game.gif

probably

optionally playable in co-op, but not to the end due to design oversight.

Bruticis

Bah, no Legacy of the Ancients at all? It wasn't my first but it damn sure should have been SOMEONES first in 1987.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
dr. one said:
bloodwych-game.gif

probably

Oh, you played the Spectrum version? At least it was finishable :D The PC version I played was only patched in the nineties, I think - it had a wall instead of a corridor in one place, which was what blocked my progress.

MisterStone

Arcane
Bruticis said:
Bah, no Legacy of the Ancients at all? It wasn't my first but it damn sure should have been SOMEONES first in 1987.

It wasn't my first rpg, but I did play it... until a corrupted warez disk prevented me from gong any further. *sob*

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Elwro said:
Oh, you played the Spectrum version? At least it was finishable :D The PC version I played was only patched in the nineties, I think - it had a wall instead of a corridor in one place, which was what blocked my progress.
:rage:
FUCK!!!!! I unexpectedly stuck in Bloodwych ages ago. Now it makes sense.

Bruticis

MisterStone said:
Bruticis said:

It wasn't my first rpg, but I did play it... until a corrupted warez disk prevented me from gong any further. *sob*

Wasn't there a sequel too, legend of or legacy of something or other? Damn it...slipping my mind now. I should play those again.

dr. one

Augur
Elwro said:

yeah, lucky me :).

i´ve finished the game and it´s been damn chaotic ride. had no maps, didn´t bother mapping myself and don´t even get me started on illusionary walls and other outrageous novelties.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
dr. one said:
i´ve finished the game and it´s been damn chaotic ride. had no maps, didn´t bother mapping myself and don´t even get me started on illusionary walls and other outrageous novelties.
Or "rotator tiles", when the whole level is a big cavern with pillars here and there, and the only form of compass you have is a spell of a short duration :D

serch

Magister
Elwro said:
dr. one said:
bloodwych-game.gif

probably

That was also my first RPG, I didnt learn there was that showstopping bug until 10 years later :(

Turjan

Arcane
For some reason, I completely missed out on the very old titles. I know that I partially played some game of a friend that had a LotR party in top down view, but I don't remember any details at all. On my Atari ST, I only played adventures, flight sims and similar stuff. Then I didn't play any computer games at all for quite a while. After some life changes and a new PC, I finally bought two cRPG's at once. The first one was this:

bg1_2.jpg

Somehow, I didn't get into it on my first attempt and abandoned it quickly. So I tried the other one:

mm6_3.jpg

I absolutely loved it. I played it twice with different parties, which took ages. So, technically, this is my first real cRPG experience.

Only afterwards I returned to my first choice, and this time, I had a blast.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I HAD A CRPG DRAUGHT TOO I PLAYTED ULTIAMA 7 IN 1995 AND REALLY DIDNT TOUCH ANOTHER RPG UNTIL FALLOUT IN 1998 I BOUGHT A NEW PC AND I LOOKED THROUGH THE GAMES AND SAW SOMETHING THAT SAID IT WAS AS AWESOME AS WASTELAND

Bruticis said:
MisterStone said:
Bruticis said:

Wasn't there a sequel too, legend of or legacy of something or other? Damn it...slipping my mind now. I should play those again.

Great games. Fairly easy, but still fun.

There was Questron 1 and 2

And Legacy of the Ancients and Legend of Blacksilver. Blacksilver is the best of the bunch, but no PC port, so you will need to play either the Apple II version or C64 version. Great game. Currently playing through it on my 64 again and Dark Sun on the PC.

First bought this because I was hyped by this "new" CRPG trend:

ultima_iii_-_exodus_02.gif

Didn't find it really special but managed to finish it nevertheless. I was still intrigued so I purchased the sequel and was then hopeleslly hooked:

ultima_iv_-_quest_of_the_avatar_02.gif

I thereafter started to pirate a lot of C64 RPGs and did find the time to finish a great deal of them (was particularly fond of the Interplay, SSI and Origin ones.)

Bruticis

Blackadder said:
Great games. Fairly easy, but still fun.

There was Questron 1 and 2

And Legacy of the Ancients and Legend of Blacksilver. Blacksilver is the best of the bunch, but no PC port, so you will need to play either the Apple II version or C64 version. Great game. Currently playing through it on my 64 again and Dark Sun on the PC.

Legend of Blacksilver, yes that's it! I must replay this at once. Thank you.

jaylittle

Scholar
First game played and beaten:

Kings Quest I EGA on the PC

First RPG game played:

I have no idea. I believe it was either Wasteland or Pool of Radiance on the PC though. Soon after I had Curse of the Azure Bonds too.

First RPG beaten:

Beats the shit out of me. I used to hate RPGs as a kid because they were so unforgiving. Sometime in the 90s I found my ballsack and managed to go back and beat all those games that kicked my ass as a kid (with the exception of Wasteland which still taunts me even today).

Best RPG accomplishment:

Beating Pools of Darkness on Normal difficulty (not that easy shit most beat it with).

Favorite RPG:

Fallout I/II (tied)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom