Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review NWN2 Beta impressions

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Because BG sis dead. And, saying soemthing is dead is NOT the same as disliking it. I like BG. A LOT. I also love my grandma; but guess what? She's dead too. I'm just telling the truth as lying is WRONG.

People who go on, and on, and on about ancient games like BG, FO, Ultima, and so on ar4 delsuional freaks who should let them go.

Game over.

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
P.S. Welcome to Dumbfucks Inc.,The Walkin' Dude. Why did you recieve this great honour?

Probably because of the alts. See the retardo land if you wish to know.

Ladonna said:
It sounds average. KOTOR2 in Fantasyland. If its not too bad I will buy it, but only because theres nothing else bothering about in a few months time.

Sounds of average? I think not. It certainly made an impresson on me that the dialogs, influence and skill checks are quite important. But we will see. KotOR 2 ones were quite nice but there were huge amounts of dialog options that gave totally the same results. I hope this was because of lack of time and that everything had to have voiceovers.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Volourn said:
Because BG sis dead. And, saying soemthing is dead is NOT the same as disliking it. I like BG. A LOT. I also love my grandma; but guess what? She's dead too. I'm just telling the truth as lying is WRONG.

Then why do you lie so much? You like to say I like POR2 for instance, and that I am a coward for whatever xrazy volourn logic reason.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Then why do you lie so much?"

Because, nobody is perfect. Sometimes, even the Great Volourn can do wrong.

" You like to say I like POR2 for instance,"

Deny all you want. Doesn't make it any less true.

" and that I am a coward for whatever xrazy volourn logic reason."

This is an undisputable fact. Youw ere labeled a dumbfcuk, and you took a fit and ran away like a cowards. Mere seconds later you began this new account as you were too cowardly to stick with the Dumbfucked title persona. That's why you are a coward.

obediah

Erudite
Volourn said:
This is an undisputable fact. Youw ere labeled a dumbfcuk, and you took a fit and ran away like a
cowards. Mere seconds later you began this new account as you were too cowardly to stick with the Dumbfucked title persona. That's why you are a coward.

Maybe he's just a pansie girly-boy. Maybe his mother was raped by savage dumbfucks, and to see that title above his avatar was too much. Maybe he's just a drama queen that lacked the conviction to stick to his enraged threats.

It's makes me wonder what 'undisputable' and 'fact' are wired to in your brain - they certainly aren't the same concepts most of us are used to.

Ladonna

Arcane
Fuck you remind me of the Great Wahooka. Your a dead ringer Volourn... :lol:

And I am glad its made an impression on the others here. As I said, eventually I may pick it up and have a play, but its been the same old same old. And not the same old that I would normally enjoy. If this was built in the TOEE engine, with a fleshed out story, roleplaying, etc, then I would be jumping on it quicker than a blink.

obediah

Erudite
Ladonna said:

And I am glad its made an impression on the others here. As I said, eventually I may pick it up and have a play, but its been the same old same old. And not the same old that I would normally enjoy. If this was built in the TOEE engine, with a fleshed out story, roleplaying, etc, then I would be jumping on it quicker than a blink.

I'll buy it, although probably not right away (wait for bug fixes and fan content). The return of BGII style combat is what makes me think I'll be able to get my $50 out of it with fan-made modules. It's like I'm a whore - oh thank you kind developers for replacing an excruciating combat-engine with a merely annoying one.

Texas Red

Whiner
Ladonna said:

Yeah, well it isnt the fault of the developers. Atari owns the rights to both ToEE and NWN. Obsidian needs support at the moment to release quality games later on. If Obsidian wouldnt agree, then Atari would get some retarded mainstream company to do the work. Personally I think there is nobody better for the job other than Obsidian.

But of course I agree that there should be a game designed with the ToEE engine. Much potential. But Atari cant risk at their current state in releasing a 2D SP only CRPG.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
I was going to post something about how I hope NWN2 actually turns out to be an enjoyable game, and I do have some small hope that it will. However, I really just want to point and laugh at the name stealing bastard who go Dumbfucked, so I'm going to do that instead.

Texas Red

Whiner
Walkin' Dude said:
I was going to post something about how I hope NWN2 actually turns out to be an enjoyable game, and I do have some small hope that it will. However, I really just want to point and laugh at the name stealing bastard who go Dumbfucked, so I'm going to do that instead.

I dont give a shit. This is an RPG site, not a group of people I know personally. You are a moron if you think this affects me in any way.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Yeah, well it isnt the fault of the developers."

Yes. Yes, it is.

"was going to post something about how I hope NWN2 actually turns out to be an enjoyable game, and I do have some small hope that it will. However, I really just want to point and laugh at the name stealing bastard who go Dumbfucked, so I'm going to do that instead."

You are an idiot. In order to steal someone's name they have to own it. You don't own it so it's not stealing.

Moron.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
3.5E Clerics are the most munchkinized and min/max-able core class in D&D. And if you add the Complete Divine splat book, then they are even more uber and overpowered. There's even a feat in there that lets Clerics cast like Sorcerors.

Numerically speaking, and in overall prepared-for-anything terms. a party of Clerics with different domains and gods and select feats from Complete Divine are the best party for almost any situation you could find yourself in.

Ladonna

Arcane
I hope Druids haven't been Vaaned again. In NWN they sucked arse next to a cleric, and I have always enjoyed playing a tree hugger.

Edit: Just answered my own question, they are ripped. Is it just these two Devs, or are the 3.5 rules basically anti Druid/Pro Cleric? If you have a look at the manual, it shows that Druids have almost the same spells as clerics, but less of them.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"In NWN they sucked arse next to a cleric"

No. Clerics are great; but theya re soooooooooooooo overrated.

Texas Red

Whiner
Ladonna said:
I hope Druids haven't been Vaaned again. In NWN they sucked arse next to a cleric, and I have always enjoyed playing a tree hugger.

I see you dont visit the official forums(many threads regarding the nature lovers rose up). I am a druid lover as well. I was disappointet to learn that, yes, they *were* "vaaned"(you unleashed a new word upon the world).

The shifting abilities of the druids were left unchanged. They are still as pointless as they were in NWN 1. There are no additional feats for them, no tiny/small/etc. shapes, only the Wild Shape that improves only once. There are no additional attacks and no skills given through changing and nor are there any new shapes(in fact the Panther was removed) So yeah, one of the most important sides of druids in D&D is completely and utterly without a point in NWN 2. Sawyer said that it wasnt "on the list of priorities" and he couldnt change it(he is a druid fan himself, see IWD 2) because he came late in to the development. But apperantly "the list of priorities" featured making 2-ability-having lame PrCs instead of improving the butchered core class.

Secondly, druids recieved less new spells than any other spellcasting class. Yes, even the clerics with their ridiculous amounts of unique and overpowered spells got more. Truth to be told I think there is only 1 new level 2 spell for druids. Others are those attribute raising 2nd level spells that they didnt have in NWN 1 for some reason and the mass healers.

Oh, and the high level evocation spells havent been changed! Call Lightining, a 3rd level spell, will still be miles better than those bombardments and earthquakes.

Of course you may know this already, but the druid specific PrC, the shifter, has been removed. No other ones were added for the Druid.

There are, however, 2 new feats for druids and they can spontanuesly cast summoning spells.

Texas Red

Whiner
Ladonna said:
Well, thats wonderful....just wonderful....

Hmmm, Mills just wrote:

"Druid is getting a lot of neat stuff in the first patch, so you might consider that."

"I only know my little piece of it, which was new druid spells from the Spell Compendium. Nine in total (one for each level.) Eight of them are directly from SC, one of them is original.

Druids got at least one other goodie, but I'll leave that as a surprise."

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Volourn said:
"Then why do you lie so much?"

Because, nobody is perfect. Sometimes, even the Great Volourn can do wrong.

" You like to say I like POR2 for instance,"

Deny all you want. Doesn't make it any less true.

" and that I am a coward for whatever xrazy volourn logic reason."

This is an undisputable fact. Youw ere labeled a dumbfcuk, and you took a fit and ran away like a cowards. Mere seconds later you began this new account as you were too cowardly to stick with the Dumbfucked title persona. That's why you are a coward.

How can I be a coward over the interweb?

Now, it doesn't take much effort to realize that you think you are brave for staying here in spite of your title. Personally, I think it just makes you a REAL dumbfuck.

Here's why.

Say you wandered into a block party. You don't really know anyone, and start to mingle. Well, everyone starts to call you a stupid asshole for the things you say and do. Ok, maybe it is not your fault, though. Then, after hours of this, the owner of the house comes out with a giant sign in letters a foot high that says DUMBFUCK!!! and makes you wear it around your neck if you want to stay.

Now, obvious you are not welcome.

Any rational person would do one of two things. They would first look at their behavior, and see if they were at fault. If so, they might want to amend their habits and stay and still have fun. Or, whether it was deserved or not (in their opinion) they might decide they do NOT want to mend their ways or that they have been wronged, and would then just leave sicne they obviously are not welcome.

The other option, the option of irrational dumbfucks like you, would be to NOT change their ways and NOT leave and instead argue incessantly with the owner of the house about how stupid he is and how astroturf is obviously better than grass even though you have never set foot on astroturf before.

That's what makes you a dumbfuck and me a normal, rational human being.

sheek

Arbiter
But hey, Bryce, you also haven't changed your ways and you didn't leave...

And the is Codex really like a block party?

Texas Red

Whiner
"The other option, the option of irrational dumbfucks like you, would be to NOT change their ways and NOT leave and instead argue incessantly with the owner of the house about how stupid he is and how astroturf is obviously better than grass even though you have never set foot on astroturf before."

Except this is the internet and the other the real life. Obviously there is a huge difference.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Now, obvious you are not welcome."

Sure, I am. If the Codex REALLY didn't want me they could always ban me. I've even told them so, and theyr efsue to. This shows me - at least for now - that I am welcomed here.

When they ban me then I'll know I'm unwellcomed.

No matter what bullshit you post, you are still a coward. They give you a Dumbfuck title and youa re still here. All you did was change your name. If Dumbfuck was really something they give people they don't want here why are you still here.

The Codex bans those they don't want here - ie. bots.

So, keep crying COWARD. It's great fun! :D

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Volourn said:
People who go on, and on, and on about ancient games like BG, FO, Ultima, and so on ar4 delsuional freaks who should let them go.

Game over.
I like games like FO and the Ultimas. I realize they're not coming back, but that doesn't mean I have to like what we're stuck with instead. How does that make me delusional?

Jim Kata

Arbiter
sheek said:
But hey, Bryce, you also haven't changed your ways and you didn't leave...

And the is Codex really like a block party?

My illiterate title was revoked, and the person who gave it was neither saint nor vd, the only two admins who I really identify as legitimate.

elander_

Arbiter
C'mon JK youre arguing with Vorlun. Even if you win you will be retarded anyway.

On NWN2 the games looks like it will beat BG1/2 in terms of dialog but i can only say for sure after playing it.

The pause system is what realy sucks. After playing FT, JA and ToEE anything they do with pause sistems and rt just playes like crap.

Why can't they make two systems? One that is pure tb and another that is rt with pause or whatever crap they want and let us switch bewteen them at will? We just aren't worth the trouble but worst than this its that it seams nobody has the passion for quality gameplay like Troika had anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom