Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spiderweb Ordering Spiderweb Software on CD

Mad_Dog

Liturgist
What are the CDs like? Does Jeff Vogel burn them himself, or are they nice pressed ones? Is it worth the extra cash?

Spazmo

Erudite
I think I would spring for it if it came with a nifty box I could proudly display on my Game Box Shelf.

Mad_Dog

Liturgist
If he burns them, it isn't worth it, but if they are pressed and come in a jewel case with some funky cover art, I'm all over them.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Spazmo said:
display on my Game Box Shelf

He-he, same reasoning. I too have a Game Box Shelf that I carefully rearrange every now and then trying to display my entire collection of The Most Memorable Boxes Evar and a solid stack of CDs. Last year I bought some frames at Ikea, framed my favourite CDs and made my very own Wall of Fame. Needles to say Fallout is at the top. :lol:

Psilon

Erudite
When I ordered Geneforge a while ago, it was a CDR with a printed label.

Since then, I got the Avernum pack for Christmas--now they're pressed, but still essentially a CD in a plastic case. No box or fancy packaging, I'm afraid.

Spazmo

Erudite
Aww... Well, I'll just put a notice on my Game Box Shelf that reads, "Reserved for Geneforge."

So far, I only have seven boxes on my Shelf, msotly because I've only recently started keeping my boxes. I arranged them on a high shelf so that Neverwinter Nights is right at the back and can't be seen without climbing up.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
When Kreegle ordered Geneforge, it was a nicely pressed CD with the Geneforge art on the front. I regret not ordering the CD with Geneforge, frankly. I do have Avernum 1-3 on CD, and they're all on pressed CDs as well.

However, there is no game box. Vogel does provide cases for the CDs, which are some really friggin' cool "clam shell" looking deals, as opposed to jewel cases.

It costs $4 more to get the CD, so it's worth it.

Mad_Dog

Liturgist
Can you post a picture of the cases? They sound cool, but I'm not picturing it...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I bought a scanner a few years ago. It shipped without the drivers. I finally got the drivers for it, but it's never worked right. It's in the closet right now. :)

Basically, it looks like a flat, transparent clam shell. The tail of the clam shell is where the hinge for the case is. It's round, and that's where the CD goes.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Kreegle was nice enough to scan it for you.

geneforgecd.jpg

There you go. Looks like a clam shell, doesn't it?

Spazmo

Erudite
Nice, but not enough for the extra $4 US, which is enough to feed a family of six for a year in Canada. I'll just order the no-frills version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom