Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

notpl

Arbiter
I think straight bard is one of the most interesting things you can play in 3e, especially solo. Monk/rogue with kamas is also interesting if you don't want to cast.

rogueknight333

Arbiter
... Also a question for everyone, I only every play Gish or Clerics what is another class or combination that would be fun to try?

If you have not played a Cleric using ranged weapons that could be an interesting variation - most of the buffs still work and if you take Zen Archery Wisdom can boost both your AB and spell-casting. Throw in a Monk level and it can boost AC too.

If you want to try something very different you could play a Druid/Shifter. Also often very challenging, though in a low magic environment it can be OP.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
If you have not played a Cleric using ranged weapons that could be an interesting variation - most of the buffs still work and if you take Zen Archery Wisdom can boost both your AB and spell-casting. Throw in a Monk level and it can boost AC too.

If you want to try something very different you could play a Druid/Shifter. Also often very challenging, though in a low magic environment it can be OP.

Demolition Man would be fun and super strong. Just running through OC right now. Never played a druid before hmm...

Finished the nwn 2 oc today. I dunno I maybe it was the 90 hours finish ff7 rebirth the other week.

However I really enjoy it, I left off a year back in the middle of chapter 2. So I had act 2 and 3 to finish.

Honestly it was a good time, I ended up enjoying the story, some of the npcs etc.

Maybe i have brain damage from all that jrpgness...

Last edited:

Poseidon00

Arcane
I think straight bard is one of the most interesting things you can play in 3e, especially solo. Monk/rogue with kamas is also interesting if you don't want to cast.

I fucking love Monks, insane saves

Higher level Monk/Druids in NWN2 specifically can become insane tanks with mega-saves and AC in the 50's.

There are only a few modules worth playing where anything can challenge you, great fun tbh

Poseidon00

Arcane
Finished the nwn 2 oc today. I dunno I maybe it wa the 90 hours finish ff7 rebirth the other week.

However I really enjoy it, I left off a year back in the middle of chapter 2. So I had act 2 and 3 to finish.

Honestly it was a good time, I ended ip enjoying the story, some of the nocs etc.

You're not broken, the NWN2 OC is fun and playable despite being on rails

Replaying Luke Scull's modules.

Very nice. Also he's got something in the pipeline later on a completely new module. I feel spoiled and lazy playing them though. I don't have to "super buff" for anything with all my blanket immunity items only time I died was to the water elemental. Just finished CToT.

I have to say Strength, Trickery and Animal are the best Cleric domains. Also a question for everyone, I only every play Gish or Clerics what is another class or combination that would be fun to try?
Trickery is very good. Besides letting you replace your party thief and get Improved Invisibility, it gives access to Invisibility Sphere. This is a low key spell that's very powerful in multiplayer and low magic settings/servers. It lasts 1 turn per level. I had a regular party on a PW where 3/4 people had sneak attack. I would cast the spell, then we'd all move in for an ambush. The trick, is that the caster of Invisibility Sphere takes no action. It functions like an aura. So I would move back and forth across the battlefield constantly renewing my party's invisibility. Not only would it make enemies flatfooted and trigger sneak bonuses, but every time someone would go invisible it would break the attacks of any monsters. My party would drift across zones, popping in and out of invisibility like a shadow of death, taking next to no damage. The server we played on was hardcore rules, with eating/drinking, spell components, limited rest and healing. This strategy was almost like cheat codes.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am making my way through Crimson Tides of Tethr before I hit Tyrants of Moonsea. It is decent enough so far, although the encounters are just okay. The mage/wizard that casts invisibility and then fireball in each pack is starting to get a little old.

I really need to finish Swordflight chapter 3 though. I can play chapter 1 and 2 endlessly, but I seem to lose traction after I leave the city in chapter 3.

Edit: I should add that, by Swordflight chapter 3, I end up wanting to try a different build. I find the unique class questions/options immensely enjoyable.

Last edited:

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If you enjoyed the first 2 modules at all, you really owe it to yourself to resist the urge to restart and play through 5 atleast once.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
If you enjoyed the first 2 modules at all, you really owe it to yourself to resist the urge to restart and play through 5 atleast once.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.. I have a problem.

I think it's typical for any crpg that has decent reactivity/a fairly open ended character creation system especially if there is challenging combat involved but again, resist the urge and press on!

deama

Prophet
Finished the nwn 2 oc today. I dunno I maybe it was the 90 hours finish ff7 rebirth the other week.

Honestly it was a good time, I ended up enjoying the story, some of the npcs etc.

Oh man, you should try the mask of the betrayer exp, that's some real good shit.

deama

Prophet
I really need to finish Swordflight chapter 3 though. I can play chapter 1 and 2 endlessly, but I seem to lose traction after I leave the city in chapter 3.
You might like chapter 4 even less then, it departs from the "city" type even moreso.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
You might like chapter 4 even less then, it departs from the "city" type even moreso.
I'll keep that in mind. For the most part, I start thinking of how another build would have handled certain encounters and then I find myself starting another playthrough.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Finished Crimson Tides of Tethyr. I found the ending sections a little jumbled, but overall far more enjoyable than Siege of Daggerford (whatever it was called). While the plot was preditable/straightfoward, I liked it all the same. I can already tell that the gear I accumulated from CTT will provide a decent boost in Tyrants of Moonsea (going to crush that Banelich).

After that, back to Swordflight - no excuses this time for not finishing chapter 3.

Gargaune

Magister
Siege of Daggerford
No, no, no, no! Listen, one can have a Siege of Shadowdale or some Darkness over Daggerford, but you can't just go around besieging Daggerford or darkening Shadowdale! It's already Shadowdale, if you darken it any further it'd be, I dunno, Nightdale or something.

P.S. Now Siege of Shadowheart, that's something I could get behind...

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Damn, for harder NwN modules you really need to have Uncanny Dodge and high saves / immunities. These spiders in Swordflight drop from the ceiling and surround me and wreck me. Love it.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Damn, for harder NwN modules you really need to have Uncanny Dodge and high saves / immunities. These spiders in Swordflight drop from the ceiling and surround me and wreck me. Love it.
Other than the Spiders, I remember the rust monsters and snake island really pissing me off.

Gargaune

Magister
Other than the Spiders, I remember the rust monsters and snake island really pissing me off.
The snake isles made me ragequit three times in succession, something I don't really do at my age anymore. Ch.3 is when I finally gave up any ambition of finishing Swordflight fair and square.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
The snake isles made me ragequit three times in succession, something I don't really do at my age anymore. Ch.3 is when I finally gave up any ambition of finishing Swordflight fair and square.
The Rust Monsters and Snake Island were the only areas I wish there was less combat. It went from "oh shit" to "oh shit, how many are there." Still an immensely enjoyable module that got me into NWN1.

Also, was I the only one that god ball-stomped by the fire giants just outside the city in Chapter 3?

Gargaune

Magister
Also, was I the only one that god ball-stomped by the fire giants just outside the city in Chapter 3?
lol no :lol:

Because you intend to play them or you smell Doom of Icewind Dale news around the bend?

Gargaune

Magister
P.S. Luke Scull, you've got a filename typo in the 1.5 SoS EE package on the Vault - the .mod file is named Siege of Shadowale instead of Shadowdale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom