Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Morocco and Indonesia confirmed for Civilization 5: Brave New World

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Civilisation V

2kgmkt_civvbnw_screenshot_civil_war_1_25746.nphd.jpg

Indonesia and Morocco confirmed for Civ 5: Brave New World.

The other revealed civilizations are Brazil, Poland, Assyria, Zulu, and Portugal. Two more civilizations have yet to be revealed.

It seems that they're using a lot of civilizations that they've never used before. Any predictions for the next update?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm almost sure it's gonna be another East/Middle European nation (Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania?) and another Native American civ (I bet on Sioux).

Oarfish

Prophet
Yes, more unique units and animated leaders it what it needs. Remind me why the diplomacy mechanics haven't significantly improved for over a decade?

catfood

AGAIN
This is what I liked about Civ 2 the most: you could make your own custom civ. I forged so many empires with Romania back in the day.....

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm betting on Finland and Nepal.

Finland would be grand. Doubt it'll happen, but I'd like to see (no doubt horribly voiced) Mannerheim as the leader and Jaeger as the special unit.
I might actually get it if it was so bad it was so good, complete with a black Mannerheim.

EDIT: Also, my bets are Bastardonia and Duchy of Grand Fenwick.

Absalom

Lol. I remember playing as the Canadians in Civ 1. All you had to do was press escape when picking a civ and it allowed you to rename a civilization to whatever you wanted. My rulers name, incidently, was John Eh?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Here's a nice source of information released thus far: http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_bravenewworld.html

I'm looking forward to the expansion. Archaeology will give you a reason to continue exploring well after the entire world has been mapped. Ideologies will let you play out some Cold War-esque fun. Trade routes are now actually something on the map that need to be protected and can be attacked. You can finally trade food and production between your cities. Then there's tourism, great works, diplomats, a world congress and the standard new civilizations, units and technologies. The diplomacy AI is being reworked, so hopefully that means the combat AI is too. Also, with the culture changes and tourism, I hope they give America a new, better fitting unique ability: one that degrades the culture of other civilizations.

oscar

Arcane
Is this game decent yet? Heard conflicting stories about the AI.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Civ5 is a spectacular crap. They somehow managed to create an AI worse than Civ4 had. And failed to fix it for 2 years.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's not crap, at least not the strategic AI. The tactical one is still a pushover though.

All in all, Civ5 inclined enormously since the vanilla. After BNW, if it comes off, it'll be a great game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom