Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Physical Media/Brick & Mortar Stores

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Check out Walmart (well this one). Movies section sucked. Gaming?

Er...

9RzJL1g.jpg

That's it for PC. A little more for consoles.

Where I live PC games just aren't sold anymore unless you're at a flea market shopping for late 90s early 00s software. I bought a copy of the original Fable for shit ang giggles, actually enjoyed it and the chance of playing pc games as I did when I was a kid was super fun.

Civ 5 at 15 bucks is robbery though. Besides, those are most likely Steam codes. So yeah.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Check out Walmart (well this one). Movies section sucked. Gaming?

Er...

9RzJL1g.jpg

That's it for PC. A little more for consoles.

I saw the beginning of the end back when I worked at Wal-mart in the early 2000s. 2004, right before I quit, I remember catching the PC isle. It was Sim City 4, Call of Duty, Deer Hunt, Big Rigs, and a couple racks of Sims and demo disks. I see that 20 years later not much has changed.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I never liked the Sims. To me it looks like you're just playing some Barbie Dreamland game. Surprised there isn't Barbie SIMS expansion tbh. Simpsons Sims.

Last edited:
The danger of playing the sims is having a character who lives in a better house and has a better job than you do

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
I never liked the Sims. To me it loojs like you're just playing some Barbie Dreamland game. Surorised there isn't Barbie SIMS expansion tbh. Simpsons Sims.
Sims 1 and 4 are very dollhouse-esque. 2 and 3 had decent gameplay mechanics with progression and sheeeeeit.

I like the dollhouse tho. Even better with loverslab mods

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
It's been like this for a while. Sadly, it seems like the best way of getting any half-decent game released somewhat recently is to trawl Kickstarters or hope someone who has is selling their copy on Ebay.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Now these vids are popping up:

Damn AI algorithms spying.

let's daial it back years ago

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom