Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Lays of Evenheart - Vapourware

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
the project is now going on an indefinite hiatus. Mostly due to life and career stuff.

That sucks, but it happens. Hope you find your way back to it if possible. :salute:

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Prepare to lose 7% of your strength and dexterity per year once you’re considered ‘declining’. For all races this is 1/2 the maximum male lifespan. For humans, this is 45 years old.
Screen-Shot-2022-03-16-at-5-15-51-pm.png

Once you reach the age considering 'elderly', 2/3rds the maximum male lifespan (60 years for humans), you can no longer gain new strength or dexterity exp. Watch your legendary heroes waste away into clumsy feeble old-timers.
Jesus, if I was happy to put up with this shit I wouldn't need to play games.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hey all, despite some massive leaps forward in development recently (the combat engine is 90% finished), the project is now going on an indefinite hiatus. Mostly due to life and career stuff. I’m going to put ‘vaporware’ in the title so that no new readers get disappointed after being interested.

The last thing I’ll say is that if development one day continues or some kind of spiritual successor is made, it will be back better than ever :)
Is it finished yet?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey all, despite some massive leaps forward in development recently (the combat engine is 90% finished), the project is now going on an indefinite hiatus. Mostly due to life and career stuff. I’m going to put ‘vaporware’ in the title so that no new readers get disappointed after being interested.

The last thing I’ll say is that if development one day continues or some kind of spiritual successor is made, it will be back better than ever :)
Is it finished yet?
Nah the hiatus just started.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Since I might not have a chance to show off some of the interesting things I’ve already integrated into the game, I thought I'd explain some of them. Selecting personality traits was the meat of the character generation system. You were given 10 points to spend on four traits (some traits costing more than others), with the remainder of your points going towards other bonuses like a pet dog or adventuring gear. Two of your personality qualities are 'childhood' traits, while the other two are 'adolescence' traits.

When you first start the game, you'll be in an isolated settlement in the Forgotten Frontier, surrounded almost certainly by randomly generated wilderness. Hiking via highlands and mountains can gain you strength xp, and these terrains provide a greater view of the surrounding countryside (the camera zooms out). The speed at which you moved was determined by the terrain you were traversing. Because you were swimming, the water tiles slowed you down the most. Mountains were also slow, and if you didn't have enough supplies, you could freeze to death. When winter arrived, all tiles required supplies to combat the cold. You had to keep track of your food as well, but you couldn't starve to death. Hunger was only a combat debuff. An incomplete hunting and foraging mechanism was also included in the game, though it was far from comprehensive. Foraging isn't particularly exciting, but hunting required you to track down animals all across the world map and was an effective method to earn money early on. Though there was always the risk of getting ambushed by monsters…

The courtship system was arguably my proudest achievement. I believe I designed the most realistic dating algorithm ever found in an RPG. NPCs can currently only be found in inns. With an Attractiveness level of 'charming,' a Renown level of 'leader,' and a Charisma level of 'master,' Eddy was my main testing character. Hundreds of unmarried ladies still turned him down. He came close a couple of times.

Aemar

Arcane
I believe I designed the most realistic dating algorithm ever found in an RPG. Eddy was my main testing character. Hundreds of unmarried ladies still turned him down. He came close a couple of times.
Lays of Incelheart.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
It's been over a year since my last update, so let me share my tale. Lays of Evenheart still slumbers. While I wasn't inspired by Battle Brothers (never even played it), I know the game at its core could be described as Battle Brothers + life sim stuff.

Now a new challenge calls to me. A traditional CRPG engine, isometric, with turn-based combat and dialogue trees aplenty. Set in the bronze age, but that's all I shall reveal about it for now! Perhaps, in time, this engine shall be repurposed for a Lays of Evenheart reboot. For now, let me continue on my game developer journey, tinkering away in the background, out of sight, and we'll see what wonders I may yet bring.

prev.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom