Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KOTOR Mod: Something stupid this way comes

Jiles

Educated
This guy should team up with MPrilla.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
And one last note on the model compiler/decompiler. If you can belive it, I myself am begining to be skeptical about if it was made or not. Element X made it supposedly and I believed him because he seems to be a master coder. And he said I would have it soon. Thus why I posted at Holowan saying I would have it and that it would be released. Right now, I finally found the download for some sort of model extractor and I thought it was Element X's but I was a bit suprised when he uploaded cchargins extractor instead of his own and I keep pming him saying upload the freaking thing but he kept giving me the link to a site that didn't work. And now he says that someone tried to hack his computer and he is now very angry and scared. Now he wont be online as in he wont e-mail people or upload stuff on the internet because his "excuse" now is that the worm might infect the program which I doubt but I suppose its a possiblity. So, if he DOES have this stupid thing, I won't have it in my possesion for a while the way things are looking so please stop blaming this stuff on me. Im not the creator and I am really not the distributer, I am merely the supervisor. If you all want to complain any further, e-mail Element X but I doubt he will be opening those things until he has a complete repair to his system. So, if you people think I am not going to finish this mod because of the fact that the galaxy forge mod was lost when my computer crashed and I don't have a model program that I DIDN'T EVEN MAKE, your wrong. I am going to finish this thing if I have to do it by myself because frankly, I am one of the few guys who does nothing but sits in front of the computer all day and mods games. So PLEASE, i'm begging you all and you all know who I'm talking to, quit complaining about me sayiong this wont come out and that won't come out. Its starting to get ridiculous and becoming very immature. So cut it out, okay?

What the hell kind of "Master Coder" is brought down by an email worm?

Voss

Erudite
I am one of the few guys who does nothing but sits in front of the computer all day and mods games

Few?

And everyone remember from now on, having reasonable doubts about overly ambitious empty claims on the internet is very immature.

But don't worry. He'll be fine. Teddy Ruxspin will always love him.[/quote]

Fez

Erudite
It's so stupid, so many moronic statements - I don't know where to start. Apart from calling him an egotistical little shit.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That big angry slab of text that Saint quoted (you can scroll up and read it, go on, you know you want to) is why I've never been a strong advocate of PR in game mods. If you're making a game mod, make the mod. Don't spend all your fucking time posting everywhere about it before it's even released. Wait until it's finished, then do the plugging.

The only things you should need before then are the odd mention of what you're working on so the few people that are interested know where they can sign up and help out.

Llyranor

Liturgist
I've been visiting these boards for a bit now, mostly stalking Magical Volo, but I just had to register to say that this is the greatest thread of all time.

Grifman

Liturgist
This is one of the biggest piles of steaming crap that I heard in a long time. A part time, amateur team with no training,little or no experience, and no access to the source code or actual tools is going to make a bigger mod with more changes in it and get it out before KOTOR2, than Obidian, which has trained and experienced professional, actual access to the source code and tools. What a joke! And what's so funny is there are people believing they can do this?! Geez, I wish I could bottle and sell what these people must be smoking! I'd be able to see ice to Eskimos and sand to Arabs.

Grifman

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Oh no! The mod is apparently falling on hard times! Here's what one of the modders came out to say, the one that actually suggested the non-Jedi PC class(which is the only decent idea I saw in the thing):

Servant of Eru said:
Nailyboy is already claiming that Ex, our only real coder, is ignoring him, not replying to him when he calls out to him via IM, and thinks he was lying the whole time about his model compiler/decompiler.

Nevermind the fact that if they had done any research on modding KotOR, they would have discovered that you don't even need a model compiler doohickey. Type in "KOTOR mod" in google, the third link from the top tells you how to edit the models in KotOR.

Oh yeah, and the top link on that search is this thread here. :D

But anyway, if that mod leader guy had any sense, he would have known that whole worm/hax0r thing was a load of bullshit.

That and some mediocre reskins.

They made Bastilla blonde though! This mod will rule!

I may have next to no experience designing mods, but even I know that it will be next to impossible to make the Odyssey engine work with Soul Caliber 2/JA elements, as well as Netplay. I mean, c'mon people, can't you see this mod for what it is? A piece of bullsh!t vaporware? Not to mention if it is made, it will be a piece of sh!t munchkin gaming, over powered experience.....oh, yeah, with dual wielded saber staffs. Kewl man.

Well, at least it wasn't quad stave wielding meyhem with full on feet of fury weapon action.

But yeah, anyone that thinks maxed stats makes a game replayable is an idiot. What's the point of playing something more than once if you can get everything the first time? Once you become that CHOOSING ONE, what's left to do the next time? You have everything - all the highest stats, all the feats and powers, etc. What's left?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom