Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Oblivion mage quests (highly intricate stuff)

bryce777

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
bryce777 said:
A fedex quest in mount and blade simply has you collect some garbage and get some coins, or the motivation in oblivion is just to do quest x only to get ino the mage's guild and it has nothing at all to do with the rest of the game....

Well, even the "Deliver this package to the next town and I'll pay you a stack of gold!" is a lot better than the mage guild quests in Morrowind. At least with a statement like that let's the player make the choice to do it. Do I need gold? Is the gold worth the trip out to the other location? However, making pointless fedex quests as part of a linear string with no actual or decent reward is just flippin' lame.

That is true. In mount and blade theya re just one offs, unfortunately you are forced to do the stupid things, though.

The whole formulaic advance within the guilds quests that have nothing to do with the rest of the game is just braindead, though. It is not horrifying, but when you consider most of the quests are likely along the same lines then it does not look good for the game....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom