Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-Based Tactics No plan B: plan and go SWAT game

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://noplanbgame.com

It seems to be like Door Kicker, but you need to plan the whole mission in one go.
I tried the demo during last festival, and the UI was solid (it is really critical in this kind of games).
It requires a lot of accuracy to get things right, though. I haven't played the early access build.
It is made by the developer of Gladiabots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retardo

Learned
I've got it recently, and it is really cool.
It uses the same formula as door kickers - i e you get squad, buy skills with points and weapons with money, draw paths and coordinate etc.
The main difference would be the strict limitation of having to plan all mission beforehand, that in turn requires you to synchronise all the actions of your guys using precise timeline.
There are some other differences, like having different teams with different stats - i e SWAT guys are beefier, but bandits aim faster, operators getting fatigue from campaign missions, and other, but they are all superficial.
It's rather polished and has a very solid amount of content for this price, possibly more than DK2.

Also, there's a positive review from DK2 dev:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/elanaiba/recommended/1269020/

Harthwain

Magister
"Make a plan and if something goes wrong you just die" doesn't sound like an upside to me, compared to games like Frozen Synapse (which was excellent in terms of predicting what COULD go wrong and adjusting for that). I don't think this will sell well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom