Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Outer Worlds Free in a Week

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Midget cope
TyrionToastUse-615x346.png

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Outer Worlds is one of those "not even worth a pirate" type of games
Are you sure, that's not Chinese whisper working? For all I see, Outer Worlds on its own is an okeyish FPS with RPG elements; it has some poor, some bland, and some bright moments.

The crux of the matter lied in Obsidian falsely baiting the Fallout audience (and others) into thinking they were buying something they had longed to have—a righteous, almost immersive-sim FPS/RPG experience from a one-against-many kind of developer. Whereas, what came out was a somewhat wacky, somewhat bland, somewhat okay FPS with uninspiring RPG elements and a lot less choice than advertised from a studio that was somewhere in the middle of their woeful fall-from-grace period.

Last edited:
Wasteland 2
I really wish that Heroic Launcher would incorporate Itch.io as another thing they could scrape titles from. I tried Lutris, but it was no where near as easy to use as Heroic Launcher, even though it can technically do just about everything.
Sorry for the double post, just saw this. I felt similarly about Lutris until Heroic completely ruined all of my games setup for the third time, it really is not difficult to use once you spend a few minutes with it. If you go into the GOG (*Edit - Epic) panel and login, it is practically identical to the Heroic UI, something I didn't realize initially.
It looks to me like having a single folder on desktop with few shortcuts to rarely used launchers inside, is way less of a hassle than whatever bullshit you contrarian snowflakes use.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Outer Worlds is one of those "not even worth a pirate" type of games
Are you sure, that's not Chinese whisper working? For all I see, Outer Worlds on its own is an okeyish FPS with RPG elements; it has some poor, some bland, and some bright moments.

The crux of the matter lied in Obsidian falsely baiting the Fallout audience (and others) into thinking they were buying something they longed to have—a righteous, almost immersive-sim FPS/RPG experience from a one-against-many kind of developer. Whereas, what came out was a somewhat wacky, somewhat bland, somewhat okay FPS with uninspiring RPG elements and a lot less choice than advertised from a studio that was somewhere in the middle of their woeful fall-from-grace period.
"it's good for what it is"
:pete:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The crux of the matter lied in Obsidian falsely baiting the Fallout audience (and others) into thinking they were buying something they longed to have—a righteous, almost immersive-sim FPS/RPG experience from a one-against-many kind of developer.
The previews were pretty bad for this also, the interviews were steering in this direction - not the answers but the questions themselves. Like I said earlier, they were riding the hype wave of anger over Fallout 76. Now, imagine if Private Division had seen what was going on and decided that Outer Worlds should be what every bit of the gaming press was not just hoping the game was but downright expecting. They were handed a PR event that's once in a decade, maybe longer, and they fucked it up big time. I think Private Division was wanting Borderlands with more mass appeal, and that's what they were pushing, but the market was screaming for New Vegas in Space after Bethesda completely screwed the pooch with Fallout 76. I'm pretty sure people would have been willing to wait an extra year to get it, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom