Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Palworld - basically pro slavery Pokemon game - now available on Early Access

flyingjohn

Arcane
It went from 2,100,000 players to 75,000 in 2 months. It's losing to Stardew Valley, another (much older) sim game.

Biggest meme in the videogame industry.
I wonder why you haven't posted the pre update numbers of 60k? Stardew valley update inflated the numbers and once any major palword update is announced/released, the same will happen.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
It went from 2,100,000 players to 75,000 in 2 months. It's losing to Stardew Valley, another (much older) sim game.

I wonder why you haven't posted the pre update numbers of 60k? Stardew valley update inflated the numbers and once any major palword update is announced/released, the same will happen.
One could also wonder why he doesn't compare Palworld numbers with likes of Diablo 4, Starfield or Suicide Squad?

Myobi

Liturgist
"Palworld will show to greedy AAA developers what gamers really want"

https://insider-gaming.com/palworld...on-steam-since-launch-but-you-shouldnt-worry/

According to SteamDB, Palworld has lost 97% of its peak player count on Steam. In fact, since the beginning of March, when player counts were still hovering around 275,000 daily players, the game has consistently lost thousands of players per day down to a recent 24-hour peak of just 69,850 as of writing.
This is that sort of take that I'll never know if its a fairly decent troll attempt or just a legit ass retarded take on it.

BG3 also had 450,000 players after launch and now is holding to 80,000. It's a singleplayer/co-op game, went viral, had an absurd amount of sales at launch, people completed the content and moved to other games.

Not every game has to be a live service meant to milk the shit out of you for life... regardless, Palworld still holding a 75,000 avrg player in the last 30 days, that's still pretty good for a small company title.

Stardew Valley just got a big content update, people returned to play it., as it happens with most games, and as will happen with Palword.

I'll repeat, is a small game that went viral, it blew up, had a fuck ton of sales, people cleared and moved out into others games till it gets new content.

"2,100,000" online player peak on Steam alone, and somehow you are trying to paint this as a defeat... are you okay buddy?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Stardew Valley just got a big content update, people returned to play it., as it happens with most games, and as will happen with Palword.

I'll repeat, is a small game that went viral, it blew up, had a fuck ton of sales, people cleared and moved out into others games till it gets new content.

"2,100,000" online player peak on Steam alone, and somehow you are trying to paint this as a defeat... are you okay buddy?
The funny part is that the devs were hoping for 50k players, as a fabulously optimistic number.

Lhynn

Arcane
I imagine they are still working on their netcode, as playing online seems very laggy and not worth it.

Lhynn

Arcane
sudden change of heart: how the hell can you have a pokemon game WITHOUT EVOLUTIONS?!
You have breeding, which in a way is like fusions that let you have endgame pals earlier. Its a pretty fun and involved system

That said, id love it if they gave us an update with evolutions.

yeah but one of the first and firmest principles of any pokemon game is "thou shalt suffer to no end with this magicarp until it suddenly becomes your best beast".

Last edited:
yeah but one of the first and firmest principles of any pokemon game is "thou shalt suffer to no end with this magicarp until it suddenly becomes your best beast".

It's possible to do that with selective breeding, by having to breed weak monsters a number of times until you can breed a stronger one. Like in Dragon Warrior Monsters.

The youth will be indoctrinated into eugenics. Selective breeding is the key to the future.

Mauman

Learned
Is it wrong that I was most excited by the new weapons?

Not that the pals weren't great or anything, just love me some flamethrowers and pulse rifles.

Myobi

Liturgist
Hows the game right now? Has been most of those annoying ass bugs where Pals would keep getting stuck around the base fixed or...?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Is it wrong that I was most excited by the new weapons?

Not that the pals weren't great or anything, just love me some flamethrowers and pulse rifles.
it is good, i however hope that one day a playstyle without base would be viable. To beat last boss alone I had to craft 1k ak47 ammo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom