Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Obsidian's Creative-Bankruptcy compared to Other Non-Obsidian Upcoming large CRPGs... Is there any hope for Obsidian to ever make it big?

Nope. All the cool guy's have left obsidian, so no, they won't be able to produce anything cool either.

9ted6

Educated
Amateurish writing by Californian hipsters and nobodies. Evident by lore dumps and high exposition everywhere.
It's truly a credit to Deadfire's writing that it managed to bore me even though it's set in my favorite setting.

Exotic tropical area, pirates, barefoot women :M , gunpowder weapons, island hopping... it has everything I like.

But whenever a character opens his mouth I get bored to death. LOREDUMP LOREDUMP quirky one-liner that reeks of 21st century lingo LOREDUMP.
Fucking terrible.
i think a better example how incompetently obsidian handles their worldbuilding in PoE 1 and 2 is that someone decided it is a smart move to reveal THE BIGGEST MYSTERY IN TEH WORLD (origin of the gods) in their first installment and then manage to make it even more ridiculous by making the gods some quarreling children, who need to rely on a lvl 1 PC to solve their problems.
Reminds me of how Bioware revealed the setting's omnipotent maker god is a bald elf redditor. I bet PoE fans ate it up just like Inquisition's though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom