Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWNForBG - bizarre mod that recreates NWN OC in BG2 engine with ripped Pillars of Eternity assets(!)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Okay, I installed it. It says I need 1'350'000 xp, or the equivalent of 13th level. I CLUAConsole it to myself, along with some gear. Go into NWN. Get assaulted by multiple 18 level mages who cast Timestop + Imprison.

I kite the fight for 40-50 minutes, finally win. I don't even have Freedom scroll (nor would my 13th level read it from a scroll anyway). It's fucked up.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Where are the screenshots?
7ffc3556-917d-59f1-a0df-74a96bfc440d
Something bad happened to the game fonts during the modding process. That's unreadable!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
We must always remind ourselves that no matter how shit a game or campaign is, there are staunch fans of it that will recreate it in different engines given the chance. It's kind of like horror movies, some people are frightened when given even an inch.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Was going to post the bad gurrl version, but fell into a fanart / cosplay hole. I'm surprised there's so much of it, even newly made with AI!

ai_gen____aribeth_de_tylmarande_newinterpretation_by_lightspeed2ai_dg4mkts-375w-2x.jpg

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
turducken
Very obscure but excellent reference.

For those not in the know, 'turducken' refers to a mythical yet actual culinary creation by none other than (American) NFL coach and legendary TV announcer John Madden (yes, of the Madden football video game franchise fame) that, one Thanksgiving eve during an NFL game he was doing color commentary for, he introduced to his TV partner (Al Michaels) and to a bewildered TV audience.

The turducken was a Thanksgiving turkey that was stuffed with a duck that was, in turn, stuffed itself with a chicken. The whole thing was then filled with stuffing and baked and presented as a main dish. When Madden revealed it and attempted to cut it open for the audience to see, while explaining in his own unique manner, he actually used his hands to break it apart and a legend was born.

Now you might understand this article's author's reference to it in regards to the bizzare game.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
All this convoluted story about the turduken, when it's quite obvious people have been eating chicken-stuffed turd.

Thanksgiving is nothing but reality coming home to roost.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The only authoritative depiction of Aribeth de Tylmarande is on the NWN OG wallpapers and splash screens.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Another reason for this could be taking advantage of full party control (which Nwn doesnt have)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This is actually great because now I can play NWN1 OC in a vastly superior engine and prove that NWN's problem is not the lame OC, but the shit-tier engine.
My initial feelings as well.

But as soon as you transition from BG2 to NWN, you're hit with an immediately apparent stark difference in quality. The writing is worse (more verbose, boring, primitive), the soundtrack is like a funeral song compared to BG2's energetic and memorable drums, and the voice acting went from the direction "we have a game with abstract graphics, so I want you to overplay a little to compensate it with theatrical drama" to no direction, from which the voice actors drew the conclusion that they're voicing something for the kids and must voice it like children's cartoons.

Unfortunately it took me 20 years to realize this. NWN's everything sucks ass.

Post your own conclusions here when you get them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom