Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Baron Tahn

Scholar
A fair opinion. But then I could completely ignore Bull. I literally do not remember talking to him once, as there was a dwarf and some others to take - although I remember I struggled to fill the last slot in party I think.

You cant do that in BG3. Its just there, true, but literally everywhere seeping from every crack. I cant think of a way to build the party that avoids it, maybe the stronk Githyanki...Just cos she doesnt give too mamy fucks? Anyway I resorted to those extra magic box adventurers eventually to silence the bullshit.

Kiste

Augur
You cant do that in BG3. Its just there, true, but literally everywhere seeping from every crack. I cant think of a way to build the party that avoids it, maybe the stronk Githyanki...Just cos she doesnt give too mamy fucks? Anyway I resorted to those extra magic box adventurers eventually to silence the bullshit.

DA:I is Brokeback Mountain, while BG3 is a Village People video.

Edit:
If it bothers you so much, there is a pretty good mod that changes most of the homo/tranny NPCs to normal people and constrains the character creator appropriately:
https://rpghq.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=34884-no-alphabets-4-4-1-baldur-s-gate-3
This mod changes the romance options to be non-gay:
https://rpghq.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=40764-better-romance-2-5-0-baldur-s-gate-3

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Anyway I resorted to those extra magic box adventurers eventually to silence the bullshit.

It's hilarious that the preset ones are ugly as hell to discourage players from choosing them. You have to intentionally make creatures that ugly.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Yeah. But at least they just stfu and let you play protag. Be good if a solid mod comes out to build the party, but then every second person you meet still got splashed with the rainbow so I dunno. Weird to look fondly back on DA:I cos it was average but I seem to remember being able to get through most of the story without it.

Anyway back on topic hopefully Bioware can bring it back? ME did have some cool companions that were just normalish, Miranda was believable enough with sorta normal daddy issues, Liara was cute, dlc merc dude was pretty awesome, assassin Krell was single father archetype, had some choices there. Lets forget Andromeda ever happened.

Kiste

Augur
Anyway back on topic hopefully Bioware can bring it back? ME did have some cool companions that were just normalish, Miranda was believable enough with sorta normal daddy issues, Liara was cute, dlc merc dude was pretty awesome, assassin Krell was single father archetype, had some choices there. Lets forget Andromeda ever happened.
In ME2, as a female Shep, you could fuck everything except a white guy. You could fuck black, green and blue, but not white.

Falksi

Arcane
Gotchya.

DA:I was ridiculous with it to the point it didn't feel remotely like a fantasy adventure, it felt like a Twitter/Reddit cosplay party.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Those days are long over in AAA space, at least until the industry sees some "disruption."

By disruption I mean corporate game stooges get their ass handed to them by people with talent and an actual passion for building games.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Yeah. I mean your probably right. Itll depend on who buys what though. Id say I was hoping for an E.T style crash but these days marketing overshadows everything and gamers have very little willpower to resist. I still have faith that a solid triple AAA game of the old sort could sell, I mean it was sort of RPGs that started the whole fad - there was always a strong female option etc etc in a time when it was not common in media anf they were still good. Just so...everywhere these days.

Kiste

Augur
I'd rather forget Andromeda and how the game retconned the Asari from an all-female species to a non-binary species with prefered pronouns.

9ted6

Educated
Will this be as gay as BG3?
DA:I is less gay than BG3, but also more boring.

DA:I has a gay companion that looks like Freddy Mercury and his whole quest line revolves around his father trying to subject him to gay conversion therapy via blood magic, and Freddy whines about it all the time.

The game even retconned the Qunari into being totally accepting of transgenderism, even though their whole society is based on ultra-strict sex roles. I guess Qunari females can now just self-identify out of their oppression.

Does BG3 lean anywhere near as heavily into such explicitly message-laden content?
BG3 is a gay fetish game first and SJW pandering game second. DAI is an SJW pandering game first and gay fetish game second.

They're both garbage but their priorities are different. One wants you to fap at the degeneracy and the other wants you to clap.

Kiste

Augur
BG3 is a gay fetish game first and SJW pandering game second. DAI is an SJW pandering game first and gay fetish game second.

They're both garbage but their priorities are different. One wants you to fap at the degeneracy and the other wants you to clap.
If you ignore Teh Gay in BG3, you miss nothing. In DA:I, you're missing a major companion storyline.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I played through a couple Dragon Age games. That was enough Bioware for me. They suck at almost everything. Inquisition is one of the worst games I ever played in my life, no exaggeration. Origins had some likeable characters and decent story moments. That's the only positive I will give the worthless hacks.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I played through a couple Dragon Age games. That was enough Bioware for me. They suck at almost everything. Inquisition is one of the worst games I ever played in my life, no exaggeration. Origins had some likeable characters and decent story moments. That's the only positive I will give the worthless hacks.
You didn't play Dragon Age: Origins, you played a similar game to DA:O dumbed down for consoles.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
You didn't play Dragon Age: Origins, you played a similar game to DA:O dumbed down for consoles.
I did in fact play DA:O, and it was not very good. Didn't help that it released in the same year as Demon's Souls which probably made it seem even shittier than it really was.

janior

Arcane
Patron
lol right like orgins is not a console game...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom