Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
you need to have a cleric
Cleric? Who plays a Cleric?

Must... have... domains!

Also damn Mass Protection from Alignment at lvl 2 on Pal is nuts. Turtle up and let the Mantis Rogue and summons run off and kill shit (HG Pal gets there to Grapple eventually).

Pro tip: discover that you can protect from Neutrality *before* fighting a gazzilion true neutral foes.

Desiderius

Patron
I'll run Cleric in my next party.

Turning Domain surprisingly useful on Bishop.

Desiderius

Patron
Biggest problem with Cleric is the lack of Class Specific Feats other Pure Casters get.

If you (or Pierre) are looking to update weak classes Cleric is the place to start.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.70
Axes High! Version 1.70 of Knights of the Chalice 2 celebrates our worthy friends, the Mighty Dwarves! Join the party, everyone's invited! ^_^

• New Feats: Added two new feats for Dwarves: 'Giant Hunter' and 'Shieldbearer'.
  • Graphics: Added modular Dwarf sprites, complete with a selection of beards, Dwarven armour, and Dwarven shields and weapons, including magical ones! Potentially, you could also use the Dwarf sprites for a Half-Giant character, by setting the character's height above 100%.
  • User Interface: Reworked the Character-Creation Interface so that the first choice you make is the character's race, and selecting a race/subrace/gender will automatically set the character's physical appearance to something appropriate for that race. That way, you no longer have to spend time configuring the appearance of a character if you just want to create a new character without worrying about what he or she looks like.
  • Enemy AI: Enemy archers won't use 'Rapid Shot' when they don't have enough arrows left to benefit from it.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a bug when changing the name of a weapon or armour in the inventory screen. The item would disappear after changing the name.
  • Bug Fix: Psychic Healers of level 1 that have the feat Healing Focus will now be able to activate the power Cell Division. The game wasn't taking into account your feats when checking the caster level of a psionic power. Thank you so much Kyle for the bug report!
  • Bug Fix: When launching a new module starting on a map containing no activable zones at all, there was still a source of crashes. This is now fixed. Thank you Kyle for the heads-up!
  • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with ambient sound sources associated with a hidden activable zone.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a source of crasheswhen an enemy character with multiple ranged attacks only has one arrow left in his ammunition slot and starts his round using a full attack to shoot. The game would crash after processing the first shooting attack, due to an empty ammunition slot. Thank you so much Steve for letting me know about this bug!
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a bug concerning the energy damage reductions of characters when swapping items in the inventory screen. This was a potential source of crashes and memory corruption.
  • Pregen Chars: The Dwarf pre-generated characters, Griswack and Belissaria, now have a Dwarf sprite, and the Drake pre-generated characters, Haphel and Cromwall, now have a wing sprite.
  • Augury of Chaos: Changed the sprite of the Blackfire Shield from 'acid' to 'flaming'.
  • Help Files: In the Help Entries for the conditions 'Enlarged' and 'Reduced', added a line indicating that the change in damage rolls does not apply to your Natural Weapons (claws, bite, etc). Also improved the formatting for the Help Entries of the Feats Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting and Overrun.
Please don't hesitate to email me at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com if you find any bugs and annoyances, so that I can fix the game quickly. A saved game may be very helpful, too.

Thank You For Your Support, Loyal Mages and Warriors of the Realm!! Rejoice :)

Desiderius

Patron
Is there a trick to using Grim's (Haste) Pipes in Hearkenworld?

Starts with 1 use then that use goes to zero before they can be used.

Dorateen

Arcane
Mind the trap!
Killed almost everyone in the party, including the Bard I was going to test with, but Cleric survived so I was able to patch up the rest.

I fixed the Pipes, this version of the module 1.70 has them working correctly.

Hearkenwold

I tested and was able to equip a Bard character with the Pipes, and then Activate the Haste spell in battle.

Thanks for catching that!

Dorateen

Arcane
Dorateen I lowered the forcefield in Morlo's Tower, but the one in the Owlbear cave is still there.

Is this WAI?
Yes, the forcefield surrounding the tower is the main one that needs to be lowered. The one in the owlbear cave is just where it extended underground. I should go back and make that disappear too, but there is nothing else there behind it.

Desiderius

Patron
Dorateen I lowered the forcefield in Morlo's Tower, but the one in the Owlbear cave is still there.

Is this WAI?
Yes, the forcefield surrounding the tower is the main one that needs to be lowered. The one in the owlbear cave is just where it extended underground. I should go back and make that disappear too, but there is nothing else there behind it.
Why not put something there so that the "oh yeah, I forgot about that" has adequate closure?

An Owlbear shepherd druid or some shit who got inadvertently trapped there causing the rest of the Owlbears to go mad or whatever.

Dorateen

Arcane
Why not put something there so that the "oh yeah, I forgot about that" has adequate closure?

An Owlbear shepherd druid or some shit who got inadvertently trapped there causing the rest of the Owlbears to go mad or whatever.
That is a fun idea. Something like that I would add in the next update. It's a nice bit of reactivity if the player thinks to go back and check the area.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/4064395

Update #82: KotC 2 1.70 Adds Modular Dwarf Sprites & Updates Character Creation + Tips for Dall-E 3!​

Hello everyone! In the past month, we had two updates for KotC 2. The updates fixed various bugs, revamped the Character-Creation interface to make it easier to create new characters quickly, and introduced new modular Dwarf sprites which reflect the body, hair, armour, and weapons of the character.

In addition, new tokens for Dwarves can now be created automatically by the game based on the character's face and hair.

07cccf8e14745fdead48f8e60ace7a38_original.png

I've also had a chance to discuss a bunch of improvements for the Paladin class with a number of people. Thank you for all the suggestions I've received! These improvements should be coming soon, as well as a few new interesting feats for all of the classes.

On the graphics front, next I'd like to work on new sprites for Giant Snakes, Giant Frogs, Mariliths, and Evil Eyes.

Speaking of Mariliths and graphics, I've just tested image creation using the Dall-E 3 text-to-image AI. It was suggested to me by Kyle. Thank you, Kyle!

Dall-E 3 is available through ChatGPT Plus and also for free through Copilot. It produces images in the format 1024x1024 (square format) or 1792x1024 (landscape format).

Here's a tip for Copilot users who don't live in the US: under Settings, switch your Country/Region to United States - English in order to get extra image-creation features, including the option to recreate an image in landscape format.

For a story image of the Battle at the Gate of Gleegold Keep in Augury of Chaos, I tried various prompts and I reworked the best images with Photoshop to improve coherence. Please feel free to comment, which image do you prefer?

3353667c47772c669c3f15d82e1a0cb2_original.png

For people creating modules based on top-down graphics, I also wanted to suggest this video from TheAIWizard showing how AI may help in the creation of background graphics.

Dall-E 3 can also help with isometric graphics. For example, I made the following dungeon really quickly based on five images of an empty dungeon room and one of a cave entrance.

658b254fb6ea5465c6db848dec96f37e_original.png

If you create a separate KotC 2 map for each room, you don't even have to do work in Photoshop, because then you don't need to assemble all of the rooms into a dungeon.

Now, let's review the changes brought by the latest KotC 2 versions, 1.70 and 1.69.

List of changes in KotC 2 version 1.70​

• New Feats: Added two new feats for Dwarves: 'Giant Hunter' and 'Shieldbearer'.
  • Graphics: Added modular Dwarf sprites, complete with a selection of beards, Dwarven armour, and Dwarven shields and weapons, including magical ones! Potentially, you could also use the Dwarf sprites for a Half-Giant character, by setting the character's height above 100%.
  • User Interface: Reworked the Character-Creation Interface so that the first choice you make is the character's race, and selecting a race/subrace/gender will automatically set the character's physical appearance to something appropriate for that race. That way, you no longer have to spend time configuring the appearance of a character if you just want to create a new character without worrying about what he or she looks like.
  • Enemy AI: Enemy archers won't use 'Rapid Shot' when they don't have enough arrows left to benefit from it.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a bug when changing the name of a weapon or armour in the inventory screen. The item would disappear after changing the name.
  • Bug Fix: Psychic Healers of level 1 that have the feat Healing Focus will now be able to activate the power Cell Division. The game wasn't taking into account your feats when checking the caster level of a psionic power. Thank you so much Kyle for the bug report!
  • Bug Fix: When launching a new module starting on a map containing no activable zones at all, there was still a source of crashes. This is now fixed. Thank you Kyle for the heads-up!
  • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with ambient sound sources associated with a hidden activable zone.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a source of crashes when an enemy character with multiple ranged attacks only has one arrow left in his ammunition slot and starts his round using a full attack to shoot. The game would crash after processing the first shooting attack, due to an empty ammunition slot. Thank you so much Steve for letting me know about this bug!
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a bug concerning the energy damage reductions of characters when swapping items in the inventory screen. This was a potential source of crashes and memory corruption.
  • Pre-generated Characters: The Dwarf pre-generated characters, Griswack and Belissaria, now have a Dwarf sprite, and the Drake pre-generated characters, Haphel and Cromwall, now have a wing sprite.
  • Augury of Chaos: Changed the sprite of the Blackfire Shield from 'acid' to 'flaming'.
  • Help Files: In the Help Entries for the conditions 'Enlarged' and 'Reduced', added a line indicating that the change in damage rolls does not apply to your Natural Weapons (claws, bite, etc). Also improved the formatting for the Help Entries of the Feats Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting and Overrun.
34b85b335ed2cc6d5d225ead74628852_original.png

List of changes in KotC 2 version 1.69​

• Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that could occur when changing the name of a character, especially the name of the party leader. This could result in scripted sequences not getting launched after the change.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a player-character movement bug that could occur out of combat after certain dialogue sequences, with a character entering a walking loop.
  • Bug Fix: Fixed a display bug introduced in version 1.68 due to the new sprites, which could result in some enemy sprites disappearing intermittently.
  • Augury of Chaos: Tweaked a dialogue script in the Low Sewers (when you find something strange about a stone pillar).
  • Editor: In the Script Editor, added an option to turn on and off a map's Rain Sound Effect.
  • Editor: In the Script Editor, added an option to play OGG voice files using the Play Sound script command. The OGG files should be placed in the 'Sounds' folder of the module's folder.
  • User Interface: In various character-creation screens, right clicking on the Character Skills box will now open the help screen.

Next Steps for Knights of the Chalice 2​

The next development steps are the following:

• Continue work on the encounters, monsters & scenario of the upcoming KotC 2 module.
  • Work on sprites from 3D models, new story images & a possible upgrade of spell icons.
  • Work on voice effects for Critical Hits & monsters, and some voiceovers.
  • Implement new features such as new monster abilities, subraces, feats, familiars, items.
  • Fix any remaining issues mentioned on Steam, GOG, heroicfantasygames.com, or by email.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or bug reports, please feel free to let me know here, in the Forums, or by email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com. I appreciate it!

Thank You For Your Steadfast Support, Brave Heroes of the Realm!! Take care :)

wolfbane

Novice
A shame to see him so into GenAI for art assets. I love the game to death but that’s a shame for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom