Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Payday 3

Ryzer

Arcane
Also known as DLC simulator 3.
Here is the gameplay reveal:

The steam page is already promising:
G5CvZGv.png

QlGdK9U.png

Some have other issues:
9vdsKYJ.png

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
More like the grind simulator. I spent more than 300 hours in Gayday2 many years ago and it's actually one of the reasons why i hate such games with passion and lost any desire to play multiplayer shit. Well this and Warframe's: "Greetings, tenno, you have to suffer through another boring, grindy event to unlock this exclusive super cool weapon, badge and syandana for your frame". On the other hand i am now immune to this kind of rat-baiting and scummy multiplayer games. Can't even look at them without disgust.

Trolling players with HRL-7 (rpg) was really fun at least. The only weapon capable of dropping your team mate with 1 hit and it's from dlc no less. We used to do that to any moron that joined our game and demanded to go stealth, when it was fucking obvious everyone were using the heavy armor builds.

I'm really happy this game is unavailable in Russia. Noone should be subjected to this kind of mindfucking torture and grind.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
More like the grind simulator. I spent more than 300 hours on Gayday2 many years ago and it's actually one of the reasons why i hate such games with passion and lost any desire to play multiplayer shit. Well this and Warframe's: "Greetings, tenno, you have to suffer through another boring, grindy event to unlock this exclusive super cool weapon, badge and syandana for your frame". On the other hand i am now immune to this kind of rat-baiting and scummy multiplayer games. Can't even look at them without disgust.

Trolling players with HRL-7 (rpg) was really fun at least. The only weapon capable of dropping your team mate with 1 hit and it's from dlc no less. We used to to that to any moron that joined our game and demanded to go stealth, when it was fucking obvious everyone were using the heavy armor builds.

I'm really happy this game is unavailable in Russia. Noone should be subjected to this kind of mindfucking torture and grind.
The worst offense of Payday 2 is that the game weight 90 GB for less than a hundred of 0.5*0.5Km maps and hundreds of weapons which about 10 of them are reskins. This is truly the worst optimization I've seen so far.

Fargus

Arcane
More like the grind simulator. I spent more than 300 hours on Gayday2 many years ago and it's actually one of the reasons why i hate such games with passion and lost any desire to play multiplayer shit. Well this and Warframe's: "Greetings, tenno, you have to suffer through another boring, grindy event to unlock this exclusive super cool weapon, badge and syandana for your frame". On the other hand i am now immune to this kind of rat-baiting and scummy multiplayer games. Can't even look at them without disgust.

Trolling players with HRL-7 (rpg) was really fun at least. The only weapon capable of dropping your team mate with 1 hit and it's from dlc no less. We used to to that to any moron that joined our game and demanded to go stealth, when it was fucking obvious everyone were using the heavy armor builds.

The worst offense of Payday 2 is that the game weight 90 GB for less than a hundred of 0.5*0.5Km maps and hundreds of weapons which about 10 of them are reskins. This is truly the worst optimization I've seen so far.

Game was pretty bloated but nowhere near as 90 gibs when i stopped playing. Holy fuck... I think because every dlc is a part of the game files whether you own it or not lmao. Half of it probably shitty masks anyway. Before they added a bunch of dlc heists i already done every single one of them to death. And only few dlc ones were actually good.

Fargus

Arcane
I think it was grinding the "infamy" player levels that made me give up on this satanic goyslop turd for good. Even before they broke their promise to never implement shitty mtx system.

Ryzer

Arcane
The monetary system looks hideous with shit like season pass (1 year). What's this? It means even if you pay the most expensive edition, you don't get access to the latest content:
pd3_Editions_new.png

Yearly season pass should be torched in flames.

I think it was grinding the "infamy" player levels that made me give up on this satanic goyslop turd for good. Even before they broke their promise to never implement shitty mtx system.
Instantly stopped playing when the pay-to-win drills dropped. Even before that there was still a lot of bullshit re DLC requirements to hit damage breakpoints with certain weapon classes.

IIRC when I quit you could run a pub OVK viable Mastermind build without having to do infamy grind. Never had a reason to use the other classes once I got there aside from Ghost for stealth heists with friends.

It's a shame that Overkill squandered what they had with Payday 2. It was a genuinely fun co-op shooter before they ran it into the ground.

Ryzer

Arcane

TL:DR In addition to Stealth, there will be:
- Search (Guards are directly looking for you)
- Negotiations (trading civils)
It's located in New York, focusing more on the core fundamentals of the Payday franchise like Payday the heist instead of Payday 2. No more stupid collaborations and it's centered around the 4 primary crews + 2 unknown.
Still, the monetary system will remain cancer nonetheless.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Not only did they monetize their game for 40 $ + yearly season passes but the game will also feature Microtransactions in the form of Payday credits.
qpb13mon1m5b1.jpg

It's up there with one of the most horrible monetization system I've ever seen.
This is after the terrible update 237 which implements Epic games to Payday 2 destroying the entire matchmaking of the game but also the modding community.
It is so terrible that it crashed for the developer Almir as well due to the god-awful matchmaking. Many fans who used to play Payday 2 (he is from belarus) a lot like

Stopped playing after this as a final snap to Payday.
The developers use their franchise as a cashcow and their community like pigs.

Modron

Arcane
That's the future, all multiplayer games regardless of what platform you buy them on will increasingly use EOS if they want to be on the Epic Games Store and games which didn't used to use it will have it frankensteined into them.

ind33d

Learned
Overwatch 2 getting cancelled should have resulted in Payday 3's budget tripling

Ryzer

Arcane
Apparently, the game seems pretty good so far. (Take it with a grain of salt since he is an Overkill partner).

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Payday 3 requires an always-on online connection:​

https://www.eurogamer.net/payday-3-requires-an-always-on-online-connection

When asked if Payday 3 will have "an offline mode, like playing solo", Almir replied: "No. You will be able to play it by yourself, but I do believe you will have to have a connection in order to play because it's made in the Unreal Engine, it's using cross-progression, [and] cross-play. I do believe we need you to be online."

ind33d

Learned
Apparently, the game seems pretty good so far. (Take it with a grain of salt since he is an Overkill partner).

ow2 being cancelled and l4d3 being delayed indefinitely is like god answering payday 3's prayers

payday will be good if they stop with the cringe anime shit and keep it more grounded, payday 2 post DLC was a shitshow

0wca

Learned
Well, it's out.

The only improvement I've seen so far is being able to close doors (hold your applause) and take human shields.

Other than that it's just Payday 2 all over again, except now with even more braindead AI.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Payday 2 was awesome back when you platoed at 5th level of infamy and the only DLCs were weapon skins nobody cared about too much. The good times from the original heists will live on in my memory.

Well, it's out.

The only improvement I've seen so far is being able to close doors (hold your applause) and take human shields.

Other than that it's just Payday 2 all over again, except now with even more braindead AI.

Somehow looks and sounds cheap compared to 2 even though the technical quality of the assets is presumably higher.

Music dull as well but they didn’t get Viklund this time out so somewhat expected.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RIP: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/busin...-tobias-sj-gren-with-payday-3-in-dire-straits

Starbreeze ousts CEO Tobias Sjögren with Payday 3 in dire straits​

The company recently told investors the shooter was performing at 'significantly lower levels' than expected, and now it's looking for a new CEO.

Payday 3 developer Starbreeze believes it needs "different leadership" to bolster the performance of its own franchises and is looking for a new CEO as a result.

In a notice to investors, the Swedish company explained it has bid farewell to CEO Tobias Sjögren after three years at the helm and is searching for a new long-term successor. In the meantime, board member Juergen Goeldner has been named interim CEO and will take office with immediate effect.

Changes to Starbreeze leadership​

Goeldner has spent 40 years in the game industry and previously served as CEO of Focus Home Interactive. He has been a Starbreeze board member since 2023.

Discussing Sjögren's departure, Starbreeze chairman Torgny Hellström suggested the company is searching for a leader that can more effectively execute on its current business strategy.

"The company has a clear strategy centered around creating attractive games on our own and licensed IPs. The board’s consolidated assessment is that the execution of strategy needs a different leadership," said Hellstrom.

"On behalf of the board of directors, I would like to thank Tobias Sjögren for his achievements during the past three years. Tobias took over the helm of Starbreeze in a challenging phase of its journey and we wish him well in his future endeavors."

Goeldner will combine his duties as interim CEO with his role on the Starbreeze board. "Starbreeze has a strong history of developing and publishing games globally. After launching Payday 3, the company is well-positioned to leverage the strengths of the organization to monetize and develop the IP portfolio," he said.

"I am looking forward to assuming an operative position and, together with the management, ensure the execution of this strategy."

Last month, Starbreeze revealed that Payday 3 is performing at "significantly lower levels" than it anticipated, and noted that both sales and player activity have failed to meet expectations. The company said reinvigorating the title is currently its "biggest focus and absolute priority."

Doomed before development had started even without years of accrued bad will towards the studio.

Even if it was any good there's probably too much competition in the current co-op wave shooter market for it to reach the share investors would want.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Even if it was any good there's probably too much competition in the current co-op wave shooter market for it to reach the share investors would want.
one of the biggest problems was that they were competing with themselves... twice over. Both Payday 1 and 2 are still played. The only reason they didn't shut them both down is just imagine the backlash they would have gotten if they pulled an overwatch 2. Hell look at what happened to the new CS. You can tell this was probably what they wanted to do but also knew they didn't have the social currency necessary to do it. Scumbag devs, they deserve this outcome.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
The only reason they didn't shut them both down
the games are peer to peer. as long as their steam pages are up, so are the games.
what happened to the new CS
nothing? the game is doing the same numbers it did pre-CS2 announcement.
You can tell this was probably what they wanted to do
no it wasnt because no company in their right mind would shut down a game that costs them nothing to operate and still makes money. especially not one that has an outlook as grim as starbreeze.
PD2 to PD3 isnt just an engine port or a paid multiplayer shooter being replaced with a free multiplayer shooter with a balance patch.

what starbreeze wanted to do is just make another payday 2. make a slightly barebones game, sell DLCs and cosmetics on a seasonal basis. it failed because the launch was botched and the game wasnt that great. its still possible for them to recover since PD2 had a really botched first year too, though no where near as disastrous as PD3. they will probably fulfill their promised content roadmap. after that there's either bankruptcy or going back to PD2 if PD3 doesn't work out which would be both embarrassing and funny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom