Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights OC: What makes it so terrible?

What is the actual problem with the OC

• Total voters

PorkBarrellGuy

Lol. Ever play Icewind Dale? The party is there because no class in d&d is supposed to be self sufficient.

You do know soloing IWD is totally possible and much more hassle-free, right?

Possible yes, but much more hassle-free? I don't follow.

You have to control just one guy, reducing management stuff to nothing. Maybe your mileage might vary, but I prefer party based games only for turn-based stuff where I can meaningfully control everything without having to be an autist that pauses the games every step.

More of an issue with RTwP than with party dynamics, then.

Tigranes

Arcane
They should have deleted all the story too, so that you wouldn't see the usual problems of RPG stories

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, at least DS had a variety of enemies and environments to slog through.

NWN OC had... uh... a quantity of enemies and environments to slog through. And combat was about 10 times slower than Dungeon Siege, and you only controlled one char while DS let you control a whole party which, hilariously, made a game that was just supposed to be a Diablo clone more tactical than a game that was supposed to be a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate.

Funny, isn't it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom