Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
the game sucks anyway, but backer NPCs ruined the atmosphere from the first village onwards. of course most backers wanted to be special and touched by the gods (which makes the whole concept absurd). i still remember that the first green name-tagged NPC i clicked had some gay story about intolerance and said "yeah, i'm never doing that again."

i'm not saying this game is art in any way, but imagine being a person dedicated to his craft and there are hundreds of retarded children running around mutilating your canvas. it cannot work, no matter the qualities you hold yourself.

You can't even just ignore them and pretend they are regular villagers, since those backer NPCs are dressed extravagantly and stand out no matter what. Right now it feels like Gilded Vale has been invaded by tourists.

which is probably the dumbest thing to show when your intention is to create the impression of a town in decay and suffering from famine. imagine playing dark souls and there is a group of hipsters discussing gender issues around your bonfire while there is rotting flesh all around you.
Isn't that normal? You are talking about Hipsters. They are able to talk about how one of them spilled milk on carpet by an accident, and how he found about that when it was rotten with a terror, while giving helpful advices how to remove the stain from carpet, while there would be hordes of dead bodies of soldiers around them, bodies they made themselves.
However they are smart enough to understand that you are on special diet and you'd be damaged if you ate some of what they are normally eating.

Also if you have sense of smell, there are reason why they smell like that.

Either you tolerate them, or you go around at 500 meter distance around them.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
wtf why are whites a minority in my pseudo-early modern south east asian setting??
Sawyer made the Italians in his setting look like sub-Saharan Africans, and that's just one of the populations you will come across more than white people in this game, and of course they also made all the fish people look vaguely like niggers too. You actually justify this slop? Cuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom